Thread: Int Birds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Int Birds

Everyone is speaking about PVP balancing, but today in pvp no one goes because balancing does not exist (this is one of the reason, the second one is no items as premium but there are more reasons).
    Never seen a MMORPG where archers wear mage items and viceversa.
    Is this depth of pvp? Char customization is possibility to wear other class items?
    Int eagles kill you with 3 buttons, a mojo wand and a vodoo doll.
    Where is the balancing?
    Where is char spec?
    Everyone can wear and put stat point everywhere, it sounds strange.
    So pvp has become 1 vs 1 with 10 players that are always there (9 are int eagles).
    My suggestion is specific items for specific classes.
    An eagle can not wear mage items, a warr can not wear mage items or in a few weeks there will be only int eagles (i'm going to respec int my eagle of course).
    TY
    Ajeje

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

at least use the common terms in your rant if you want to come across as knowledgeable: bowbear, clever birdy and paladin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

No, that ruins the purpose of having your character how ever you want! Plus, some Str weapons are built for battle mages, like the Thoth set for example. If they didn't have spec customization those items wouldn't have as much purpose. I agree, most archers are rocking int and most enchantresses are using str (for thoth) and bears started off str shifted over to dex (for bayou bow) and are now moving over to int because everyone says they are the best kind. I see the future being tankers being mainly mages and archers, spell casters being mostly bears some archers, and dex being a mix of all 3 classes (granted the fourth class, which we don't know much about). So that's my prediction, who knows maybe in the future it levels out again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ajeje how very ironic when you say int birds are overpowered and broken when you play a bowbear LOL

because of this im not going to bother wasting my time on this thread any further
    Sayishere - Archer.

Never tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Dude, int birds are NOT overpowered in anyway. They don't even come in comparison to a bow bear. I can't even take this seriously.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sayishere View Post
    ajeje how very ironic when you say int birds are overpowered and broken when you play a bowbear LOL

because of this im not going to bother wasting my time on this thread any further
    LOL, not to mention him saying that he's gonna shift over to int ranger!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All int birds speaking of course :-)
    Would be nice to hera the opinion of other spec.
    Anyway ty for your opinion
    Ajeje

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

im actually going to respec back to dex because im bored of int bird now

i have said this before, but i will say it again

int birds have alot higher h/s and m/s than a normal dex bird due to the mage gear they are wearing. the usual int spec bird has a wand and a shield so they have more armour than a crossbow bird. but the same as a talon bird with a wingshield

int birds usually have less crit than a dex bird and less dps because the wand is slower but does more damage wheras a bow hits faster and does slightly lower damage, the problem is probably down to cruel blast which procs of the wand

but all birds can do cruel blast now with shattering scream and blast show so i dont see the problem

the main advantage is the range a crossbow has, the wand has bad range and you have to come close to do damage, although when they do come in close, if you dont dodge all the attacks your probably going to get 3 shotted without things like evasion, mana shield active (obviously this isnt the case of a bowbear)

you can pretty much kite a int bird with knockbacks and roots to keep him away, but to some extent i would say int bird is slightly better than a normal bird

the new gear mages have now gives alot more h/s so int birds have tons of h/s now which can be considered OP but int birds die in a few hits like any other bird so H/s doesn't matter as much when your fighting high damage enemies like.....bow bears..rofl

ajeje you say they are overpowered but you have no valid reasons so please expand on your reasons further, because its all just opinion from you atm.
    Last edited by Sayishere; 06-14-2010 at 10:00 AM.
    Sayishere - Archer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

well, hybrids are part of this game. I think its odd how no one ever mentions the weaknesses of a hybrid. for one, the cleverbirdy is extremely expensive to upkeep, equipment and pots, its also very pruner to dying fast, you will need to drain pots like miller to survive longer than 10 seconds without dying. yes, it has arguably the best killing ability of all players, but after 4 kills or so in pvp its rendered worthless. now, a good tanker can continuously kill and regenerate to survive, while the clever birdie lacks such ability. normal classes are built with a goal in mind, while hybrids are killers with usually one glaring weakness. it just depends on how much you want to risk really.
    My Name is Vulgarstrike, SilentCries, Ordinary, Attractive, Investment
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    you should be able to have some fun
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Ahhhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

IMO, we need classes and races. They tell us we have classes but we don't. Enchantress, Archer, and Ursan are races. Your placement of attribute points determines your class. We should, in addition to picking a race, choose a class for our character. Races should have intrinsic qualities that make them better suited for the traditional form of a particular class, and both race and class should govern items that can be used and skills.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i fought ajeje with a pure dex build and be beat me twice, that being said against a dex bird a int bird will usually win, this goes without saying, i mean i didnt have time to get the best gear and think of a tactic or think of a good spec but i made do and i lost, i assume a good pure dex archer could go toe to toe with a int archer but im not the guy

i was a int archer at the start so thats i know for now, i will give it a go some other time, but theres a tourny on friday that i want to attend so i need more practice with my int bird haha

but i still think int bird has a advantage over a normal dex bird, but is equsl amongst the other 2 classes
    Sayishere - Archer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    IMO, we need classes and races. They tell us we have classes but we don't. Enchantress, Archer, and Ursan are races. Your placement of attribute points determines your class. We should, in addition to picking a race, choose a class for our character. Races should have intrinsic qualities that make them better suited for the traditional form of a particular class, and both race and class should govern items that can be used and skills.
    This. For the epic win.

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I hate the hybrid system, but 2h birds are way worse than int birds.

I don't know why people think int birds are so great. They are just cheesy. You don't get more damage from your skills by using a wand rather than a bow. The big thing about bow birds is they have high mana regen.

I'm all for overhauling the entire class system, but starting blaming 2h bird and bow bears and paladins. I think the reason people hate int birds so much is cause the concept is just so dumb.

Either way nothing is beating my warrior right now 1v1.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

personally i'd dislike any system that forces you to pick a set class for each race, nothing gets more tiresome.
    Last edited by ed anger; 06-14-2010 at 02:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sayishere View Post
    i fought ajeje with a pure dex build and be beat me twice, that being said against a dex bird a int bird will usually win, this goes without saying, i mean i didnt have time to get the best gear and think of a tactic or think of a good spec but i made do and i lost, i assume a good pure dex archer could go toe to toe with a int archer but im not the guy

i was a int archer at the start so thats i know for now, i will give it a go some other time, but theres a tourny on friday that i want to attend so i need more practice with my int bird haha

but i still think int bird has a advantage over a normal dex bird, but is equsl amongst the other 2 classes
    Remember part of PVP is strategy, experience and when you get down to it, some luck. You did beat him twice though, but maybe you are just a better PVPer, no offense, just a suggestion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Remember part of PVP is strategy, experience and when you get down to it, some luck. You did beat him twice though, but maybe you are just a better PVPer, no offense, just a suggestion.
    you read it wrong mate haha

HE BEAT ME

i personally dont take the pvp seriously because at the end of the day its unbalanced and comes down to luck, whoever crits and dodges and overpowered classes

the problem is i love this game, and i love pvp as a whole, so nothings going to stop me from pvping, and trying to do the best i can with what resources i have

so yea

people should understand when you lose, you gain experience and eventually get better and find counter measures, thats how i approach everything in life, and pvp specifically. in all mmos ive played ive used this logic
    Sayishere - Archer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ed anger View Post
    personally i'd dislike any system that forces you to pick a set class for each race, nothing gets more tiresome.
    As opposed to max leveling 3 characters in a week and having nothing to do for another month?

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    As opposed to max leveling 3 characters in a week and having nothing to do for another month?
    what's your point? if a bear had to be a warrior, a bird an archer etc etc, you'd still level quickly. not relevant. it has to do with how easy they make the leveling. if they made the later levels take more and more XP the leveling would be slower, would that entertain you?