Thread: Need a build for lvl 15 dex mage..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Need a build for lvl 15 dex mage..

Please help.. M going to use this character for farming dark forest and wylldwood

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

What items do you plan on using?
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

i think a bear is better to farming there...
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    i think a bear is better to farming there...
    +1 (dex)bears rule at these lvls (rage FTW)

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Ha. I solo these levels on my lvl 14 Hybrid Mage (int/dex). Don't need a dex-bear (although my dex-bear rocks it too).
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

drain is a priority followed by firestorm. 1 on both ices, lightning and heal. Res is optional, and so is higher heal, but if you're going dex-mage, i'd advice a full on attack setup and have heal as an effect-clearer.

so something like this is what you're aiming for:

1-1-1-1
    3-1-6-0
    0-0-0-0

base stats depend on your gear, although i could help you there as well

note that this is my personal pve twink build, if someone out there has a different build, feel free to share, but DO NOT try to start flames if you see something you don't like.
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Add Content
    Lvl54 (Dextress) ZeUbermensch / Lvl26 (Dex Bird) Goddemigod / Lvl 23(Dex Bear) Rancorr / Lvl 22 (Pally) Shurpukishpu

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Dex mage will fail at 15. Dexbears will eat you alive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zuesmirza View Post
    Please help.. M going to use this character for farming dark forest and wylldwood
    I know this is an old thread Zues, but wondering how things are going with your build? I have two builds for mages, one at 13 and one at 15. These are set up for soloing in wyldwood and are very different from Zerious's builds which seem to be more for running in groups...a good build for that. My mages do not need heal or rev because of soloing and are set up to kill quickly and have outstanding survivability. Of course my level 13 bear is the best at this level, but you seemed interested in a mage build.

My level 13 mage is set up this way: Frostbite=2; Lightning=5; Firestorm=5. Her equipment is the premium level 10 purple tiara (6 int, 1% dodge, 1 H/s, 3 M/s, 3 Armor); green level 12 Necromancer's Forest Fire Staff; pink level 13 armor (Nature Mage Robe of Mastery); ring is a level 10 Fine Crystal Ring of Bravery (1% Crit, 2 M/s, 3 Damage). Kiting is the name of play. Stats where changed back to minimum req's for equipment because of the new client using base stats now, so has 42 on int and 27 dex.

My level 15 mage is set up this way: Frostbite=2; Lightning=5; Firestorm=5; Ice Storm=1; Weakness=1 (this is more experimental). Her equipment is: green level 15 Necromancer's Sorcery Cap; pink level 15 Stormstrike Wand of Mastery; pink level 15 Alchemist's Heavy Cloth Armor; green level 15 Artic Festival Ornament; ring is a level 10 Fine Crystal Ring of Bravery (1% Crit, 2 M/s, 3 Damage). Can do small mobs of 5 by grouping them and kiting the group, soloing the bosses (mojo is slightly easier). A word of caution here, do not try to enter fight with either boss when there are 2 or more smaller enemy near that can agro on you, always pull boss to a safer location. Stats are now at: 52 int and 27 dex.

I can use either of these to solo these dungeons: Wyldwood maps 1 and 3 (the castle is very dangerous soloing because of the suicide bombers in the boss room); Balefort Castle maps 1 and 2. All maps below these are easy. The BC maps need more kiting, so do not wander off into any areas with lots of mobs, pull a few to a safe area, group and kite. Kiting this way is done by simply getting the mob in one tight group and circling the outside of them, if you stand in one spot expect to hit more HP. But as a level 15 farmer, the only maps in BC that should be done are the first two because the maps are scaled to increase the drop level per map (ie: map 1 drops 15, map 2=16, map 3=17 and so on). When possible kill healers first then the others. As a test just now (since I did not have BC maps 6 and 7 unlocked) I used my level 15 and soloed maps 5 and 6 in 20 minutes using the free elixer in map 6. Unfortunately I took a risky move in map 6 first room to the right and died (I now have 2 deaths on this mage). I used about 60 Health pots and no Mana as my mana regen is at 13 and hp only 4. With good kiting I hardly use either.

If you are interested I have a new guild and looking for people who like farming. You can visit my STS thread here http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...lective-gt-TFC and from there go to our web site for The Farmers Collective. Please note we are still new and do not have many active members yet, but if you need a guild you are welcome to join.

Just a little extra for fun:
    Last edited by im4broke; 09-18-2011 at 12:59 PM. Reason: added pic

Ariskabar (warrior 66), Weoki (mage 52), Hanaty (bird 61), Bucketofbolts (mage 30) Visit my threat guide! Join The Farmers' Collective.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zerious:368712
    drain is a priority followed by firestorm. 1 on both ices, lightning and heal. Res is optional, and so is higher heal, but if you're going dex-mage, i'd advice a full on attack setup and have heal as an effect-clearer.

so something like this is what you're aiming for:

1-1-1-1
    3-1-6-0
    0-0-0-0

base stats depend on your gear, although i could help you there as well

note that this is my personal pve twink build, if someone out there has a different build, feel free to share, but DO NOT try to start flames if you see something you don't like.
    Dude u dont EVEN need rez. Just go with drain n fire.
    PL: Crestmage -- Crestwar -- Crestbear -- Crestphoenix -- Twinkworld -- Tearacecaz
    AL: Crestmage -- Crestwar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crestmage View Post
    Dude u dont EVEN need rez. Just go with drain n fire.
    well if your soloing, but everyone loves a pve twink who carries res. This aint pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Zerious, i think with new update you have to gain xp from kill to make it count as a kill. What i mean, is that, from testing, disabling xp gain and still killing enemies your level does not count for your kills. My 30 bird, when disabled xp gain, still had same amount of kills after like 3 full runs at the 25-30 dungeon.

NVM just read first post this is for farming not pve twinking my bad
    rhinomagic[/B]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyshoota View Post
    Zerious, i think with new update you have to gain xp from kill to make it count as a kill. What i mean, is that, from testing, disabling xp gain and still killing enemies your level does not count for your kills. My 30 bird, when disabled xp gain, still had same amount of kills after like 3 full runs at the 25-30 dungeon.

NVM just read first post this is for farming not pve twinking my bad
    pssh... kill farming is a waste of time anyways