Thread: Am I on the right track?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Am I on the right track?

Hi All,
    I'm a level 56 rogue, wearing Underhul Mythic set with Arcane daggers. My build is aim shot, nox bolt, shad piercer and sss with intelligence, strength, dexterity, and critical shot passives and nox bolt and sss masteries. I don't know if it's my being inexperienced, under geared or wrong build, but I cannot survive in Glintstone or Planar Tombs yet and only through Dead City Elite maps. So, I've been grinding km3 for crates trying to save up for an arcane ring hoping that helps, but it is taking forever and is tedious. My questions are should I be using a bow instead? What gear should I be aiming for? Should I farm km3 or the low level elites I can survive in? Any other suggestions? Oh, pets I'm running with are Malison, Stanlee, Crawly, Gyrm. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

try razor shield

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jjperez27 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

hmmm,you probably need a better pet such as maridos, it helps alot in better surviving harder maps with good pet.
    as for weapon, arc blade is a very good weap for rog, especially with the current new boss, it helps alot. i see many arc blade rogs running ard without unleashing their arc blades to the fullest, try to hit more mobs up close to proc stun and dragons bite as much as u can, u will discover the true power and the fun in it.
    as for arc ring, i too am saving up for one, still lack of an arc shard to start crafting, imo its still the best ring for rog, it gives better mana (for more skill spamming, we need to do it pretty often) , armour( for better survivability especially after we got nerf on armour), decent str stat for so hp as well. so i would say for now try to go for it.
    agrees with above, try razor shield too, its very useful. charge it before use, to avoid being stun, it also cancels off the cyro worm poison pool after it explodes and u accidentally step on it, if u didnt know.

all in all is just my 2cent and personal preference.hope u have fun =)
    P.S not a pro rog, just some of my personal experience. also pardon for my english, its not my native language. XD

5. The Following User Says Thank You to IronWolfert For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

5 words - Arcane Ring and Planar Pendant

Both of these will give you a massive boost to health (and everything).

These should be prioritized over pets.

P.S. keep arcane daggers
    Ign - Coolguymage

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Befs For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    591 Posts

Are your gear jeweled? When you said you cannot survive Underhul and Planar Tombs did you mean in party or solo?

I agree with the suggestion to pick up razor shield (4/5, except bleed). It's helpful in Ren'gol and Underhul especially since you use daggers and that means fighting at melee range.

At lv56 with your gear you could actually farm elite Kraken Isles and Nordr. Gold elite chests from these areas sell pretty well, and silver Elite Runner chests drop here, which might contain jewel elixirs, also pretty hot items. Run Underhul a lot to farm awakening gem pieces and Rengol to farm shaman effigy pieces. Craft a lot of them and open when you're running rough maps for more armor, hp, damage and crit.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leeny View Post
    Hi All,
    I'm a level 56 rogue, wearing Underhul Mythic set with Arcane daggers. My build is aim shot, nox bolt, shad piercer and sss with intelligence, strength, dexterity, and critical shot passives and nox bolt and sss masteries. I don't know if it's my being inexperienced, under geared or wrong build, but I cannot survive in Glintstone or Planar Tombs yet and only through Dead City Elite maps. So, I've been grinding km3 for crates trying to save up for an arcane ring hoping that helps, but it is taking forever and is tedious. My questions are should I be using a bow instead? What gear should I be aiming for? Should I farm km3 or the low level elites I can survive in? Any other suggestions? Oh, pets I'm running with are Malison, Stanlee, Crawly, Gyrm. Thanks!
    Thats a little weird, i myself probally have worse gear than you and i don't usually die too often in Pt2 if I play properly and at my best performance. It could just be your playstyle. I also use the same skill loadout as you and i find it a great one. What are your stats?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Hi All,
    Did I just read shadow storm shot! Replace it with razor. Get your gear fortified finesse minimum. Farm and save for an arcane pet, preferably Nekro. Get rid of SSS mastery. Arcane ring and mythic pendant will help you a lot. Remember razor aggros so use it strategically in elites.

Hopefully this should help you and also stay out of all red zones and heavy mob clusters, you're not a tank

P.S arcane ring is on its last legs, if gold is an issue wait for some level 56 rings and also pet augmentation system, you can create your own little pet monster without going broke. Also as mentioned above - effigys and awakening gems give a good temp boost. If you need another rogue in your PT just hit me up. My ingame name is not Terminhater lol.
    Last edited by Terminhater; 05-30-2016 at 05:56 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminhater For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terminhater View Post
    Did I just read shadow storm shot! Replace it with razor. Get your gear fortified finesse minimum. Farm and save for an arcane pet, preferably Nekro. Get rid of SSS mastery. Arcane ring and mythic pendant will help you a lot. Remember razor aggros so use it strategically in elites.

Hopefully this should help you and also stay out of all red zones and heavy mob clusters, you're not a tank

P.S arcane ring is on its last legs, if gold is an issue wait for some level 56 rings and also pet augmentation system, you can create your own little pet monster without going broke. Also as mentioned above - effigys and awakening gems give a good temp boost. If you need another rogue in your PT just hit me up. My ingame name is not Terminhater lol.
    why not SSS? I've been using sss in planar tombs and it works relally good when killing large groups of mobs, if there are atleast 3-4 mobs it will deal a total for 3k-4k damage almost the same a non crit aimed. And if the mob pull is large like the ones done in pt2, it can deal up to 10k damage in a single shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminhater View Post

why not SSS? I've been using sss in planar tombs and it works relally good when killing large groups of mobs, if there are atleast 3-4 mobs it will deal a total for 3k-4k damage almost the same

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Daggee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

As long as you can stay alive SSS is fine but if you can't then you need razor.

I would rather use a aim nox pierce SSS build but I switch razor for SSS in new maps and new elites.

I put 10 points in razor mastery as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi all,
    Thanks for all the great responses. I haven't been on for a couple of days, but I will try the build with razor shield. I also have not been using my weapons to their fullest! I'm excited to try proc'ing dragon's bite. I also need to get some jewels and a better pet. Also, thanks for the ideas on places to farm. I'll let you know how this works out! Thanks again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Hi all,
    Thanks for all the great responses. I haven't been on for a couple of days, but I will try the build with razor shield. I also have not been using my weapons to their fullest! I'm excited to try proc'ing dragon's bite. I also need to get some jewels and a better pet. Also, thanks for the ideas on places to farm. I'll let you know how this works out! Thanks again!
    Nice! Good luck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

gd luck and hv fun, update us too on how its going. =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Hi all,
    Yes, please do report back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maung_soe View Post
    why not SSS? I've been using sss in planar tombs and it works relally good when killing large groups of mobs, if there are atleast 3-4 mobs it will deal a total for 3k-4k damage almost the same a non crit aimed. And if the mob pull is large like the ones done in pt2, it can deal up to 10k damage in a single shot.
    The OP had issues with surviving, razor is a better replacement in this regard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    591 Posts

Actually having SSS makes sense because OP can inflict huge amount of damage from range. Charged razor and Malison AA, go in to proc dags in the mobs, AS, Nox, SSS, repeat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    Actually having SSS makes sense because OP can inflict huge amount of damage from range. Charged razor and Malison AA, go in to proc dags in the mobs, AS, Nox, SSS, repeat.
    No sp instead of Nox? Any specific reason?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Underhaul ring not good .-. Try arc ring and planar pendant as well for hp boost

Sent from my MotoE2 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

try razor shield