Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mage Flame hex staff (51) vs arcane staff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Default Mage Flame hex staff (51) vs arcane staff

Flame Forged Staff

I know we loose hp on the new 51 mythic staff vs arcane staff.. I just want to know if the AA is good vs consecrate spell in new maps. As I see many people selling off 51 mythic in CS i am just wondering if this staff is worth it for endgame users. I know arcane staff should be still the best in the new 56 levels....

Anyone is using it and which model and comments appreciated or review.
    Last edited by will0; 05-07-2016 at 01:48 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I bought the dps/dex version for 1m (same price I sold my arc staff for) ,but I still have to do some testing about the proc(run km only yesterday where we just one shot) . I think based on % it could be very good specially in new maps (more dot was a popular request by sorc,spreading like samael toxin has extremely good potential) Overall the damage increase is nice,better than 56 legendary i think (Cause higher rarity should give more real damage output i think,but not sure about this tho) . The hp loss is relevant but thats just a mid cap weapon and one rarity below 46 staff,we cant ask too much.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Ah,and last but very important: the dps attack has autotarget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

I just been playing the AOE is amazing ... but there's no indication how the AA started or been start i found another video on this staff, would appreciate if STS DEV add some effects on the AA on this staff when it is happening like the Skull Dot Icons on the mobs when it process right now i dont see any fire ... neither is it wild

Here is a 47 version of the staff not mine
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh2tgqDR0is
    Last edited by will0; 05-07-2016 at 06:59 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

After using it a while in elites i can tell that chance to proc is low and should be slightly buffed imo,while chance to spread is high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    I just been playing the AOE is amazing ... but there's no indication how the AA started or been start i found another video on this staff, would appreciate if STS DEV add some effects on the AA on this staff when it is happening like the Skull Dot Icons on the mobs when it process right now i dont see any fire ... neither is it wild

Here is a 47 version of the staff not mine
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh2tgqDR0is
    This video shows the maximum power of the proc better than that video. https://youtu.be/Q_rL6LaB9Xw Also,if u got a tank that is a pro at taunting, the staff can kill heston n preson in 30 seconds.
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 05-07-2016 at 11:51 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaziscate For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

How? O.o Can you explain please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jiinzou View Post
    How? O.o Can you explain please
    Just have the tank distract Heston and Preston and just spam attacks into em and the proc should shred through their health cuz of the insane stacking and spreading.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

honestly process is nice but arc staff seems better on stats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

bought the staff i cant see or know when the proc happened..flame forged weapon for rouge or tank we can know when it is proccing like "IGNITION" or "FORGED MARK"..so does mage one will say "WILDFIRE" ??please explain to me

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

hey, keep on discusss. its interesting for me ;D

Quote Originally Posted by dinzly View Post
    bought the staff i cant see or know when the proc happened..flame forged weapon for rouge or tank we can know when it is proccing like "IGNITION" or "FORGED MARK"..so does mage one will say "WILDFIRE" ??please explain to me

+1 would be nice WILDFIRE
    IGN: Granitoide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

really disappointing when the hex staff only hit one target when using auto att..staff should att multiple target so u can do better at crowd control..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

i tried and didnt like it back to arcane staff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

sts should buff the proc chance of it..make it more visible..rouge and tank weap proc chance are far better than mage..plsss sts make the mythic 51 staff an item that is worth buying..i dont like to say "Ahhh..new one has come!should be better than mythic 46."after 5 minutes of trying its proc i'll say "Nahhh..i see nothing..its just like im using common staff with no proc.what a waste."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

sts should buff the proc chance of it..make it more visible..rouge and tank weap proc chance are far better than mage..plsss sts make the mythic 51 staff an item that is worth buying..i dont like to say "Ahhh..new one has come!should be better than mythic 46."after 5 minutes of trying its proc i'll say "Nahhh..i see nothing..its just like im using common staff with no proc.what a waste."

+1
    Where do i sign for it? XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Pereira View Post
    +1
    Where do i sign for it? XD
    its over now..allready swapped my hex staff for arc staff..goodbye hex staff..R.I.P mythic 51

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

its over now..allready swapped my hex staff for arc staff..goodbye hex staff..R.I.P mythic 51

Hmm :/, I am sorry about that...well, i hope that they fix it, because I just bought on myth and it was expensive.
    Im new on that game so i never experienced a arc staff. Idk if the proc really worths but i do know that this staff gives you a lot of hp but lack on damage and dps stats.
    Could you tell me why you prefer the arc staff between the myth or some legendary 56, since on arc staff you lose some of your dps and damage. It would be interesting for me to understand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Hmm :/, I am sorry about that...well, i hope that they fix it, because I just bought on myth and it was expensive.
    Im new on that game so i never experienced a arc staff. Idk if the proc really worths but i do know that this staff gives you a lot of hp but lack on damage and dps stats.
    Could you tell me why you prefer the arc staff between the myth or some legendary 56, since on arc staff you lose some of your dps and damage. It would be interesting for me to understand.
    ive use the arc staff before sts fixed the so called "visual bug" where dmg/dps much higher than right now..i like its proc or whatever it is ( new spell ) the Consecration..u can control whether to cast it or not unlike any other weapon where it on depends on chance only..yeah it do gv me boost in hp higher than hexstone staff so i dont really die often..about the low dmg/dps now its not a big problem at all..put a good chaos jewel on it then its done..and why i dont choose the 56 legendary because it doesnt hv any proc..even it is cheaper than arcane or mythics but i do need something special that come from weapon (boost my dmg/crit/speed/dmg reduction etc.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

ive use the arc staff before sts fixed the so called "visual bug" where dmg/dps much higher than right now..i like its proc or whatever it is ( new spell ) the Consecration..u can control whether to cast it or not unlike any other weapon where it on depends on chance only..yeah it do gv me boost in hp higher than hexstone staff so i dont really die often..about the low dmg/dps now its not a big problem at all..put a good chaos jewel on it then its done..and why i dont choose the 56 legendary because it doesnt hv any proc..even it is cheaper than arcane or mythics but i do need something special that come from weapon (boost my dmg/crit/speed/dmg reduction etc.)

Thanks man, arc staff really seems more complete in stats upgrade.
    I will give a try on this mythic, i bought the STR type because of the hp and im thinking on 3 Excelent nature on it. And the others gear with 50% mind 50% chaos.
    Thanks for the insight. I will look after this arc staff proc to understand how it works, since the text on the staff info isn't enough clear to me (maybe I just don't get it yet)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Thanks man, arc staff really seems more complete in stats upgrade.
    I will give a try on this mythic, i bought the STR type because of the hp and im thinking on 3 Excelent nature on it. And the others gear with 50% mind 50% chaos.
    Thanks for the insight. I will look after this arc staff proc to understand how it works, since the text on the staff info isn't enough clear to me (maybe I just don't get it yet)
    go buy the arc staff and u will know it