Thread: a different paladin...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default a different paladin...

I'm a pally I guess. Lvl48, int 9x, str 13x (don't have exact numbers on me). I play front line but nuke like crazy. Wearing full lvl 45 Thoth gear, so I have tons of mana regeneration - I only run low when I use/need mana shield. Normally its full no matter how fast I blast.

What's my next armor? The typical replies: hate, rift, destiny all boost str. I want to keep my int and m/s rising, but I do need high armor. I'm considering respec'ing to full int but love charging in blasting away... I find I only use the spear to wipe up - if the mob has a third life, I nuke it.

--Kibbee (battlemage or armored mage?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Yes str mages are called pallys (paladin).

If you wish to stay as pally your best option would be rift set or then go with your current set all the way to 51 and buy some sewer items lvl 51.
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Go with rift, it's classy, classic, and works well. Cyber rift is a lot worse that normal rift. I don't suggest using sewer gear for pallies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Go w/ fury! :P
    It has 6 m/s per item

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default sewer queen, eh...

I like the int and armor of the sewer queens items....

Please clarify something. Going with rift, I will loose ALOT of mana from my pool. I'll regenerate it quickly, yes, BUT won't my nukes suffer? I'm a aoe blaster. I seldom use my spear. I assumed the more int /mana, the bigger the boom. N'est pas? For my style, armor = protection; and if it adds int, it's extra sweet. I've only been playing a few weeks, so my knowledge is pretty thin.

--Kibbee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

From level 50 to up there isn't anymore any str items which gives anythig else than str. Also with rift you lose mana, but regen is enough high to keep it mostly full all the time if you won't use mana shield.

Also you can try to maximize your amount of int by doing respec. Put str, amount of you need to equip 45 items, choose ones which give str(Osiris), equip full set of Osiris and then equip rift( you can equip it even your base stats isn't enough, item boost your str enough high to equip rift items ). You can save 20 points and can use them to int.

And yeah you are right, higher int value makes your skill damage at Mage higher.
    Last edited by Darkfader; 08-07-2011 at 07:58 AM.
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfader View Post
    From level 50 to up there isn't anymore any str items which gives anythig else than str. Also with rift you lose mana, but regen is enough high to keep it mostly full all the time if you won't use mana shield.

Also you can try to maximize your amount of int by doing respec. Put str, amount of you need to equip 45 items, choose ones which give str(Osiris), equip full set of Osiris and then equip rift( you can equip it even your base stats isn't enough, item boost your str enough high to equip rift items ). You can save 20 points and can use them to int.

And yeah you are right, higher int value makes your skill damage at Mage higher.

Check out Ellyidols dual speccing guide. i think thats what dark was getting at.

And mana pool is just how much mana you have. I dont see it as very helpful to have a huge mana pool. I used to have a mage and even though my mana pool was little, I could spam my skills and have it still only go down a little bit. But that little bit regens pretty quickly.

And yes, having more int will give you more skill damage. Gear also effects skill damage a little. Certain weapons will make your skills do more damage.
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

noob question xD

What does nuking mean?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default nuking

Nuking: to blast, or unleash spells designed to inflict maximum damage. Typically involving AOE (Area Of Effect) skills like lightning that hit numerous enemies. In this case, I was referencing repeating the casting as fast as possible until nothing was left moving.

Or something like that.

--Kibbee