Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concerning end game players....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Default Concerning end game players....

I'm a level 51 mage and I still see end game players begging for mana . Shouldn't they have enough gold to purchase mana and health potions by now? Let me know what you think. Thanks.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raxaxic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Since you mention pots, I take it you're talking about pve. To me it's more than just not having pot money. It's not understanding their class and their role in party, and other class part in teamwork. A rogue who understands mages will be more thankful for great crowd control than a measly mana heal that gets used up in less time than Lifegiver cooldown. A real tank will never let a mage risk their life by healing mana.

And then there's the pinchpenny belief that you can get rich by not buying and spending pots, which is about as misguided as thinking you will get rich by not going to work because bus fare means spending money. I kicked a warrior from guild once for insisting it's mage's job to give everyone mana on pve, while he proudly announced that he had close to 2k pots each from weeks of Klaas and Shazbot. That's not lack of knowledge, it's willful stubborn idiocy.

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Happened to me earlier for the first time since like early level 46.

I just stopped and laughed. Thankfully they stopped.
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raxaxic View Post
    I'm a level 51 mage and I still see end game players begging for mana . Shouldn't they have enough gold to purchase mana and health potions by now? Let me know what you think. Thanks.
    Yes... At "END GAME" level, players should, at that point, be able to provide their own pots.... If not, they are not ready for endgame.....

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

I remember when i lvled my mage with random party i got kicked after one run cause i didn't healed em with mana lol. OP logic of some players

8. The Following User Says Thank You to resurrected For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

That's why I changed my name xD

IGN: Cryformana, Drizzitty
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Otahaanak For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Befs View Post
    Happened to me earlier for the first time since like early level 46.

I just stopped and laughed. Thankfully they stopped.
    And u was lucky enough they stopped.
    I'm with Ilhanna, the thing that annoys me the most is not the lacking of knowledge, since there r tons of autolevelers i can comprehend, but the fact that many players do not want to listen, to understand, to learn. That's even more sad in the end.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kharjojo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

I honestly get shocked when I see a end game mage use heal, I just want to stop and say "for the love of cake , stop that and use shield!"

And when I see other classes that keep saying "mana!" Over and over I just have to say.."you sir are a embarrassment to your class, go back to level one and try again."

The thin line between entertainment and war
    There'll be no shelter here

14. The Following User Says Thank You to konafez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Infact i get really annoyed when mages auctually uses lifegiver. That skillslot is wasted for lifegiver when it can be a better skill for CC like the clock skill. I've met so quite a number of mages at Planar tombs still using life giver when they don't even have clock or a good CC skill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

I have been threatened & abused by top guild rogues for not manaing them up during levelling runs wt4 at the time of 46 cap. What they didn't know is that my rogue was in their same guild & I met them with my mage who was in a diffn guild.
    A lot of the top guild rogues have a serious mana using problem in most of the maps, worse when its elite map.
    Also always note the country the war/rogue begging mana comes from. This always cracks me up. At least 80% of mana beggars come from one specific country.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Spamming pots is not a skill. Timing your abilities healing/mana your teamates should be your priority. Some rogues use dex/str combo to survive and are usually low on mana pool which drain in just two three skills. Heal/Mana is better than one extra damage skill on a mage considering there are rogues in party which helps them do 1 or even 2 more auto attacks/skills when not spamming pots if you are on phone, and since aimed shot crit stacks for a few seconds its always good to have mana for it ready so you can spam your aimed shot nox bolt combo (poison stacks) on bosses rather than spam pots. I have even seen full damage warriors in game who don't put points in taunt and consider it a waste, rather go for uneeded passives just for minute damage increase. It feels nice when warrior spams charged heal which gives invulnerability for 2 seconds, it gives you chance to go aggresive rather than kite. I don't know since when the trend of not using heal started i just came back in game few months back, and used to complaint at start but stoped now. One can be a very skillfull mage playing countless runs with thousands of kills but if someone really wants to learn the game then he must play other classes too, only then he will come to know what problems they face and how you can help them. And yes majority of forumers might not agree with me but majority of players will do.
    90% of rogues are trolls

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Att For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Att View Post
    Spamming pots is not a skill. Timing your abilities healing/mana your teamates should be your priority. Some rogues use dex/str combo to survive and are usually low on mana pool which drain in just two three skills. Heal/Mana is better than one extra damage skill on a mage considering there are rogues in party which helps them do 1 or even 2 more auto attacks/skills when not spamming pots if you are on phone, and since aimed shot crit stacks for a few seconds its always good to have mana for it ready so you can spam your aimed shot nox bolt combo (poison stacks) on bosses rather than spam pots. I have even seen full damage warriors in game who don't put points in taunt and consider it a waste, rather go for uneeded passives just for minute damage increase. It feels nice when warrior spams charged heal which gives invulnerability for 2 seconds, it gives you chance to go aggresive rather than kite. I don't know since when the trend of not using heal started i just came back in game few months back, and used to complaint at start but stoped now. One can be a very skillfull mage playing countless runs with thousands of kills but if someone really wants to learn the game then he must play other classes too, only then he will come to know what problems they face and how you can help them. And yes majority of forumers might not agree with me but majority of players will do.
    I guess that "90% of rogues are troll" is pretty much self explainatory.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jiinzou For This Useful Post:

Att

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bonjovi3223 View Post
    I have been threatened & abused by top guild rogues for not manaing them up during levelling runs wt4 at the time of 46 cap. What they didn't know is that my rogue was in their same guild & I met them with my mage who was in a diffn guild.
    A lot of the top guild rogues have a serious mana using problem in most of the maps, worse when its elite map.
    Also always note the country the war/rogue begging mana comes from. This always cracks me up. At least 80% of mana beggars come from one specific country.
    I wonder which top guilds those are? In fact, as far as I know, mages get a warning and a potential kick for using heal in pve, not for not using it in most if not all top guilds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

I got those messages plenty during my days back during 41 and 46 caps running wt4.
    Here and there a random warrior or rogue going "mana"
    I told them to use potions, and they either keep asking, stop asking, or insult me

Yeah, like you'll get any mana now

Nowadays, I just ignore them,
    if you don't feel like clicking your mana potions a few times,
    I don't feel like using my mage as a walking mana-dispenser

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

MANA PLZ!

I remember when I use to tank and had so called 'pro' tanks give me beef on spamming horn. They told me to only hit horn when allies are low on health. I used to tell them I don't hit horn to heal, in elites you spam your potions like a mother trucker! I spam horn to give mages and rogues that 2 second breathing space called invincibility - a tactic that'll help in elite cryostar.

They called me noob.
    Last edited by Terminhater; 05-30-2016 at 06:21 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminhater For This Useful Post:

Att

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

A brand new player can level up using plats now
    Last edited by Binlaggin; 05-30-2016 at 09:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

When u try to survive to heal urself(25% life) and them.. and they far from u.. 😄😄😄😄
    *mana nab!! 😭😭😭

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

When someone asks for mana, I say pot, even I am playing warrior and rogue. If they repeat, they go on the ignore list. There are plenty of players to play with.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

We mage at endgame especially elite runs dont use heal skill, there are more better skills needed for a mage especially crowd control than a heal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    I wonder which top guilds those are? In fact, as far as I know, mages get a warning and a potential kick for using heal in pve, not for not using it in most if not all top guilds
    That is really shocking that you haven't noticed it since you have been around longer then I have.
    And do you really pug or you play in selected parties only?
    Any guild that kicks players for their play style is not a guild worth being in.
    Any mage CAN USE heal in NORMAL EASY maps as long as he is able to do his job. But if he keeps dying, I ask them to switch to shield, not that they listen. For ELITE maps, NO heal at all. My on mage will stand and argue with any other mage using heal.
    This is a never-ending topic. On one side there are those who always want to use heal & on the other side there are those who believe mage should never use heal.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bonjovi3223 For This Useful Post: