Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Censored guild chat...really?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Might as well merge all guilds together now then, because they're all identical personality wise without the ability to use the only means of communication we have to the fullest ability :\ At least put asterisks in place of words in the guild chat...getting muted for 5 minutes and having absolutely no way of telling anyone you're muted is very counter productive. Every game has young players, it's inevitable. As Banned already stated, this game is based off of shooting other humans with guns, and by killing things you occasionally gain a reward. So by that model, killing things is profitable. This was obviously meant to be funny but is actually very true. I think killing things with weapons has a stronger message than someone using language that I'm sure the vast majority of these little kids parents use at home, or even use themselves. Again, censor public chat and private messages all you want. I agree those should be filtered. But if you join a guild, you should know what you're getting in to. If you don't like the language used, leave and join one with different language rules. I've played games with chat filters, and I've played games where moderators can mute you in game permanently for typing around these filters. But I've never, ever, played a game that has auto muting combined with no way to remove the filter.

But I'll have to respect your decision; your game, your rules.
    Last edited by Flowman; 08-03-2011 at 10:30 AM.