Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Censored guild chat...really?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flowman View Post
    I don't know what Podunk farmer towns you guys live in, but around here 14 year olds are sleeping with eachother and drinking alcohol.
    That makes it ok then, right?

What I don't get is, why was guild chat not muted for weeks? The entire actual beta period we had injured guild chats, and I can't think iof one person who complained in my guild about the language, or anyone at all really. It was actually a lot of peoples favorite thing about guilds. Now all of a sudden its not allowed?
    It was a loophole that is now closed. That's why its a beta phase.

I'm not going to comment any more on this thread as it only going in one direction now.....

IBTL
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Why is there such a need to curse privately?
    because typing like a preteen boy is unnatural and takes longer. It's more of a need to not get muted. Star out my words...don't let me post it, but stop freaking muting me and giving me absolutely no way of letting anyone know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Who cares if there exposed or not it's call real life and grow up you can't shield your kids forever there gonna get exposed to it in the future anyway so we should have the freedom to say what ever we want without getting banned or in our own private guild......

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SUPAPRODIGY View Post
    Who cares if there exposed or not it's call real life and grow up you can't shield your kids forever there gonna get exposed to it in the future anyway so we should have the freedom to say what ever we want without getting banned or in our own private guild......
    just sent that same message in a lot more words in a pm to a seemingly upset Redbridge lol

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #45
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

It looks as if the Star Legends chat filter data was really out of date compared to Pocket Legends. The next content update should allow you to at least say what you can say in Pocket Legends.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Like I said, I have a kid also, so I'm really on both sides of the fence here. But it is ultimately up to STS what they allow in their games. I don't think its so much a NEED to swear privately, as it is an annoyance in getting muted for words that you never figured would cause a mute.

Example:
    I said in a dmc run "brb guys, gotta go snatch some stims from the GH". I'm not gonna point out what word triggered the mute, use your brain, but really?! Absolutely no reason why that should cause a mute.

I never drop f-bombs in videogames, and never use the s-word either ( I prefer to use poo, lol), but getting muted for saying damn is downright annoying. I guess the filter itself isn't my issue, more that I think it should be loosened up a bit.

P.S: I didn't see anything wrong with this post, but if any devs or mods see anything wrong then pm me and ill delete it

EDIT: good to know, asommers! That's exactly my big issue, how strict the filter is. You posted that as I was typing this post, lol.
    Last edited by skavenger216; 08-03-2011 at 03:33 PM.
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I can accurately make the assumption you're around the So-Angry!-I-Have-A-Lot-Of-Angst-So-I-Absolutely-Need-To-Curse age (pubescent teenager to stressed out college student and/or never fully-matured adult male).

Anyway, I hope "damn" isn't filtered, that's all I care about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I only said glasses. Is that a bad word too? Seriously it muted part of it like it was bad.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    I only said glasses. Is that a bad word too? Seriously it muted part of it like it was bad.
    Gl"a**"es? Yeah, that is kind of silly. That, should be removed. It should occur more like PL's. PL had that mute system taken out, because it didn't work so well. Like, if you sad, "Brad's example". It'd be like "Brad'* **ample".
    Blah, blah, blah. Whatever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I can accurately make the assumption you're around the So-Angry!-I-Have-A-Lot-Of-Angst-So-I-Absolutely-Need-To-Curse age (pubescent teenager to stressed out college student and/or never fully-matured adult male).

Who was this directed at? If me, then your assumption is wrong. If not me, then my apologies
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #51
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

The chat filter looks for inappropriate words. Glasses has one in it, thus the stars. You can turn this off by disabling the profanity filter. This provides users the maximum amount of protection we can deliver without disabling chat altogether.

Actual cursing such as using the word which was filtered out of glasses results in a mute. If you don't get the hint after multiple mutes you can be automatically suspended for 1 or more days. This is not something you can disable, and again only occurs when you specifically type out a curse word we've forbidden from the game.

Hate speech can result in an instant ban.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skavenger216 View Post
    Who was this directed at? If me, then your assumption is wrong. If not me, then my apologies
    To Flowman, actually. I just kid though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Here's my input. How come i can say ***, and not damn?
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Lol, but I agree why do you need to curse?

AL: Horror- rogue
    Myth- warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

I'm 22. I'm a physically attractive, confident kid. My parents do well for themselves, and I make a fair share of money myself. I have 1 class left in college, hardly anything to stress about. I have a very good major in a well paying field. I'm not angry at all...nothing about that is negative at all., I actually have a fantastic sense of humor and all you weirdos getting all heated makes me laugh. But never fully matured? Why, because I don't talk like I would talk to a child? Uh, I think the least 'matured' people are the grown adults playing a video game on their cell phones for hours on end. And I hate that Skav is getting filtered in with that comment because I like him a lot and he's actually partially in agreement with my points. Just a generalization, not an attack.

Some people use guild chat for other things than talking about the game. Believe it or not, there's more things to talk about than how many hours you played star legends today, how many moniez you got from farming!!11, or how many super purple fairy friends you're gonna capture in World of Warcraft later when you don't sleep at night.

This is getting off topic and stupid. The devs saw this, just lock or erase it. Shame that after a month of figuring out what kind of people you want in your guild and to find people with similar personalities and begin to mold well together, we're now filtered and muted in both game AND guildchat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I'm 22. I'm a physically attractive, confident kid. My parents do well for themselves, and I make a fair share of money myself. I have 1 class left in college, hardly anything to stress about. I have a very good major in a well paying field. I'm not angry at all...nothing about that is negative at all., I actually have a fantastic sense of humor and all you weirdos getting all heated makes me laugh.
    Ever consider rib resection surgery?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I was gonna throw out my thoughts...not anymore.
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

NorthEast Ohio on the #1 Trout River next to Lake Erie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

To the remark about getting arrested...im sorry but that's just stupid. You can get arrested for just about anything. Using that as an argument is pointless. I got arrested at a concert in new hampshire for transporting alcohol as a minor when I was 20. Apparently in the fine state if new hampshire you're not allowed to have alcohol in your car if you're not 21 regardless if anyone in your car is 21 or older, with the exception of a parent. My two 21 year old friends got arrested as well for allowing me to transport alcohol. We were released an hour later on $40 bail with nothing our on records. Apparently this "LAW" is only enforced in that one town in the entire state. Point is, you can be arrested for anyything, and that argument is weak.
    Im not gona join you on your flame war. This will be my last post here.......
    You showing that you broke the law at 20. Then you try to justify it with a 40.00 fine is ok.

Whats your point? If you break a law/rule or whatever IRL. It is fine you get a punishment. BUT In your game play. Where we know the rules. You should be able to do what you want with no problems. Lets think about this one.....
    I was pointing out that IRL you can get in trouble for words being said. There is no reason to have to use them in a game.

get over it- You play the game. Your not above anyone. . . . adult
    Last edited by Diodge; 08-03-2011 at 09:04 PM.
    """""""""There's a sucker born every minute" P. T. Barnum"""""""""

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diodge View Post
    Im not gona join you on your flame war. This will be my last post here.......
    You showing that you broke the law at 20. Then you try to justify it with a 40.00 fine is ok.

Whats your point? If you break a law/rule or whatever IRL. It is fine you get a punishment. BUT In your game play where we know the rules. You should be able to do what you want with no problems. Lets think about this one.....
    I was pointing out that IRL you can get in trouble for words being said. There is no reason to have to use them in a game.
    It was a BS law...not even sure if it was real. They couldn't even hold us in prison because they had nothing on us. It's not against the rules where I live in Connecticut, nor is it against the rules in any other town in that crap state, except for apparently Hampton Beach. Didn't even tell us why we were being arrested, which is against the law. They also refused us badge numbers. Also against the law. They impounded my car and wouldn't let me get it out until the next day...with a $300 fine. So we had to get a hotel room...cheapest one just so happened to be $200 more. Little vacation town sucking your money dry and the police are in on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by banned View Post
    ever consider rib resection surgery?
    yes!