Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Hotfix | 5/17/16

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Default Hotfix | 5/17/16

- Removed the ability for some to exploit Goblin Altar Portal
    - Removed offenders from leaderboards, and removed rewards gained through exploit

* It is possible that we did not pick up all offenders today, we will get the rest of them tomorrow.
    Last edited by Justg; 05-17-2016 at 04:47 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

how long it would take the system down ? 1hour ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hey, I'm a little confused why I got a 5 day ban, it's possible that like the last time you guys sent out a mass ban. You banned people who didn't deserve to be. I purchased 1700 plat. Turned 1k of that plat into a good amount of altars. I only did maybe about 20 runs on hunting ports and running through it. The rest of the altars I sold. I used the rest of the plat on plat kits and did normal runs. If you could look into it this would be great. I did not exploit bonus at all. I only have 11k points I'm not on the leaderboard at all or going for it. Please let me know ASAP. I took off work for the next couple of days for the event. Id like to continue the hunt so I can get another nightshade egg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

are you guys 100% sure the players who removed did use the exploit?
    and are they all banned forever?
    some people say there friends used bug and got banned for 5 days
    thanks for your hard work!
    I don't think now any players will use any bug later hahaha

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Saud For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin Takeda View Post
    Why you banned ask? This is not our faults we just use only our brains

You could only remove about splitting parties..

This is not our fault this is your system problem not for players
    thats ryt not r fault. we only use r brains. and no need to ban coz the rewards of the lb r ban! . if the reward is arc eggs or something rlly expensive to sell yes you can ban us but this mhmm. we only ise r brains by splitting party in to 2. so how about the player who dont k ow the bug. then they got always pt in there friend that use bug? so unfair ryt? you dont know the bug but you get banned...

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

We did not lightly ban players who tested this out or experimented with it. We banned folks that repeatedly exploited this a large number of times to gain an advantage over everyone else who was playing fairly. This is not something that someone "accidentally" did, and it was not done in mass. Less than 100 people were affected.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    We did not lightly ban players who tested this out or experimented with it. We banned folks that repeatedly exploited this a large number of times to gain an advantage over everyone else who was playing fairly. This is not something that someone "accidentally" did, and it was not done in mass. Less than 100 people were affected.
    But what if people who were paying others to find altars for them got banned because someone else cheated at least once to get free gold from the Lb runner? And how did you check the option who how many times walked into portal?
    My few friends fully legit got more than 30k points in that event and the invitation they were getting for free portals was only from people who were looking for altars especially for them.
    It doesn't sounds fair at all, I can also say that there are exploit runners who did run this way much more than the people who got ban for 5 days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

you banned innocents aswell! from lb. but they didnt intentionally exploit! maybe they wer invited by a friend into the bug portal. how are they supposed to know! and honestly i dont think removing lb players who didnt exploit bug repeatedly is a good move . Lotta time and hard work goes into Lb running. and if someone doesnt know that a map they ran was bugged idek how it makes sense to remove them!

-Mim

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Did you guys look into each person you banned? I've killed Gor-blin 23ish times I believe. I know for a fact I was "exploiting this a large number of times to gain advantage over everyone" like I said I had 11k points total as of this morning. No where near top 25 which was like 27k as of today. Was I banned because I ran elite yadra forest solo and when I found a portal I party invited jennierz to the party? Jennierz is the one I ran with neither one of us were going for leaderboard? I purchased 1700 platinum and crafted relics to farm coins for nightshade and hunt down that cool cauldron backpack. Please message me in my inbox justG I'd appreciate it. I don't believe I should be banned like those who had 40k+ points exploiting to get leaderboard advantage over others. I'm really not trying to come off sounding rude. I'm just a little upset I've put a lot of time and money into sts games from pocket legends to Arcane legends. Haha I remember the day Arcane legends came out it was like Freshman year around 2pm I was on the bus and I downloaded it right away. Played it for hours till I got to lv16 haha. It's a great game I love what it's turning out to be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I played cleanly removed not me
    but I have a question
    cheaters will take off your item and gold
    for example the planar ring pendant
    lvl 46 daggers etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Rename your game to Arcane Depression! (vote for mimmay) cuz this game depresses me alot even thou i love it.

-Mim

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

If you got in a portal for FREE that is a BUG! Everyone will point fingers and they might of ban some people by mistake last time but this time like the Dev said they saw chats or some sort of number chart that showed yall did more than one. "I didnt know i was invited to a FREE PORTAL" doesnt cut it this time if you know its too good to be true odds are IT IS!

Im happy sts is no longer taking things like this lightly. And a five day bad might be too much for those that did a few , maybe 1-2 days ban but still its against the terms of the game.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hulkystash For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

You the mvp lol. I agree is not fair to ban people for running bonus map in ghost party, since this has been a previous problem that has been used before, over and over again. If they knew about this im sure they could have fix it. Reconnect glitch yes thats bs but for portal runs we runned from half hour to to hour to find a portal. How is this fair

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

Please email us at support@spacetimestudios.com with any questions or concerns regarding bans, thanks!
    | | | |