Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PvP Balance Adjustments and PvP Tiers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Sure they can. Easy. All pvp is done at 5,10,15,20, etc. if you want to compete effectively, then you'd best be one of those levels. It's simple. No one would stay at 11, as you point out, because it would be suicide, or they would have to arrange 11 only matches.

I just think most here don't see the forest for the trees. The issue is about ONE thing - gear. People asking , just like at endgame (sometimes) to be able to level up and trade their gear in for upgraded versions for the new level cause they spent a ton of gold on it? And that's the only argument against the 5 level tiers. It's about being OP at their current level and wanting to stay that way.

My opinion, nothing more.

IGN: Cryformana, Drizzitty
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otahaanak View Post
    Sure they can. Easy. All pvp is done at 5,10,15,20, etc. if you want to compete effectively, then you'd best be one of those levels. It's simple. No one would stay at 11, as you point out, because it would be suicide, or they would have to arrange 11 only matches.

I just think most here don't see the forest for the trees. The issue is about ONE thing - gear. People asking , just like at endgame (sometimes) to be able to level up and trade their gear in for upgraded versions for the new level cause they spent a ton of gold on it? And that's the only argument against the 5 level tiers. It's about being OP at their current level and wanting to stay that way.

o really thats the only argument against it? i guess u didnt read 95% of this thread if your making that claim. Go to page 3 and read my long post then come say thats the only argument against it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

You probably play at lvl 5, 10, 15, 20 etc. Got your point that you need all twinks to play those levels. But really....almost blackmailing players to level up by tossing them in a matchmaking of 11-15 or 16-20? Not happening.

Instead you can maybe make more friends and ask them to join you at your bracket of pvp, convince them how awesome your bracket is etc so that on their own players go level up.

Personally I am not fond of certain brackets which have been known to be toxic. Gear is not the issue here. Abundance of premium-gemmed gear in auction. Even if I were handed the best pvp gear for free I would not level up to play there. And certain brackets are less populated than others only because of gang/block/trashtalk or the lack of them.
    Last edited by Earlingstad; 05-11-2016 at 12:18 AM.

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

I'm out of thanks, but what you said is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Earlingstad View Post
    You probably play at lvl 5, 10, 15, 20 etc. Got your point that you need all twinks to play those levels. But really....almost blackmailing players to level up by tossing them in a matchmaking of 11-15 or 16-20? Not happening.

Instead you can maybe make more friends and ask them to join you at your bracket of pvp, convince them how awesome your bracket is etc so that on their own players go level up.

Personally I am not fond of certain brackets which have been known to be toxic. Gear is not the issue here. Abundance of premium-gemmed gear in auction. Even if I were handed the best pvp gear for free I would not level up to play there. And certain brackets are less populated than others only because of gang/block/trashtalk or the lack of them.
    Nobody is blackmailing anybody here, we argue on or ideas but in the end we are all twinks playing the same game we love. The devs already give an official announcement about the matter we just shared our feeds and ague about it. BTW you you can't say a bracket is less populated if there were gangs and blocks, because you need people to gang and block which means its very populated. I play at L16, its populated with alot of blocks, gangs and trashtalks, but its not the issue here. PvP is like that in any MMO, in AL there is the 'Ignore' feature for that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Default PvP Balance Adjustments and PvP Tiers

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    o really thats the only argument against it? i guess u didnt read 95% of this thread if your making that claim. Go to page 3 and read my long post then come say thats the only argument against it.
    Law, I've read the thread. I have no axe to grind with you or twinks in general. Just stating my opinion is all. And it's still what I think.

The 5 level system was proposed by STS not me. So no Blackmail or anything else going on here either as the other poster suggested. STS has already stated they are keeping the old pairing system, so you guys should be happy. Personally I think it's a mistake, that's all.

STS changed things at endgame because it was becoming impossible to compete without spending a ton of money. They recognized this and made changes resulting in an influx of new players. I think this 5 level system was an attempt to do the same. Perhaps they have other things to present here in the future. We'll just have to wait and see.

Just one thing I hope the whole twink community remembers: you guys are often the first exposure many new players have to PVP - and their experience can make or break that new player's desire to continue with the game. Keeping the system closed to a few select players who dominate PVP at twink levels doesn't help IMO.
    Last edited by Otahaanak; 05-11-2016 at 08:24 AM.
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Law, I've read the thread. I have no axe to grind with you or twinks in general. Just stating my opinion is all. And it's still what I think.

The 5 level system was proposed by STS not me. So no Blackmail or anything else going on here either as the other poster suggested. STS has already stated they are keeping the old pairing system, so you guys should be happy. Personally I think it's a mistake, that's all.

STS changed things at endgame because it was becoming impossible to compete without spending a ton of money. They recognized this and made changes resulting in an influx of new players. I think this 5 level system was an attempt to do the same. Perhaps they have other things to present here in the future. We'll just have to wait and see.

Just one thing I hope the whole twink community remembers: you guys are often the first exposure many new players have to PVP - and their experience can make or break that new player's desire to continue with the game. Keeping the system closed to a few select players who dominate PVP at twink levels doesn't help IMO.
    No your not "just" stating your opinion. You claimed the one and only only reason people were against the system is that they want to stay op at their current level. This is downright false and shows either ignorance(im not saying your ignorant, used to mean "lack of information") with regards to what people issues were with the system or your simply ignoring what they are saying and lying about how many reasons there are. Since i didnt want to jump to the latter conclusion, i referred u read through the thread again. I take no issue with your opinion, i think its valid and others share that opinion. What i take issue with is that u said there was only 1 reason people were against the tier system when in fact there was a multitude of reasons.

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

I don't like how this is turning out. Since the devs already give an official statement, thats that then.
    I would want to keep the discussions if ever the thread don't derail and start a flamewar. Adieu!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kinzmet For This Useful Post:

9.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #108
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,170 Posts

Nothing more to discuss. Thanks for the feedback.