Thread: Sewer Vs Raid Roach for bandits

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Question Sewer Vs Raid Roach for bandits

Hello folks,

I have my bandit char (dexbear) who is going to be 55 in some time, I already bought a raid roach cap, but was wondering about the other "so called" set (I know it doesn't give set bonus, but you get what I mean)
    I need the opinion of other bandits out there. What have you bought for your bear? Raid Roach or Sewer one?
    I know that all depends on playstyle, but give me your reasons why you think your bandit is more effective with one set or the other.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I have RR for my dex bird and it's great. I was doing some runs with tuffguy last night and noticed he used sewer for mobs and switched to RR for bosses. He had almost 200,000 kills so I'm assuming he knows what he's doing. Haha. I think sewer king has the advantage in H/S but doesn't have the crit that RR does. Also, you can expect to pay 700k just for the RR leathers and that's a lot considering the new map is supposably coming out sometime soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i dont have the money so i dont know first hand, but custom is said to be the best dex gear

Asaciuacor | Noobieftw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Hey naz!

Although it's been awhile since I've used a dex setup for my bear, I don't think much has changed gear-wise.

I also gathered up the entire SK set before, in hopes of having some sort of set bonus to use it for, but no. So, I concluded that SK pieces for bears are only best as individual pieces and not as a set. In reality, I only use the SK bow for good M/S and the least difference in damage or other stats from the other bows.

Therefore I think the RR set would suit you best Of course, Custom is still the best dex set in the game, and IMO, suits bears the best among all three characters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Raid or Custom for best damage/crit if you don't mind using pots and have a decent chunk of cash.

The Sewer "set" will cut down on your pot consumption, but deals a little less damage and is even more expensive than Raid, or close to it.

I used a Raid Cap and Leathers with a Sewer Scarab for a while, the Scarab helped out the Raid's lousy m/s. Or Bagman's Cap and Leathers if you are on a budget, with a Scarab.

Physiologic has rolled with Bagman's for a long time, and no one would accuse him of sucking
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I agree with Ellyidol; major drawback of Custom Set is low M/s, but bears have minimal mana consumption among the three classes, so I'm going around with Custom Recurve set 99% of time; only some health pot required if no average elf is in sight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

I think raid does most dmg
    Custom give some health regen(+looks awesome)
    Sewer King has good regen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I use the Dex Crown+Bagman Recurve+Underling Leather now for my dual spec bear.

Though, I would admit that Custom Recurve set is the best.
    But if you're low on cash, just get Bagman Recurve+Underling Leather+RR helm.

Since you say you're a dex bear, I'm assuming you are in Dex gear all the time? Then Custom Set will be the best, since it offers great h/s.

If you're dual spec where you have tanking gear(STR equips) and boss gear(DEX equips),
    then bagman stuff is comparable to RR set.
    I actually don't like kimchi.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My bear hit lv55 last night . i use my bird's Custom set as Dex gear , now i have lot of fun to play a duel bear you know , we have 4 buffs , more then all other class in game , we got dmg buff (rage not only buff 30% also give us + 60 dmg for 20 sec ) bird don't have it , that is what make us more powerful in Customized then bird , my duel bear (139str / 140 dex) in cust set : 130% hit ; 50% crit ; 9%dodge ; 670 Hp (27regen) ; 400 mp (6 regen );Dmg 204 - 249 ; DPS 267 ;armor 87 ...... without any buff ,after selfbuff i got 80%crit ; DMG 264 -309 ; DPS 337 .... 37% dodge with Taunt & Evade on , how nice is that !!!!

for my bird cust set is great but without DMG+ buff also low on mana Reg ( 6 M/s is good for bear but not for bird) ,still kid of not perfect ..... but it's perfect when i use it on my bear , with bear's high Hp base , huge dodge ;armor , dmg and Crit buffs , also great crows contrl skill , you got great DMG and good survivability at once , what can i ask more ....... (only down side is make me don't want play my bird much any more )
    Last edited by Herozheng; 08-02-2011 at 01:01 PM.
    Mofajingling (lvl56 Cat) <lvl10 Engineer>; Deadorlive (lvl55 Bird) <lvl5 Operative>; Herozheng (lvl55 Bear)<lvl 1 Commando>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Raid is the best man, nothing can beat it IMO. Btw u don't need mana regen for bears, raid gives 4 which is huge for a bear. Plus it has more damage than custom, and there is no difference between 43 and 48 crit, while damage difference is great, and health regen is useless, unless it's 40+.
    Last edited by Blind; 08-05-2011 at 09:43 PM.