Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles Beta on Android Market

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

had to change some filters in my market search for it to come up. found it, downloaded it, chose my 3 different characters (got all the names i wanted!) and played for about 3 seconds before my phone died. left my charger at work and i'm on a week vacation, but i can rest easy and go full force when the time permits.
    thanks spacetime for my new addiction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I disagree -- it would have been easy enough to refund platinum purchases made during the beta and to just reward beta testers with exclusive vanity items (in addition to having the privilege of playing the game and being ready with pre-tested strategies on official launch).

As for the comments upthread about how this is some sort of karma for iOS users because they got PL first, that was a completely different situation. PL was written for iOS and was only ported to Android after it became a success on the iOS platform. SL was developed for both platforms at the get-go, so aside from what have been a limited beta, it should have launched on both platforms simultaneously.

Obviously, the fact that Apple approval hasn't happened yet is because Apple has determined that the version(s) of SL that they have tested violate one or more of Apple's APIs or policies, causing some changes to need to be made and resubmitted. STS can't publicly go into the details to any significant degree because the first rule of the app store approval process is that you don't talk about the app store approval process. (And yes, the second rule of the app store approval process is that you don't talk about the app store approval process.)
    Or not refund and give a vanity item based on how much plat you spent, in tiers. It isn't fair to give the same item to people who spent 1 plat and 1k plat. I had about 50 plat when they changed their policy for the shield from full main line to 30 or more plat. I do think people who spent a lot more could have gotten something else. But hey I'd take it if I got all my plat back and got to keep my characters at level 1 with the names I want. That sounds fair to me. I agree on the rest, but wonder what SL could have violated in Apple. It's not like STS are out to steal our money and credit card info. They're a good company that don't force the premium store down our throats like some other companies. I've played "free" games where to really play and enjoy you have to pay or the game is just not fun. That's the reason I charged plat, because I decided this company deserves it. Money hungry they are not, so they do deserve it at least once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcerted View Post
    How big is the game?
    Android version client is like 23 megs currently. IOS one could be larger or smaller, what with apparently Apple actually finding something wrong with it.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Or not refund and give a vanity item based on how much plat you spent, in tiers. It isn't fair to give the same item to people who spent 1 plat and 1k plat. I had about 50 plat when they changed their policy for the shield from full main line to 30 or more plat. I do think people who spent a lot more could have gotten something else. But hey I'd take it if I got all my plat back and got to keep my characters at level 1 with the names I want. That sounds fair to me. I agree on the rest, but wonder what SL could have violated in Apple. It's not like STS are out to steal our money and credit card info. They're a good company that don't force the premium store down our throats like some other companies. I've played "free" games where to really play and enjoy you have to pay or the game is just not fun. That's the reason I charged plat, because I decided this company deserves it. Money hungry they are not, so they do deserve it at least once.Android version client is like 23 megs currently. IOS one could be larger or smaller, what with apparently Apple actually finding something wrong with it.
    Most violations come from the way in-app purchases work. Apple doesn't want any other way for players to buy things, but through Apple's passway. That's the only thing I would think that could have slowed down the game, but as quoted before:

It's all under the hood
    TVIS - 56 Warrior | Pocket Legends Founder
    TVIS - 35 Commando
    TVIS - 31 Male Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Figured that. Money hungry Apple

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So Sam is there any chance of seeing SL this weekend? Or is it a pipe dream?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kavanah:368199
    Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    So android users get first dibs on names, huh? What a bummer.
    I'm pretty sure they are going to do a wipe upon release.
    I sure hope not. I spent over 100 plat on decent gear for my toons.
    Last edited by Razghoul; 08-05-2011 at 11:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey so apple is taking their time fixing the kinks an preparing for the release so they are makin it compatible for iPhone an I'm not so impatient but the excitement for this game is huge you should be reimbursed for all the platinum you bought if they wipe it's only fair if they did wipe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If apple approved pocket legends why won't they approve star legends right that's what sucks about waiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's like a government situation, they tell you one thing to hold you over as everything behind the scenes permits. Just go with it, hopefully apple HAS accepted it and they are just working out the kinks until they throw it at you randomly to make you wet your pants
    Legend: level 21 commando
    Notorious: level 20 operative
    Bosko: level 20 engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey it's been almost a month sconce SL was sent to apple and still no game... So sts are we going to possibly see SL this week?

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddycent View Post
    Hey it's been almost a month sconce SL was sent to apple and still no game... So sts are we going to possibly see SL this week?
    It's Apple fault and they keep the last word on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah I know.. Was jus hoping sts would maybe have some kind o info for us by now ya know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

It's what we all want, pal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quit crying about names. Only thing they will be reseting is the kills and death count. Everything else will stay. Sorry guys but that's what happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I know everyone is excited about SL but I want the music,madness,blood update of PL.. IDC abt SL when will the new update come plz tell me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I am excited about Nuri's Hollow, too. Yesterday in the chatbox a dev visited and when I said that, he said it's almost ready to submit! Nobody said any timelines, of course, but we can expect a post soon that the new client is being submitted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Ok, that means at least other 2 weeks wait. This means we will see online PL expansion before SL lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default no estimated date

Apple does not give any formal information in-regards to a release date. Apple either tells you approved or not-approved with deficiencies. There has obviously been some issues with the software that need to be corrected by spacetime and then resubmitted to Apple for re-approval. In my experience once the process of approval has begun and the corrections to the software are made then apple will retest in an expedited manor. This is assuming that Spacetime has made the correct changes Apple was asking for and there are no new problems withe their changes. There seems to be allot of people the thinks the delay is all because of Apple, however if the software was truly ready to be released it would have most likely been done already. I am not saying it is Spactimes fault for wanting to give us another great game but perhaps they should have worked on getting the game released before announcing the release of a new game and then waiting for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Everyone should cut STS some slack. They were losing money by waiting for apple which I know understand, and they have mouths to feed so it's very logical. Android didn't get pl till 6months later, so iOS users such as myself can't really complain. The universal plat issue is all apples fault so it had to be removed for hope of approval. Let's just sit tight