Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Weekend Sneak Peek | 5/20/16 | Housing System

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundyrz View Post
    Will there be any tangible, in game benefits to our characters, like boosts for 'sleeping' or 'eating?'
    Interesting idea, what do you folks think would be cool (while maintaining game balance)?

Sleeping suggestions

• Luck o' the morning: 0.5% luck boost per hour of "sleep" to a maximum of 5% luck for 30 minutes upon next login
    • Healthy Habit: 2 health/mana potions per hour of sleep to a maximum of 20 awarded upon next login
    • You Have That Certain Glow... : Upon waking up characters receive a random aura effect for 60 minutes
    • Reading Ritual: Receive 3 story tokens upon waking (because your character read a book before turning out the lights)

Eating Suggestions
    • Satisfying Meal: Maximum 3 meals per day. Each grants a random 5% mini-elixir that lasts for 15 min. Elixirs can be stat, armor, xp, dmage, speed
    • Someone call AFLEA (Arlorian Food Likability Enforcement Agency): Occasionally you find something in your food that shouldn't be there, a chipped dragkin tooth, a tarnished hauntlet coin, a soiled crate key, etc.

Housing Suggestions
    • Home is where the FX are: Obtaining a particular item could grant a particle effect whichever vanity the character is wearing.
    • Party Favors: Hosts of a "party" can purchase a package (gold or plat) that grants players some kind of benefit.
    Last edited by Niixed; 05-21-2016 at 01:29 PM.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

I do think housing needs to have a tangible benefit to characters and not just be entirely vanity. Unless there is something real to gain, many players won't bother trying to get a house and the market for housing items will remain weak. Housing needs to be tied to the rest of the game in some way.

What happens when the novelty of having an in game house wears off? Sure, it'll be really cool and, at first, some players will go gangbusters. But, all vanity eventually feels dated.

In real life, we don't have homes just because they would be fun to have and they look nice. They have a function and add something to our daily lives. It doesn't flow with human psychology to have a vanity home unless you're immensely wealthy and have nothing better to do with your wealth or time.

I think it is wise to be concerned about exploits, which is one reason I think the benefits should be small and/or incremental. But, there should be benefits!
    Last edited by Niixed; 05-21-2016 at 01:21 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DLQ View Post
    Marriage and have a baby?

Ikr this idea is good, new pet system, housing, animation effect from skill and pet AA, but pls think about this game mostly playable via mobile phone. Theres much player who dont have smart phone with high spec and huge ram, more fiture means need more space on memory. Memory full means lag, freeze and make ppl not enjoy playin this game anymore.

Thanks
    No marriage and babies, please. We're playing to KILL, not procreate.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ticklish For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

I dont care if houses will give any benefit XD , I'm just happy I will have a place where I can sit alone without getting "please give me gold sir" pm's XD . And where I can go afk and be sure I won't find 500 rares in my inventory upon dimming back XD ( dangers of going afk in the gh XDXD )

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklish View Post
    Thats the point, as a killer we dont need house. We need battlefield, better weapon, pet, more challenging map, etc. We dont need house when the goblins still walking outside, u want that monster kill us while we sleep?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gouiwaa9000 View Post
    I dont care if houses will give any benefit XD , I'm just happy I will have a place where I can sit alone without getting "please give me gold sir" pm's XD . And where I can go afk and be sure I won't find 500 rares in my inventory upon dimming back XD ( dangers of going afk in the gh XDXD )
    Wait... isn't THAT a benefit?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thundyrz View Post
    I do think housing needs to have a tangible benefit to characters and not just be entirely vanity. Unless there is something real to gain, many players won't bother trying to get a house and the market for housing items will remain weak. Housing needs to be tied to the rest of the game in some way.

What happens when the novelty of having an in game house wears off? Sure, it'll be really cool and, at first, some players will go gangbusters. But, all vanity eventually feels dated.

In real life, we don't have homes just because they would be fun to have and they look nice. They have a function and add something to our daily lives. It doesn't flow with human psychology to have a vanity home unless you're immensely wealthy and have nothing better to do with your wealth or time.

I think it is wise to be concerned about exploits, which is one reason I think the benefits should be small and/or incremental. But, there should be benefits!
    Arcane legends is not real life, and yes AL is a very social game. . If the devs do implement tangible benefits for the extra house skills lol, then they should add these tangible benefits to guild hall. (Balance) The extra skills of sitting/sleeping/eating/reading/dancing is enough benefits if houses become more "valuable" than a guild hall, why have a guild hall?
    And as far as some of the more recreational things suggested, I agree with Ticklish

Avy
    12-2012

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Adding an NPC "dummy" that could be used to test skills, weap damage, etc, would be welcome imo

IGN: Cryformana, Drizzitty
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Otahaanak For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otahaanak View Post
    Adding an NPC "dummy" that could be used to test skills, weap damage, etc, would be welcome imo

IGN: Cryformana, Drizzitty
    Agreed!! We should also be able to set him as much armor as we want , going from 0 to 5k. I'm sick of asking friends to duel me in order to test skills/procs.

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gouiwaa9000 For This Useful Post:

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Why do I feel its becoming Sims?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Pls let us choose where to build our house and what it is made of. I want to have a log cabin at nordr and a beach cottage at aegir islands xD and let us put furnitures like windows doors etc and upgrade the houses with more rooms, floors, etc. And let us have backyards too (or pools if built on kraken isles) so i can release my pets and watch them play, and let ripmaw n hj breath water for the first time.

But if u want to make things better, i suggest u make a new game xD mmorpg and simulations just wont match. I suggest someone on sts play avakin life and make a new game based on it with sts simple, intuitive and pickup-and-play style. Thx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Then why do you need a house in the first place?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bonjovi3223 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bonjovi3223 View Post
    Then why do you need a house in the first place?
    New PvP map like CTF , new vanity or weapons or hmmm new maps would be more welcome IMO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What about the guilds? Will they be able to pump out using in game currencies are still plat?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

sims LOL

cute is just my cover

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Idk where the game is going, but im sure the game will become dating site. If you want place you can call you own why not buy a gh for you only? This game will become mmodrpg. You want to be alone go tour the gh xd none can enter there even your friends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

the roleplayers are coming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

The new rogue animations look awesome! Since this is mostly a social feature, could you consider adding some new emotes too?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Traosabara For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Arcane legends is not real life, and yes AL is a very social game. . If the devs do implement tangible benefits for the extra house skills lol, then they should add these tangible benefits to guild hall. (Balance) The extra skills of sitting/sleeping/eating/reading/dancing is enough benefits if houses become more "valuable" than a guild hall, why have a guild hall?
    And as far as some of the more recreational things suggested, I agree with Ticklish
    I agree that there should be more guild-wide benefits obtainable via the guild hall and through being a member of a guild. Guilds could be so much more awesome and waay helpful, but right now their functionality is just stale.

I just want to reiterate that I believe that housing should be integrated with the rest of the game somehow and not just be a peripheral module. I think the housing system is a very smart move on STS' part and I would love to see it executed well. Having a house should enhance characters in some way and not just be a social function. The reason? So it appeals to more types of players and not just the socially-minded players. It's great that we can gain housing items in maps and buy them with plat, but give us a good reason to have a house in the first place.

• Is having a house going to help me with PvP?
    • Is it going to help me complete my elite achievements?
    • Will it help me craft items?
    • Can I have more inventory?
    • Will it help me earn more gold?
    • Can I have a mailbox so I can message other players offline?
    • What is the point of having a house?

That's what I'm trying to get at. I don't want to complicate development, I just don't want housing to have an existential crisis in a few months.
    Last edited by Niixed; 05-22-2016 at 02:03 PM.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

cos we gonna have housing system soon I hope for male and female version also for all clases

as specially for the blue one hihi

Sent from my K012 using Tapatalk
    Xurux ~ Ommron ~ Cryom