Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: URGENTLY Needed: Level 13 Notification

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default URGENTLY Needed: Level 13 Notification

There really, really needs to be some sort of in-game notification when people have reached level 13 to let them know to continue leveling up they need to buy the first map pack. I see way too many people, here, on other forums and especially in-game who ask about why they can't level up, and it seems to be a very serious issue because those who don't figure it out will probably think something is wrong and delete the game. I've seen plenty who have given the game a bad rating on the iTunes store too because they think it's a bug or something wrong with the game.

It should definitely not pop up right as you hit level 13 since you might be in the heat of battle, but in some way people need to be told very clearly that they need the first map pack to continue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Along thoses lines, I see ppl in Towne asking how to start a quest. I know there is the New Game button in the middle but I guess some are not seeing that.
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I completely agree with this. It should stop people making bug reports about it.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. -Groucho Marx
    jetshrike-My Enchantress level 22
    RangerJet-My Archer level 14

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I saw that you have added an NPC that tells newbies that they need to buy the next pack to get past 13.

However it isn't working. I saw someone having a full on conversation with an NPC, asking why his name was blue, and how he could get a blue name.

I lol'd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Easy, just let everyone exp.. i think is a really bad idea to block the exp.. to play this game the first reason to play is exp.. lots of people dont like buy new maps (me too).. and without exp there is no more reason to play
    and dont say me , no money no game.. because they can earn money in other ways: like special equipments, items or donations.. (Over topic: i suggestion to admins to add some enchants.. echant armor, enchant weapons etc etc and sell for money or harder drop rate from boss)
    Nickname: EnigmaIT
    Level: 13
    Kills: 1000+
    Deaths: 0
    Class: Archer
    Server: Alterra

Nickname: Critical
    Level: 13
    Kills: 200+
    Deaths: 0
    Class: Enchantress
    Server: Alterra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dizko View Post
    I saw that you have added an NPC that tells newbies that they need to buy the next pack to get past 13.

However it isn't working. I saw someone having a full on conversation with an NPC, asking why his name was blue, and how he could get a blue name.

I lol'd.
    I have to admit when I first started playing I didn't realize that they were NPCs (nor had I figured out that you could tap on them for information), so I do definitely think there needs to be something much more obvious to alert people that they've leveled as far as they can for free.

There's certainly always going to be people who won't get it no matter what, like people in towne asking how to start a game when there's a New Game button right in front of their nose.. But a level 13 notification is sorely needed I think to not drive away people from the game if they don't realize that it isn't a bug.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3n1Gm4 View Post
    Easy, just let everyone exp.. i think is a really bad idea to block the exp.. to play this game the first reason to play is exp.. lots of people dont like buy new maps (me too).. and without exp there is no more reason to play
    and dont say me , no money no game.. because they can earn money in other ways: like special equipments, items or donations.. (Over topic: i suggestion to admins to add some enchants.. echant armor, enchant weapons etc etc and sell for money or harder drop rate from boss)
    I think if you can afford an iPhone or an iPod touch you can afford to play this game too. I mean, going to a movie costs anything from $8-20, and that's for two hours of entertainment and nothing else.

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by _ck View Post
    There really, really needs to be some sort of in-game notification when people have reached level 13 to let them know to continue leveling up they need to buy the first map pack. I see way too many people, here, on other forums and especially in-game who ask about why they can't level up, and it seems to be a very serious issue because those who don't figure it out will probably think something is wrong and delete the game. I've seen plenty who have given the game a bad rating on the iTunes store too because they think it's a bug or something wrong with the game.
    We COMPLETELY agree and are implementing some things to help guide players through this with the next client push.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you Admins for reading these suggestions and taking them seriously.