Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PvP Balance Adjustments and PvP Tiers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I agree w/ G. The most exciting and interesting thing - which would also help assure good, balanced fights in PVP tiers - would be the introduction of new powerful stuff for these lower levels.
    We dont need any new stuff. Just bring back some old stuff like ice sets and maybe a para gem which can be crafted on items lvl 46 and below. This would also revive the economy since the market of twink items is a good merching point.

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

I think the new system is best for both the players and STS. Of course they will have to introduce new gear, or bring back old gear so it can be competitive for all players not just those who are op and camping at a certain level forever. A refresh of sorts, just like end game.

+1 STS

IGN:
    Drizzitty
    Cryformana
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Another thing I'd like to add.

I love the idea of introducing new gear, but I hate it as a solution to meet the demand that this change will create. It would be totally unfair for the players who are not already at the highest level in their bracket to have to bear the brunt of the costs of making this change. It is not enough to just tell us "Everything will be ok!" and toss in some new gear and old gems hoping to mollify the angry crowd.

By creating these brackets, you would be arbitrarily picking the winners and losers of who has to pay for the new gear to support them. Please give us the option of upgrading or downgrading our gear to the appropriate level so we can all be winners. Then, please do introduce some long-overdue new gear for lower level PvP players.
    Last edited by Niixed; 05-07-2016 at 02:49 PM.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

This is a great idea!!! Allowing players who are in the middle of the brackets to either lvl up or down to the top lvl of the brackets of their choosing along with their gear/gems and pet would, in my opinion, ensure more twink activities. This will allow the mid-tier players who have invested millions in their gear to continue to participate in low lvl pvp without having to worry about selling/losing gold trying to lvl up and buy new gear.

I really hope STS takes this idea into consideration as it is the least disruptive solution to this tier system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundyrz View Post
    I think this change is wonderful, I really love the idea because it will guarantee plenty of activity at each bracket and eliminate many other problems that cause drama.

My problem with this change is that the 25-30 million gold I've invested in my two 23 twinks will be destroyed. I have a paras, eyes, grand tarloks and grand reinforced gear. The demand for level 25 gear will skyrocket omg. I truly hope you give us the option of upgrading our gear to 25 (or the highest level of whichever tier we are now members of) while NOT destroying the precious gems. That would make the transition much easier and the pvp community would be very grateful.
    Last edited by Bluebatthing; 05-07-2016 at 03:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I haven't posted a really good original idea in quite a while, but reading this thread made me think of one.....

How about introducing a recipe into the game that would allow twinks to upgrade items to top of their PVP tier.

For example, if you are a level 16 warrior and you have this excellent Icescale Helm & Armor set with full para gems, now you are being faced with a situation where in order to compete you must level up to 20. Suddenly your very expensive level 16 Icescale set has become somewhat worthless. So how about being able to obtain a recipe that will allow you to upgrade an item from level 16 to level 20. This upgrade process would upgrade the item to the exact same item at level 20, and would keep the same exact gems that the level 16 item had.

These recipes could be divided into tiers and could be an item that comes in locked crates. So if you are a level 16 warrior and you open a locked crate, you would have a chance to loot a "Level 20 Upgrade Recipe". Only items from level 16-19 would be eligible to be upgraded using a "Level 20 Upgrade Recipe". Similar recipes could exist for levels 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, and 40. And the recipes could be tradable for those who do not open locked crates.

Also, I think only legendary items should be eligible for these upgrades. Mythic and Arcane items are only available at certain levels, so those cannot be upgraded.

I think this will solve this problem. Because no matter how you design the tier levels, there is always going to be someone who falls at the lower end of a tier who will feel cheated.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree with what others have said -> Either return to the previous pvp level-matching system (where each level has a niche), or give us a way to adjust our level and the level of our gear.

Honestly, there is so much dependent on that one little number, and yet it seems so arbitrary and abstract. A really solid item being one or two levels off, it kind of takes the fun out, if you know what I mean. I should be able to visit a blacksmith and request a slight modification or something. And the idea of scrapping everything that you've put into a character and starting over just because you're a couple levels too high... for me at least it's a bit too much. I've had the same level 16 rogue for longer than I've had my end-cap rogue. Heck, I reached end-cap as a way to finance my level 16! Earned Infamous title, arcane daggers, joined top-ranking guild and maintain a 500 to 1 pve kdr, but what I really wanted to do was invest in my level 16. Please don't tell me that it was all for nothing...

I don't normally spend a lot of platinum, but you bet I would to keep all that hard work from going to waste. It doesn't have to be cheap or easy, but it could very well make a huge difference in whether or not a lot of us can keep playing at low-levels with the same characters that we have stuck with for months and even years. It's not just pvp, but also events and low-level farming and helping out newer players. Given the choice, I prefer doing dailies and such with my level 16. I love showing people that level isn't everything, and that what you put into the game has (or should have) a direct result upon what you get out of it.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hail View Post
    I must say though, I much prefer the idea of fixed level zones rather than a possibility of what levels can enter. It is also an advantage to me, my low level is 10 - despite not using it #endgameratm.
    ATM I am 50/50 in regards to the idea. As I said before, fixed level zones are awesome but I do understand the rage of people at the lower ends of the brackets. But guys remember this was done to tackle the ever growing unbalance in pvp. STS could have just screwed us over and given us that -50% damage at every level but instead they scaled it to work best for every level.. so best to not rage over it too much and discuss the problem in a polite manner

Finally, a big thanks to sts for considering lower levels and working towards a more fair pvp for all, keep it up guys the game is starting to look great in my eyes.
    u say this becoz u have a lvl 10 already those who are lvl 6-7 what will they do no one will buy their gears...coz all try to buy lvl 10 gears how can we ever sell our gears if so?

im a lvl 7 op rouge with one of the best gears and hardcore pvp player.....

what should we do with our gears if no one buys it how can we go lvl 10 without gold and gears will be unavailable at 10 if all lvl up

and those who stay at 6-7 has a chance of starting to do dummy coz they cant sell their gears.....this will the mentality of those who are not able to lvl up, cant say but it can be a possibility....so sts kindly do the needed we would much appreciate if we have our old system back

and plz dont edit this post let them all understand what im trying to say

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Agree with mutantninjaz... i think this idea is awful. Everyone will go to the same level because lower levels will get destroyed. Im a lvl 7 twink and I dont feel like trying to sell my maxed gear(that nobody will buy) and going up to the top of the tier(lvl 10).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think a A LVL 22 vs LVL 25 is fair.

I don't want to level up and buy new armour!

Consider making a recipe which allows us to LVL up our armours to the top of the tier!
    Last edited by Justg; 05-07-2016 at 10:31 PM. Reason: less drama

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

ya its true what buymystuff said..... i spent around 4m too for my gears

if this tier system happens then my geras will be worth 1m or less hardly anyone will buy it

I would lose a lot of value with these changes.
    Last edited by Justg; 05-07-2016 at 10:32 PM. Reason: less drama

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Many people play pvp at twink levels. If im not mistaken, the whole point of these recent updates were to make pvp more balanced. However, i dont see in any way how making the level span 5 levels makes pvp more balanced.

Everyone will get fed up with being destroyed by the top tier twinks, and they will flock to those levels which will ruin the market for all of the lower levels.

Many twinks have spent years collecting rare items that are specific to their level.

Pvp was good before with a 3 level span. Please fix it. Thank you for reading.
    Last edited by Justg; 05-08-2016 at 10:14 AM. Reason: less drama. Again.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Thaze For This Useful Post:

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Thats why my proposal would solve things like these. Let me quote myself:
    Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    I propose, that you would help us "adjust" our levels. Like level11 that wanted to be L10, or L16 that wanted to be L15, or
    L18 who wanted to be L15 etc etc. When I said help, not just de-leveling the toons but also de-leveling the gears with the
    gems/jewels intact.
    I don't think new gears will solve this issue since para and eyes wont be back.
    Unless the new gears would have set bonus that would surpass para and eye.
    Last edited by kinzmet; 05-08-2016 at 12:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Omg please fix pvp system people have spent tons of gold collecting their gear for their specific lvl... You guys are causing big pvp guilds such as Fake, Evolution, Evolt, some Elite Twinks, some Tga, and Hunt to have huuuggge difficulties fighting lvl10s... It is not the same at these lvls.. Just one lvl makes a big deference. Nobody likes this idea down at thise lvls. Making the tons of gold and effort people put in their gear go to the trash please put the lvls back how there were

Please expalin to me... How on earth will a lvl6 kill a lvl10? (if u have played these brackets before u know our pain).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Redjellydonut; 05-08-2016 at 01:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    Dear Sir Cinco,

I have to admit, what I feel inlove in AL was the twinking PVP system. If you have design that then my hats off to you
    I do agree with the new design you did, the bracket system. But the disarray was on levels in-between the brackets caps.
    Also you didn't give us a chance to know something that would change our twinking drastically, you hit a lot of spots that
    would shake our silent peace in the twinking world.

You said you could have told us about the tier plans in advance, but failed to do so. If you sincerly sorry, then accept the
    responsibility about it

I propose, that you would help us "adjust" our levels. Like level11 that wanted to be L10, or L16 that wanted to be L15, or
    L18 who wanted to be L15 etc etc. When I said help, not just de-leveling the toons but also de-leveling the gears with the
    gems/jewels intact.

If this compromise would be agreed, then there will be no distress in forums and in-game about a radical change that was
    implemented out-of-the-blue.

Again, my hats off to you and the design team! This change was needed and I hoped for more interresting things from you guys!

Respectfully,
    -kinzmet
    this will make solution

HALL OF FAME RETURNS!
    IGN ramyunstyle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

First of all, I would like to thank the STS dev team for listening. You are making efforts to bring in changes for the health of the game and it shows. The forum community is better now than it has ever been with JustG and Cinco and other devs communicating with us. I do feel heard. Really appreciate it.

It is understood that the new system of PVP matchmaking Tiers (6-10, 11-15, etc) was implemented for better management of balance issues. Your perspective is clear to me. Ofcourse making changes per Tier is more convenient than making changes per level. It is indeed easier to assess the needs and issues of static brackets. But here is why I did not like the new system, from a player perspective.

1. This system is not for all. It gives priority to certain sections of players and isolates some others. Only the twinks who find themselves at the top level of each tier will absolutely LOVE this new system. It is nothing but sheer luck that those of us who play lvl 10 or 15 or 20 get to enjoy this new ability to be paired with players who are much lower than their own level. Very very easy kills.

2. The in-betweens (lvl 11, 13, 16, 17, etc) are at a loss for various reasons. In the earlier system they could choose to fight higher levels (if they had a team) or opt out if they were alone. Now they are forced to fight only levels higher than them or level up to the top of the tier.

3. Over the years, pvp twink guilds were formed based on that old matchmaking system. While it is lovely for players to level up and meet new friends from a different level range, it is also unfair to take away the ability to play together from long-time friends who are for example lvl 10 and 11 and have been guildmates/friends for years.

4. Given that players decide to level up to the top of each tier, what happens to the millions of gold and thousands of plat spent on acquiring their sets for their chosen level? Not cool.

Now having said that, how can this system be made to work? I would suggest the following options.

1. As somebody already stated a 3 level bracket instead of 5 in each Tier would be better. I am not sure but hoping that PVP is disabled for Lv 1s (there is absolutely no point enabling PVP for lv 1) , the brackets should start from lvl 2, so that the Tier consists of - [2,3,4]/ [5,6,7]/ [8,9,10] etc. This will still encourage players to level up to the top rung of the tier but the difference would be less.

2. Supposing the Tiers stay 5 levels as they are now, an NPC should be introduced which upgrades the level of our currently used equipment with all jewels and gems intact.This way players can smoothly level up without any loss. Suppose we use lvl 17 set, we should be able to level up our set to lvl 20 for example.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 05-08-2016 at 02:37 AM. Reason: fixed typos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I was thinking if they get some bonus or dmg reduction for each level no matter which level is. if they are lower level than opponent, the lower level players they get buff for scaled to both level so everyone in the braket 6 , 11, 16 still can play but it only applies on pvp. and they dont need to waste their gear too. it makes fair

same goes to 7,12.17 too

so the number of level is just number. otherwise level braeket between 5 doesnt mean anything
    Last edited by wlsgh15; 05-08-2016 at 02:50 AM.

HALL OF FAME RETURNS!
    IGN ramyunstyle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

How about make it 3 lvl cap instead 5?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redjellydonut View Post
    Omg please fix pvp system people have spent tons of gold collecting their gear for their specific lvl... You guys are causing big pvp guilds such as Fake, Evolution, Evolt, some Elite Twinks, some Tga, and Hunt to have huuuggge difficulties fighting lvl10s... It is not the same at these lvls.. Just one lvl makes a big deference. Nobody likes this idea down at thise lvls. Making the tons of gold and effort people put in their gear go to the trash please put the lvls back how there were

Please expalin to me... How on earth will a lvl6 kill a lvl10? (if u have played these brackets before u know our pain).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeh, big difference between lv6 and 10. Same goes with the other levels, players that are top of their tier are generally op compared to the other levels in their tier. The new pvp setup only made the top level of each tier more valuable and kinda destroyed the purpose of being other levels in the tier. It caused players to either lv up (delevel too) or rely on higher level players in their tier. So sts please reconsider and experiment this new pvp setup.

But thank you so much sts for listening to us, it really helps , looking forward (and a bit worried hehehe) to the new pet combo aa system, imagine the combo of sns aa death pool with toor aa quake, OMG OP O.o, hopefully that wont happen XD

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    We'll see how this all shakes out, but we are very open to introducing new gear (and bringing back some old stuff) to equip these tiers.
    but what about our para gears .... it took so long to find para gears now its completely destroyed if this tier system comes to live....will ull give our para back?

so better give us our old system back rather than tier system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

From what ive seen it seems like many people would be in favor of one of the 2 following solutions(this is an observation not a generalization):

1: bring back the old pvp matchmaking where maps have 3 levels but keep the pvp tiers solely for the same of the damage and healing nerfs. This makes the players happy because guilds stay in tact, and players of all levels will be able to join any map without getting farmed with 0 chance of fighting back. Devs are happy because there are fewer tiers that have to have the nerf values adjusted so less work for them.

2. Keep the tier system as is but there needs to be some major accomodations if this is the plan moving forwards. People should be given the option to lvl up to the top of their current tier or the tier below them. So if im 17 i should be granted the chance to delvl to 15. 15 is more similar to 17 than 20 is so i shouldnt be forced to go to 20 or an even higher tier after that if i want to br at the top lvl of my tier. Also there needs to be some course of action for the manipulation of gear to de lvl or lvl up with us. People have spent millions on there gear and out of the blue a new system comes a long that has the potential to seriously devalue items at lvls such as 16. What are people who spent millions on gear two weeks ago suppsed to do? Bite the pillow and bear the brunt of the financial consequences? I dont think so.

Also, an influx of people across 5 levels being funneled into only the 1 or 2 highest levels of each tier will create a devastating shortage in pvp gear.

G and cinco have mentioned presenting new items or bringing back old ones but here is my problem with that. New items will have to be so overpowered in stats to wipe out any remaining eye/para items or else people will still rather use their current gear. And if its that good it twinks, imagine that gear scaling to endgame. My problen with bringing back old gear is not only does it further devalue our current items, but there will still be a limited number of premier gemmed items at each lvl (14-15, 19-20) so people are still at a disadvantage.

Allowing people to have there items lvl up or delvl with then maintains the value of there items, prevente a shortage of gear, and maintains the value of items that people have spent millions on whether months ago or 2 weeks ago.

My take on this: why go through all the effort and hassle and discontent with changing peoples level/gear or finding a way to create new gear that surpasses our current gear while not being profoundly broken at endgame. Nobody had complaints about the old system, atleast none that ive ever seen. 0 threads were being made saying the old system needed changing, how many threads have been made saying this one does?

Why cant we just keep the tier system for damage and healing nerfs but leave the matchmaking as it was before? ^^^ least amount of discontent from players and accomodation required on sts part but they still have an easier method for managing the damage and healing nerfs:

Sidenotes:
    1. tbh the simplest thing to do would be to write an equation for the need values based upon level, ez done. Could be linear, might not be perfect but it would be more than adequate. Better yet, work with players to develop an exponential equation seeing as how dmg increases exponentially at higher levels. Pair this with the old matchmaking and pvp is even more balanced than it was before.And before i could still beat a full team of 19s using a fill team of 17s

Just food for thought

2. As for the actual tiers, i dont think lvls 10,15, 20 should be the top. Those levels have items exclusive to those lvls that the rest of the tier wont be able to use(unless they use the lower level version but a lvl 13-14 using a lvl 10 amulet or ring? Nuh uh. Plus those levels are when new jewels are available....this just makes the current imbalance between the highest lvl of the tier and all the other levels even more profound. It should be 10-14, 15-19 etc

so once again, why go through all the hassle when complaints to the old system were nearly nonexistent? Why not keep the tiers for damage and healing nerfs but leave the matchmaking as it was before <<<< this is entirely reasonable if there were no complaints that ive seen with the old system, there wont be any complaints if its brought back