Thread: FPS battle drops and screen rotation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default FPS battle drops and screen rotation

Anyone else having problems with (1) FPS during battle and (2) screen rotation? My FPS drops to what appears to be about 4 during battle, while my ping sits at a nice 100 or so. I have no problems in town or in 1v1 fights. Also, when I try to rotate the screen, often it suddenly zips an instant 180 on me. This happens in andPL out of battle, but it's gotten me killed a few times.

It may just be my phone. I am playing on a motorola atrix. I did not have the FPS and screen rotation problems within my iphone in PL. But now I've "upgraded" to android. If you had these problems please let me k ow what you did to fix them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

For the 180° turn simply turn off chase camera on PL options
    IGN- SCARECROWWOLF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Or clean your screen - wierd things happen after about 20min of playing with dirty fingers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Lol Choco-fingers playing rules!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coznlarry View Post
    I noticed this when you are moving with d-pad and rotating view(by swiping across screen). If you break contact with screen on the d-pad area before breaking contact from your swipe the avatar/view spins around 180.
    THIS is the problem (thanks, Coznlarry!). Thanks for the replies, but chase camera and a dirty screen are not the culprits. My chase camera is not on, and the "flip" happens whether my screen is squeeky clean or "choco" dirty. There have to be more of us noticing this.

Anyone else have the FPS slowdown problems? I was thinking maybe it was because the Atrix has a dual core processor, but even my old iPhone 3gs's puny processor can handle PL (and I am getting slowdowns there too). Also I would think the Samsung Galaxy S2, being dual core, would have the same problem. Finally, I moved both PL and SL to my phone's internal memory instead of the SD card. That didn't help. Ugh. Any other suggestions much appreciated.
    Last edited by kamikazees; 08-04-2011 at 09:38 AM.