Thread: Unusual Request - Looking To "Borrow" Hate Helm, Chest, & Shield

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Unusual Request - Looking To "Borrow" Hate Helm, Chest, & Shield

Hello!

I'm sure that this title caught the the attention of several of you -- this is, after all, a fairly strange request. That said, I believe that I've found a fairly unique mix-match of gear that I think will be perfect for my play style. That said, I'm sure that I have some friends with full Hate that would assist me with this effort (thus negating the need for this post); however, I am not sure who and I don't particularly want to send 200 PMs to find out.

At any rate, here is what I'm proposing (so to discount anyone which may perceive this request as a scam): You trade me the three pieces that I will temporarily need (helm, chest, and shield), and I will give you their worth in gold as a deposit. Once I get done using them as a booster, I will trade back the three pieces for my gold deposit. If anyone sees any loopholes in this logic, please don't hesitate to let me know (after all, I may be setting myself up for a scam -- hopefully not! ).

Assuming that everything goes as planned, I'll divulge the details of my new build once I have had a chance to test it thoroughly (I'm excited just thinking about it). It would be naive of me to think that no one else has come up with this combination before, but I may be wrong -- I've never seen anyone else use it (perhaps because it will prove to be a bust).

I am doing some home repairs this week (my father-in-law is in town to assist), so I may be slow in responding. BTW, in case you were wondering, I have no long-term needs for Hate (hence why I don't just purchase a set out-right). Thanks, in advance, for your help!

Kind Regards,
    -E

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

If all your doing is using it as a booster then there may be plenty of other options that are cheaper.... What base str are you boosting from?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Using 138 base (hard requirement for what I'm wanting to do). I'll be using one piece of Conq. Crystalline to get me to the point where I can use my traditional +8 boosters (which, in turn, will let me equip the Hate). The 3x +12 Hate pieces will put me at 174. You can probably guess what I'm after here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeris View Post
    Using 138 base (hard requirement for what I'm wanting to do). I'll be using one piece of Conq. Crystalline to get me to the point where I can use my traditional +8 boosters (which, in turn, will let me equip the Hate). The 3x +12 Hate pieces will put me at 174. You can probably guess what I'm after here.
    Ok I see :-) considering your a mage (avatar pic?) I would assume yuor trying to equip fury? Or some v seser iation of that mixed with royal for dodge? Either way if you have ghe plat u could always just go about yhis the easy was and respec to str, the equip, followed with a second tspec to 125 str and the rest on what ever stat is your preference
    Sorry I cant help more, your being kind of ambiguous which I understand because people dont like sharing there builds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Yep, you pretty much got it right. That said, you do bring up an interesting point on the 125 strength option (hadn't considered this). If I had full Fury equipped and then did a respec to 125 strength, removed one piece of Fury (weapon), and then put on my new weapon of a different attribute, would it still let me keep the three pieces of Fury on (I would be 12 strength short, no?). I figured that 125 was the magical number for equipping four 55 pinks, but it sounds like this may work with three pieces as well?

Edit: Re-reading this, I realize that I wasn't clear on the fact that the weapon being equipped will not be of the strength variety. That said, I am betting that 125 strength will not work for me.
    Last edited by Ephemeris; 07-29-2011 at 02:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Then 137 would be your minimum if only using 3 fury and a wand or talon, Yes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can wrong, but see this

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ual-Spec-Guide.

I think that all of y want

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iiravenii View Post
    I can wrong, but see this

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ual-Spec-Guide.

I think that all of y want
    I'm getting the impression he's not going dual spec but going hybred and useing lvl 55 fury with lvl 50-51 wand or talon.... he said he hasn't seen it so my money is on the wand because talon is fairly common practice with str gear....lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you are intending to equip 3 pieces of fury and one mega mage gemstone wand....Don't try it. Well, go ahead and try it if you want. Damage is terrible.
    Kobebean-Lvl 55, Evanturner-Lvl 50, YunaofSpira-Lvl 35, TidusofSpira-Lvl 35, AndreIguodala-Lvl 35, Deronwilliams-Lvl 35, RickyRubio-Lvl 32
    Blackstar: LebronJames, DwayneWade, ChrisBosh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Roger that - thanks, TANKKAAR. And yep, to your point, 137 is the minimum for this type of build (I probably should have used that when I did my respec, but I evidently messed up on the first grade math :-P).

Thanks, iiravenii. I used Elly's fantastic guide when I was first learning about dual-speccing -- it's extremely helpful, no doubt!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

@ kobebean - thanks for the heads-up. That isn't quite what I'm going for, but definitely something similar... That said, I'd argue that this build would still be an improvement on the traditional Pally (by way of utilizing a ranged weapon and slightly higher intelligence). There will always be a trade-off with builds like this. At the end of the day, this is all for fun/experiment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Last edited by iiravenii; 07-29-2011 at 03:34 PM.