Thread: A Guide to Guild Recruiting.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Default A Guide to Guild Recruiting.

So..this is to help guild masters and officer on the art of guild recruiting (Yes guild recruiting IS an art). Anyways here goes!

-How to recruit members effectively-
    Instead of sending guild invites to everyone in towne look for someone in towne that looks like a dedicated player that isnt in a guild (Recruiting members from other guild is considered highly rude) and send them a PM about your guild and what events you do ect. then ask them politely if they would like to join. Dont pressure them to make a decision quickly! Add them to your friends list and tell them to get back to you when they make a decision. Most importantly out of all of these is to be a true friend and get to know them well before you recruit them...make sure you dont recruit random people make sure you know their personality! If you are recruiting it is also important to know your guild so you can recruit members that will mesh with the guilds personality!(TIP:Communicate with you fellow guild members via Forums, PM, Guild forums, IGN, and ect communicating with your members is an important step to gaining their trust and loyalty!

-How to keep members in your guild-
    To keep players in your guild make sure your guild is active and helpful if they dont have someone to help them or if no one is on they will get quickly bored with the guild. Hold guild events often that all members cab participate in dont leave anyone out! Be friendly. Be talkitive! Make them feel like they are welcomed and loved!

-Dont let hard work go unnoticed-
    If a member is working hard and doing alot for the guild make sure to reward them with something it could be anything from just saying thanks to promoting or giving them credits!

-Hold guild meetings often-
    This is important because it gives the members a chance to speak up and give feedback about the guild. Make sure to let the members feel like they can say their true opinion about the guild and hold votes if you are gunna implement something new in the guild cuz it gives the members a choice of what they want.

-Help out fellow guild members!-
    If someone asks for help on the guild chat help them out! It lets them know that the guild has their back and is ready to help them on a moments notice! Help other people as well ive had many people that i have helped lvl send me a pm and ask if they could join my guild...if you show courtesy to other people besides your own guild members it shows that your helpful to not only your own guild members but others as well!

-Keep your members busy-
    It is important to keep your members busy it makes them feel a part of the guild. Also, give your members jobs to do so they can feel useful...If your members feel like they have been overlooked and have nothing to do for their guild they might leave cuz they feel like they are just another number on the member count.

-Be respectful of other guilds.-
    I have seen to many fights between guilds arguing about which guild is better ect...ill tell it straight...there is no perfect guild some guilds are better than others yes but there is absolutely no reason to argue/flame on other guilds! If your in a guild and you flame another guild your reputation is gunna go down and your going to endanger your own guilds reputation as well!

-Which guild is for me?-
    Ask around check out the guilds forum if they have one...Talk with different guild leaders and members see how their guild runs and what kind of guild it is.

Please excuse the typos i did this on my phone...Anyways please let me know what you think and if i missed anything! Thanks
    Last edited by Cascade; 08-02-2011 at 09:35 AM.