Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two guilds with the same name.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Two guilds with the same name.

Hi everyone its Jay.

So about a week ago I get on, and see a guy with a guild name called star legends guild. Ok wait I started star legends the guild.

My guild name. ( star legends )
    There guild name. (star legends guild )

I was a little taken back by this. Not sure why but it upsets me. Im guessing because the name is the same. I mean why would u use a guild name thats already taken and add guild at the end.

They could of used (blackstar legends ) or something along that for a name.

It also makes it a pain because people keep asking me if we have anything to do with the other star legends guild. No no we do not.

Also I started star legends the guild the first day the game came out. And this guild started a week ago. And not one person frim there guild will even talk to me. But there officers have bugged my officer to join. Non have left but still first they steal my guild name, then try to steal my members.

Im not sure if im over reacting about this but I feel wronged in this whole thing. Please post wgat you think about the whole thing.

Lol even other guilds members keep telling me that my guild name was stolen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Thats brutal bro, i think sts should offer him a free guild name change and see if he accepts it.. but then what happens if it keeps happening to people?
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

You telling me someone else thought to name a guild after the name of the game they're playing? Who'd have thought such creative minds existed?

No but seriously, that is unfortunate...but you had to have seen this coming. There's no list of all guilds, he didn't have a clue. To fix this the word "guild" shouldn't be allowed in the title...it's like saying "Star Legends Guild Guild"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I do think it's poor form to do something like that, hopefully those that read this post will understand and it would be up to them to choose how they wish to be represented. My suggestion would be to pm their GM to see if a solution, agreeable to both parties, is possible.

Good luck Jay!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think that sts should try to code in so when creating a guild name you cant have it to much the same, much like business name registrations. Dont know if its possible. But worth a suggestion
    PL - BreadKeeperzz - 55 Bear -=- BreadKeeper - 53 Mage -=- SirKeeper 10 Bear
    SL - Keeper - Commando -=- SirKeeper - Engie
    Guild - Atomic Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yes flow I should of

I didnt even think about it happening. Because I though that after they put star legends in as a guild name, and saw it was taken they wouldnt just add guild at the end. I really thought thats how it would go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

We should all take 1 alt and keep making variations of Star Legends Guild so there are hundreds. haha. Maybe that would entice sts to recode the naming section. I think its the same as someone taking your name with a s on the end or z or xx name xx shouldnt be allowed if there are to many letters the same in the same sequence.

Str Legends Guild
    Star Legends Guil
    Star Legend Guild
    Sta Legend Guild

Could probably make hundreds and really ruin the guild name.

* I dont suggest doing this. Just saying it could happen.

Please Consider Fixing this STS.
    PL - BreadKeeperzz - 55 Bear -=- BreadKeeper - 53 Mage -=- SirKeeper 10 Bear
    SL - Keeper - Commando -=- SirKeeper - Engie
    Guild - Atomic Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

You wanna pay 70 or whatever plat each time to make all those variations, then be my guest lol...good luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Could probably make hundreds and really ruin the guild name.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yeesh

Hoodwink says : Stop the madness!

I personally have nothing against Star Legends Guild. I may be an officer of the original Star Legends, but seeing two of such similar names is confusing, and I look forward to hearing how this can be resolved. Down the road I hope we are able to remedy both guilds views safely and respectively.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Nice

Lol that is not what I want to do im not like that lol. Im a fair person, I dont want to ruin the name. first reason is its my guild name to lol. second I dont want to make a huge fight over it. I hope STS can see when the guilds were made, if so hope they can fix it.

Flow had it right adding guild at the end makes it like guild guild.

Where the guild name goes clearly shows that its a guild and thats the guild name.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Input

Ok so back on this. Anyone have an idea of how I should handle this? Like ive said im fair and I dont want to make a fight out of this. Any added input will help me out greatly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well in game there are no lists of "formed" guilds anywhere so this person may of had no idea of your original guild and I doubt he spent that platinum to spite you.

Hope you can get it resolved though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That's star commandos guild lol he took money from my guild to make his own my guilds name is sky warriors

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Wow just challenge him to a guild fight and if he loses he has to delete

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

To be honest, I wouldn't care. You have a unique guild name. I'm in the guild "Sky Warriors". If someone made a guild called "Sky Warriors Guild", I wouldn't mind.

You have a guild name that 'is' the title of the game. Be proud of that. They just have something that's close to it. Besides, guild names just represent a group of people. It's no big deal.

Off Topic: Hi Swordlover! Haha I always check the forums one last time before I go to bed so don't think I ditched you in-game. :P
    Current Sig by
    SL Elite Death Squad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[QUOTE=AOmonsta:370979]Well in game there are no lists of "formed" guilds anywhere so this person may of had no idea of your original guild and I doubt he spent that platinum to spite you.

Very good point. There should be a in game list of all the guilds. So that everyone can see all the guilds the game has to offer, and also so to kee this from happening again.

lol guild fight. I dont want fight. I would front the plat for his new guild and the guild hall of his choice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Seriously? You named a guild after the game and are now surprised others did the same?
    Try coming up with a more creative name, maybe it won't be taken.
    And just throwing this out there -- how do you know theirs wasn't first? Is there any info on guilds like date they're created?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider:370998
    Seriously? You named a guild after the game and are now surprised others did the same?
    Try coming up with a more creative name, maybe it won't be taken.
    And just throwing this out there -- how do you know theirs wasn't first? Is there any info on guilds like date they're created?

Ok I made the post to see what I could do to get it worked out. It seems like you have a problem with that. Also I made my guild in the first 15 mins that the beta came out. So unless he did his in the first 14 or sooner then I made mine first. Also my guild is the games name with out adding guild to it so im 100% sure I was first, if I was not first my guild would be not of been (star legends). It would of been something else.

Again ill add. im here to hear what people think I should do. keep pressing the matter or drop it. What would everyone do?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Why didn't u think of a more original name? I wouldnt be attracted a guild with such a bland name, they stole ur name, and u stole the game's name...