Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Concerning end game players....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bonjovi3223 View Post
    That is really shocking that you haven't noticed it since you have been around longer then I have.
    And do you really pug or you play in selected parties only?
    Any guild that kicks players for their play style is not a guild worth being in.
    Any mage CAN USE heal in NORMAL EASY maps as long as he is able to do his job. But if he keeps dying, I ask them to switch to shield, not that they listen. For ELITE maps, NO heal at all. My on mage will stand and argue with any other mage using heal.
    This is a never-ending topic. On one side there are those who always want to use heal & on the other side there are those who believe mage should never use heal.
    I would prefer mages to use four attack skills, no shield no heal, for normal maps (especially for farming KM, Wilds, or KT XP runs where it's more profitable to run fast and mages can just blast away, leaving dead and dying mobs on the way to boss), but I can tolerate some healing here (just not heal combo'd with shield which is just lazy). But yea, heal in elite... I pug'd a lot of elite Wilds recently and the number of mages who clutched healing flower there is appalling especially since they didn't have Frost Bolt to freeze the shaman, something I as a rogue appreciate more.

My real beef with strictly pve mages keeping heal is that I think those skills points are better spent on some of the more useful masteries.

The saddest and most pathetic thing is seeing mages at level 30 and lower run around with the flower. My low level warrior alt pug his way in events and I wondered what these flower mages had to sacrifice to grow that embarrassing monstrosity. One or two of them just spam gun (or staff, from a distance) and rush in to heal every once in a while. Mages had it easy last Goblin even, all the bosses are soloable if only they know what to do. Seen from this perspective these Florence Nightingale mages are very sad indeed.
    Last edited by ilhanna; 05-31-2016 at 12:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Mages are like a support for their team. We need them to stun mobs (tho warriors can do that but mages really has many stun skills), we need them to slow down enemies and all. Including giving mana.

Hmm, but yea I also hate those players who keeps on saying "Mana mana" then I was just like, "cant u heal your self? I bet you also have gold to provide enough potions"

Me my self, Rogue, we don't usually use med packs, and use our own potions. And it's fine to us if the mage has healing skill or doesn't have. We can manage tho. But as much as possible, in a team, a warrior must heal us. Lol. Nvm if we can provide. If not, go and get gold for your potions!

It's hard to bring a player in a map if doesn't have potions and just waiting for the team to heal them. Then if they'll die, they'll blame us for it. And they don't even have Ankhs especially in difficult maps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PERSEVERANCE and HARDWORK Propels SUCCESS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Seems like a one sided perspective.
    Health is the weekest side of mages and healtb regen helps mages.
    Arcanemonk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by control View Post
    Seems like a one sided perspective.
    Health is the weekest side of mages and healtb regen helps mages.
    Arcanemonk
    Sure, but using the heal skill draws unwanted aggro. So if spamming potions is needed, thats what we (most endgame mages) will do (also, our heal skill has a cooldown, while potions probably do, but probably around 0.5s)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

And lets not forget the cream of it all.
    "Can you borrow me 5k for pots my gold is in stash".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

For people with HEAL.

Having the healing/mana skill for mages is optional, it depends on your playstyle.
    I don't mind getting free mana every (x) seconds or a clock falling from the sky. It's up to you, so don't feel bad if you have heal, it does work and it's nothing wrong with it.
    Last edited by Pillowhead; 05-31-2016 at 06:37 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pillowhead For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

No pillow ,heal sucks in pve period. Why u rogues keep sayin u like mana when we mages keep explanin why heal sucks? Not much different from mana beggers

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Thankfully, a new pet system is comming. Nexus' and jack's ability may come in handy again when combined with mana regen happiness bonus.

PS: My L46 rogue have only 1500+ mana, the Combat Medic skill mastery is such a blessing

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Not talking abt easy maps or easy elites and i agree everyone must feel free to play following his own play style and having fun overall.

That's being said, life-giver has 2 big issues:
    1) Too long cool-down and 2) Tons of aggro.

Timing lifegiver gives a lot of problems and is an utopia say "it works" in hard elite!
    There's much more skill in spamming pots than in timing lifegiver just to replenish allies mana which will be drained fast, anyway... and guess what? lifegiver is still in cooldown if the mage has survived the aggro ofc.
    The results? Allies has to spam mana and healing pots, mage probably is spamming healing pots like a devil trying to survive, the crowd is still there.
    Nty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

I'm still 100% behind my original point, if you run maps screaming at the mages to give you manna..well just quit ..for the love of cake just quit..

Except befs , I expect him to fallow me around and give me manna even if I'm standing in camp for hours..or I will pick him up and shake him like a British nanny!

The thin line between entertainment and war
    There'll be no shelter here

12. The Following User Says Thank You to konafez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

You will never be competitive in timed runs as a mage with heal or shield except maybe now shield in underhul maps. I haven't tried to run yet. The time you lose from not using 4 attack skills will instantly put you out of the race.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by konafez View Post
    I'm still 100% behind my original point, if you run maps screaming at the mages to give you manna..well just quit ..for the love of cake just quit..

Except befs , I expect him to fallow me around and give me manna even if I'm standing in camp for hours..or I will pick him up and shake him like a British nanny!
    The mages have put out a hit on you. You may just end up sleeping with the fishes.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bonjovi3223 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I would say 90% of mages out there was wanna-be warriors, i.e. they look like mages but all they do is shield/protect themselves and zap things. There is absolutely no cc.

This is fine in easy normal maps, but makes elite Underhul maps much more difficult than they need to be. When you run w/ a proper cc mage, you will know right away when a normal, non-cc mage runs with you -- everyone dies more, including that mage; easy mob groups suddenly very difficult. So yes, when I see one of these "mages" in Elites, I do say something. I try to make it a suggestion -- hey, can you freeze some mobs? but after the goblin event, I no longer make it a suggestion. It is now "crowd control, stupid mage".

So no, I don't want my mages healing or being bubbles if they do not need to. I'd rather have them stopping mobs so we can *yawn* deal with them at our leisure.

Star light, star bright...

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kharjojo View Post
    Not talking abt easy maps or easy elites and i agree everyone must feel free to play following his own play style and having fun overall.

That's being said, life-giver has 2 big issues:
    1) Too long cool-down and 2) Tons of aggro.

Timing lifegiver gives a lot of problems and is an utopia say "it works" in hard elite!
    There's much more skill in spamming pots than in timing lifegiver just to replenish allies mana which will be drained fast, anyway... and guess what? lifegiver is still in cooldown if the mage has survived the aggro ofc.
    The results? Allies has to spam mana and healing pots, mage probably is spamming healing pots like a devil trying to survive, the crowd is still there.
    Nty
    True. And if you're a warrior who has to concentrate on timing your long cd taunt skills to keep mobs turned to you, having a mage heal and watching the mobs you have taunted turn to chase said mage, well... There's no word.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

When mobs/boss chase said mage and reset because said mage is running away, down the hall... Nope, no words. And mage then says you should hold aggro...

Oh, ignore at end I guess.

Or maybe mage heal shouldn't attract that much aggro? It's just a tree, stupid mobs!
    Last edited by Fyrce; 05-31-2016 at 04:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Journal of a Mage: Day 38

Konafez continues to force me to give him mana. It seems now that there is no escaping this prison of green light, and small saplings. It's gotten to the point that every time I see a tree, I lay down, curl up into the fetal position, and break down in tears. Thankfully, Konafez seems to have some sort of a life in the real world, and is not always online. However, despite his absence, there are still others who abuse me, and force me to give them what little mana I have. By the time I return to my little smurf home, I am completely drained, so when my surf children ask me to entertain them with magic tricks, I cannot. In fact, I believe my smurf wife has begun seeing this smurf named Jerry, who lives down the road due to this.

#ManaIsNotFree

#BuyAPotionSaveALife
    Ign - Coolguymage

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Befs For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

My mage has heal with upgrades for mana and 8m range. I actually enjoy the times I am able to support my team (in addition to stunning and dealing damage) by replenishing mana and sometimes even saving a life! I keep heal mainly for myself, so that I have unlimited mana and health, but the support thing is a bonus and I watch the health/mana bars of others and give them anytime someone runs low. Another STS game, Star Legends, is a great example of how the "mage" class was done right. I am a big proponent of being powerful enough to solo. In that game, you could, but the roles were much more well defined and it made it much more fun to run with a balanced team. You wouldn't even THINK of having an Engineer (the sorcerer equivalent) without the healing skills - the other classes truly relied on you. And you needed what they brought to the table too. It was much more balanced between classes, and because I got accustomed to that, I tend to think that way in this game too. And you can call me gimped if you want, but it doesn't feel that way to me. I have one of each class, all level 50 or over, and my sorcerer is the overall most powerful and certainly my favorite toon to play.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to e5c4p3artist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Lets just say i love, as a mage, hearing that the elite mob run is faster w my mage than w my rogue. And I hate seeing, when I am rogue, that for most mages out there, it is NOT faster to run with them in the party; that my rogue (unfortunately? fortunately?) can do both cc and damage better than the usual mage. And no, none of those mages will believe that they slow down the party or could decrease overall deaths.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Usually i wont use heal if my enemy just mobs, but boss? Sure im heal sometimes if my teammates dying alots of times, but i hate when someone say MANA!! to a mage, when a mage not using heal thats mean the mage should use potion for mana too, not only the one who shout at mage, i myself usually use alot of mana pot in elites and sometimes during fast run in normal, if in arena? Well look at the boss first. I think its about how you matching yourself with your teammates conditions depends on thier skill play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Befs View Post
    Journal of a Mage: Day 38

Konafez continues to force me to give him mana. It seems now that there is no escaping this prison of green light, and small saplings. It's gotten to the point that every time I see a tree, I lay down, curl up into the fetal position, and break down in tears. Thankfully, Konafez seems to have some sort of a life in the real world, and is not always online. However, despite his absence, there are still others who abuse me, and force me to give them what little mana I have. By the time I return to my little smurf home, I am completely drained, so when my surf children ask me to entertain them with magic tricks, I cannot. In fact, I believe my smurf wife has begun seeing this smurf named Jerry, who lives down the road due to this.

#ManaIsNotFree

#BuyAPotionSaveALife
    OK mister! That's going on your permanent sas record!

The thin line between entertainment and war
    There'll be no shelter here

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to konafez For This Useful Post: