Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Censored guild chat...really?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

No problem... its difficult to tell in typed conversations whether its gonna get heated or not..LOL

I do understand some of the points you raise and agree that some stuff doesn't make sense like allowing swearing via one letter missing words but yet muting stuff like 'boobs' (unsure if this is one or not)

can we agree to disagree....LOL

I like the system as it is and you clearly think it could do with a few alterations. We're actually not miles apart... I like the asterisks ideas for minor stuff. i think it used to be like that but unsure why it wasn't incorporated into the current system. I'm sure they said somewhere. It would prevent the muting frustration that occurs for minor stuff. I can also see for the section of younger adults that the everyday language they use isn't permitted. It probably frustrating too.

Its actually an interesting subject and I'm not sure there is a right or wrong... It's probably a difficult one for STS to try to find a balance... It would be great if someone from STS could write an article highlighting the issues they have encountered whilst on the journey to implement this kind of system and what sort of things they have had to consider and how they came to their conclusions. I think much of it has to do with needing to automate the issue to reduce the amount of emails/reports which were being handled everyday.

Apols for any drama from my side...

PS - There is every possibility I could be wrong... It does happen but don't tell anyone...LOL
    Last edited by Redbridge; 08-03-2011 at 12:27 PM.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand