Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: My opinion on the Golden Cannon

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default My opinion on the Golden Cannon

Golden cannon...good idea when I saw the advertisement, *sees price* logs back off...

You need players to fund your current occupation, 505 plat for 500k and 10k for 5 others is not the way to do this, what goes through your heads?

You've definitely realised people want constant updates (after 3 years of feedback) which I'm pleased with.

But an extra 5 plat to give 5 others 10k each...

1) These needs to be cheaper and therefore a limited time thing with maybe an untradeable vanity or unique item to encourage people, as you can make triple this with the current amount of platinum.

2) People are selfish, this is giving to others so no one will buy anyway without personal gain proven by experimental economists.

Seriously, use your initiative and make things people will actually purchase, it's in your own interests.

P.S when you read this Gary, take this into consideration...feel free to private message me with any ideas, I'd be happy to suggest improvements to allow you the best possible outcome.

However, everything comes with a price.
    Last edited by To be or not to be...; 05-19-2016 at 04:42 PM.

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

We already sell 500K gold for 500 plat. This is just a fun thing to do if you are buying gold anyway. A more magnanimous way to go about it, if you will.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

S> GOLD CANNON 2.5M....

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Assuming you experience no real loss in the event of this cannon idea not working out, I personally feel this thread is a bit aggressive. I read about it in G's post, laughed a bit, and just carried on with my day.

Be cool man, a bad idea is still better than no ideas at all.
    Last edited by Eternyl; 05-19-2016 at 04:42 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eternyl View Post
    Assuming you experience no real loss in the event of this cannon idea not working out, I personally feel this thread is a bit aggressive. I read about it in G's post, laughed a bit, and just carried on with my day.

Be cool man, a bad idea is still better than no ideas at all.
    Not strictly true, there are many ideas In the past which have Lead to negative externalities.

Such as when the uk government decreased there spending to help the budget deficit improve, this caused banks in the uk to stop lending as much, which caused investment to decrease which resulted in mass unemployment and in result a recession in 2008/9, with the U.K. In the period of stagnation as they then had to increase spending more then before due to benefits for the unemployed preventing any recovery let alone economic growth.

But any idea is better then non, huh?

There are many other examples and factors at lead to this result but without causing any arguments I chose to stick to a simple example.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I cant believe all the people who run into rolex stores and yell at the clerks about their overly expensive product! So rude. Me, I am a normal consumer. If the price is not where I want it, I do not buy.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 05-19-2016 at 05:30 PM.

Star light, star bright...

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    I cant believe all the people who run into rolex stores and yell at the clerks about their overly exoensive product! So rude. Me, I am a normal consumer. If the price is not where I want it, I do not buy.
    That's because there are cheaper substitutes, however if you do purchase a Rolex you know you've got good quality which is worth paying for, as well as the feeling of pride.

But the golden cannon and 500 plat for 500k gold is outdated, people make 1-2m from 500 platinum...if they think about it and not just open crates.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to To be or not to be... For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

500 platinum is no joke to get 500k gold for the buyer ... it is real money involvement to get in game gold..

from 500 platinum purchasing cannon should drop more valuable item for the buyer even include exquisite gem or something.. or a super rare item be in vanity or pet..

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    500 platinum is no joke to get 500k gold for the buyer ... it is real money involvement to get in game gold..

from 500 platinum purchasing cannon should drop more valuable item for the buyer even include exquisite gem or something.. or a super rare item be in vanity or pet..
    As I stated, glad someone sees the logic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

What makes me o.0 is that enough people convert 500 plat to 500k gold to justify creating the gold cannon. You can triple or even quadruple 500k gold if you buy plat items and sell them in the store.

But that's just not for some people, I guess. By all means, dear wealthy Arlorian, buy gold cannons for 500 plat and share the wealth.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Selling Super / excellent or noble gems is more profitable than gold cannons from the jewel chest in platinum store and is more worth it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Why the cannon cost too much??? If u buy an 10 lucks worth for 40 plats u make 100k if u sell it 10k each so 200 plats make 50 lucks and if u sell it 10k each u will earn a 500k gold in a 200 plat.Why ppl will buy that cannon when they can make higher profit in lucks?????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Dunno about you, but this'll start the whole medium cake episode again.
    That, and inflation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by To be or not to be... View Post
    Golden cannon...good idea when I saw the advertisement, *sees price* logs back off...

You need players to fund your current occupation, 505 plat for 500k and 10k for 5 others is not the way to do this, what goes through your heads?

You've definitely realised people want constant updates (after 3 years of feedback) which I'm pleased with.

But an extra 5 plat to give 5 others 10k each...

1) These needs to be cheaper and therefore a limited time thing with maybe an untradeable vanity or unique item to encourage people, as you can make triple this with the current amount of platinum.

2) People are selfish, this is giving to others so no one will buy anyway without personal gain proven by experimental economists.

Seriously, use your initiative and make things people will actually purchase, it's in your own interests.

P.S when you read this Gary, take this into consideration...feel free to private message me with any ideas, I'd be happy to suggest improvements to allow you the best possible outcome.

However, everything comes with a price.
    I dont understand it oO, if the peoples spend 250 platinums buying ankhs kit hes get 600-700 k, if 500 Platinun = 1.200m-1.400m selling the ankhs kit, so ?

Enviado de meu Moto X usando Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

To all the economist out here, understand that some people really buys and convert plat to gold as is 500 = 500k; so jumpy about 500 cannon dont like it dont buy it
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to epicrrr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    524 Posts

Hi. Nobody buys gold with plat. Like it has already been pointed out, there are easier ways of turning plat into gold. The cannon will fizzle but that's just my opinion. Plat is so expensive..erm..any chance of seeing a plat sale on the horizon?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    Hi. Nobody buys gold with plat. Like it has already been pointed out, there are easier ways of turning plat into gold. The cannon will fizzle but that's just my opinion. Plat is so expensive..erm..any chance of seeing a plat sale on the horizon?
    Yes there are people who buy gold with plat. The case is usually for newbies who started out and think the deal is good..... or... they may just live in dubai and see a few hundred bucks laying on thier manshion and decides to drop it on arcane legends, and as they are rich, they'll just buy the gold as they are lazy.

On a more serious note,
    just deal with it, it's just sts way to make sure they make money and make sure to game continues! Other bigger companies like valve, steam, for example csgo or tf2, u can buy keys from external seller for $2 but if u buy from the auctual one, its like $3.50. However there are still many people who just directly buy from the auctual store. It's just buisness.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

I'm not sure why people are complaining about the cannon. LOL

All STS did was add an additional payout for an ALREADY EXISTING purchase option. If you believe this is a money grab by STS, then remember, it's been this way for over three years.

IGN: Cryformana, Drizzitty
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I could buy 20 Ankh kits with 500 plats and earn 1.34 million gold (67k Auc price) and give 100k to friends.

It's just, maybe the gold is too low and we dont get titles or vanities from it.

#CannonBackpackFTW

Sent from my Lenovo S580 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No One's Forcing You To Buy It So Just Don't Buy It If You Don't Want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk