Thread: PL's financial health after the new content

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Default PL's financial health after the new content

We've had the new L77 content for a month now, so I was wondering what kind of money it has raised in plat spending. There's been a plat sale followed by double XP weekend, both events that should tend to increase plat buying and spending over and above the interest from new content. It would be really great if someone from STS could comment on how this has impacted PL.

Now of course I don't expect a dev is going to come out and say how much money PL has made since the new content was released; I'm just looking for a qualitative judgment. For example, a while back the dev staff talked about how the new classes were released at the end of 2012. They had hoped it would spark renewed interest in PL so they could fund continued development. Unfortunately, it didn't result in the uptick of interest and plat spending they were hoping for, so they made the decision to shelve new development. In other words, they were disappointed in how their work was received.

I'd like to hear something along those lines for the L77 content. Is it going about how you expected? Maybe it's worse than you thought? Maybe it's surprisingly better? Maybe it's even going well enough that you're considering more frequent updates to build some momentum? I bet I'm not alone in wanting to hear some dev-side impressions of how the new update is going from your perspective.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fusionstrike For This Useful Post: