Thread: Feedback: My opinion on the UI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default Feedback: My opinion on the UI

The entire UI needs an overhaul before before it scars new users and disappoints PL vets.

Screen real estate is aggressively devoured by over-sized and erroneously spaced buttons. The four hotkey with set toggle interface is particularly perplexing when eight buttons can easily fit on the screen without cluttering viewing area. You guys have already proven it! What gives? Shrink the obnoxious auto-attack button and get rid of the set-toggle: Voila.

I don't mean to beat the point into the ground but I haven't seen a more awkward gameplay component since Sega Genesis released Street Fighter II to be played with their three button controller. Remember how you had to hit select to toggle your punches and kicks? Talk about abject failure!

While you're at it, please remove the buy additional inventory slots button from underneath the inventory field. Its kinda manipulative because you KNOW we accidentally press it ALL the time.

P.S.
    I love you
    Last edited by Justg; 08-07-2011 at 03:46 PM. Reason: fixed that title for ya. Love you back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Holy crap. Lol. That was so good.

What a smack in the face.

All of that stuff I noticed, but forgot about. Very good post
    IGN- SCARECROWWOLF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I have noticed how im limited to 4 skills during combat because I have no time to switch to the next set.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hit the nail on that one, nice post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I don't mind the current UI setup. Everything works well and its not hard to flip pages. I'd rather flip than have 8 skills taking up the screen.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DontNerfMeBro View Post
    I don't mean to beat the point into the ground but I haven't seen a more awkward gameplay component since Sega Genesis released Street Fighter II to be played with their three button controller. Remember how you had to hit select to toggle your punches and kicks? Talk about abject failure!
    Thanks for this. It brought back some memories
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

+1, I find that most of the time i try to switch skill sets it lags out, and the reason i was going to switch for in the first place has already been and gone, and now im laggin to switch back, To solve this ive limited myself to playing with 4 skills. I know this will have to change in the future, but i also hope we get the option to have 8 skills on 1 screen.

I nice work around could be to make it a option. If you can toggle emote button off, then i would assume you could toggle a 4 skill or 8 skill page.
    PL - BreadKeeperzz - 55 Bear -=- BreadKeeper - 53 Mage -=- SirKeeper 10 Bear
    SL - Keeper - Commando -=- SirKeeper - Engie
    Guild - Atomic Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I kinda agree with the whole UI appearance... could do with an overhaul and I think it's pretty lacklustre atm.

PL : xBearSpiritx (Lvl 66 Tank Bear) | xPallax (Lvl 60 Pure Int Elf) | xDarkWraithx (Lvl 61 Pure Dex Bird)
    SL: Crusader (Lvl 26 Commando) | Contra (Lvl 26 Operative) | xPallax (Lvl 26 Engineer)