Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: UI feedback and use case request

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Default UI feedback and use case request

The latest client had some UI changes. Some like them, some don't, but we needed to move to a more modular system to allow for the expansion of items and categories in the game.

That being said, we'd love to tune it better with how you use them. This is a request for specific feedback. Please let us know:

- How you are using a particular function, and why the current setup no longer works.
    - A suggestion for tweaks that would improve upon the current layout.

Thanks in advance for keeping this a focused and drama-free thread!

- g
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

My problem is that it takes too long to get to a certain item, That said it always had been for me because i'm on pc so i can't just click on it with my finger.

Instead of having to click on "Equipment" and the having to click on one of the other 2. Just have 3 bars going across with "Equipment" "Vanity" "Other" It will save much more time!

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

I have 2 minor issues with the change in UI that was made. I've also taken into consideration a natural resistance to change with this as well...

1. Chests, particularly the consumables we have now: shaman effigy, cryo star gems, and all of the elixirs we use in combat (and seemingly becoming more and more required as the game moves forward) are something I consider to be part of our equipment because of how much we need to use them. It would be nice to have these readily available in the heat of battle on the first screen we open (and formerly defaulted to the chests tab) so we can quickly have access to our buffing items. Spending the time to select chests through a drop down menu then selecting the chests tab and then using the elixir we wish to use spends enough time for us to be killed by the enemies we are facing.

2. Minor quality of life issue: toggled "highest to lowest" option in CS rather than 2 separate buttons. Before we had a button for each highest to lowest and lowest to highest for both level and price. I prefer this over the 1 button toggle we have now. I used the filters and would use the lowest to highest button multiple times in a row to refresh the items in the list. Now that there is just 1 button to toggle and no other means of refreshing the CS listed items, it takes more clicks to get the same result. I would like to either see the old way we had it (2 buttons, one each for high to low and low to high) or the addition of a "refresh" button that refreshes the list of CS items based on your current filters.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DarrenPR For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

All have been said above. Nothing to add

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I like the old way of inventory too. Easy to swap equipment after checking the chest or jewels

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ladymage View Post
    I like the old way of inventory too. Easy to swap equipment after checking the chest or jewels
    I understand, but we needed to modify the old way. What would be helpful is if you could elaborate on your use case (how would you tap through swapping equipment and checking jewels)?

Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

1 - Like registering pets as favorites. As the picture below. I have pets too pets that makes low level pets are difficult to summon.

Name:  top pet1.png
Views: 1211
Size:  536.7 KBName:  top pet2.png
Views: 1232
Size:  597.2 KB

2 - Another thing is to sell jewels of the same type. I do not want nature and water in my inventory.

3 - Maybe leave the decorations home in vanity is the best thing to do. This leaves the interface almost like the old days.

4 - A load skill on the game screen for me would be good. This is the point of view of my mage, I have to change many times my skills. You can put the user or not put this as emoticons.

Name:  ulr7A7I.png
Views: 1219
Size:  1,006.6 KBName:  54Syhma.png
Views: 1186
Size:  1,009.4 KB

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to soon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

In the UI, I mostly use the quick weapon/gear loadouts and opening chests (Orc Effigy or that new temporary powerup crafted from small/med/large fragments).

So my scenario is:

I start the level. The UI in the dropdown combo box is "Equipment". Now I have to select "Other". I open my 2 chests.

I run the level, i get to the boss, I want to switch my loadout for my "Boss" setup but the loadout is unavailable because the dropdown combobox is still under "Other". Now I have to switch "Other" back to "Equipment", select my "Boss" loadout. I have my loadout setup but most likely by this time, the boss has killed me and I have to ankh revive hopefully reviving in a safe spot or I revive again.

My request, at the least, is when you close the Inventory screen, the dropdown box resets back to "Equipment" rather than staying in "Other" or whatever the last used selection was.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I actually was never super comfortable w the previous UI. There was something not quite right about it. However, I was used to it, so w the new UI, I would have to pause, remember to select tabs, etc. However, after checking 20+ inventories and auctions yesterday, I am pretty used to the new UI. I must say it feels more comfortable to use than the old one. Something about the way it works fits my mental categories. I did do some giving, no toon-to-toon trading yet, but right now it feels comfortable. It took a little bit to get used to the tabs, but now I select them automatically and have even learned to "park" them for zones. In zone changes will take a bit more work before I get used to them.

Star light, star bright...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

As I said earlier put the home decorations (furnishing) in Vanity. And let the elixir / chest and craft items in the old location

Name:  Captura de tela de 2016-06-03 19:57:50-1.png
Views: 1194
Size:  461.9 KB

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to soon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

When running maps, I open elixirs for myself and effigy and awakening gems for the team at the beginning of a map. Since we have lixes running, we rush to do the killing. When we get to boss, I need to swap to my luck loadout, but then I am the Others tab, so I need to click my way thru the dropbox to go to my equipment and then click my loadout. Oftentimes we run out of buffs midfight, so I utilize the time jardis transforms to refresh buffs. By time I'm done, boss is already active so I need to fight and pot my way again, until boss is almost dead and I need to equip luck again, but I'm stuck on the Others tab once again. By the time I get my lep on, boss is probably dead and so am I.

So here are my thoughts.

1. Return to original UI and label tabs as Equipment and Others. Others can contain vanity and furniture. Crafting materials and chests are part of our active gameplay, so let them remain where they used to be.

2. Maintain current UI, but...
    - make a new category on the equipment page for KITS: elixirs, energy, effigies and awakening gems
    - have inventory open to equipment page by default, not on the last page we opened (I've been victimized by my vanity page a lot since update, I want to switch to luck loadout and instead change costumes for boss kill)

3. Return the option for us to "override" the animation when opening kits and chests. It takes too long to spam boss chests while clearing inventory, and the few seconds also causes death when we open a luck kit at the boss.

4. The toggle button for price in cs is more confusing than the previous one. I often have to click several times to get jt right. I don't think we really need the toggle button for the levels, I found the min/max level more convenient for finding what I want specifically.

Thanks for listening!
    Last edited by Ticklish; 06-03-2016 at 07:07 PM.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ticklish For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I mostly use equipment loadouts, to load equipment we need three step, my suggestion is to add a toggle button to switch between equipment set 1 to 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bangke View Post
    I mostly use equipment loadouts, to load equipment we need three step, my suggestion is to add a toggle button to switch between equipment set 1 to 2
    Yes plz put it on the HUD. It would be nice to swap to lepre quickly before the boss dies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Name:  Dwm 2016-06-04 06-56-01-32_1_resize.jpg
Views: 1098
Size:  31.6 KB
    or if you want to save more space
    Name:  Dwm 2016-06-04 06-56-01-32_2_resize.jpg
Views: 1121
Size:  29.4 KB
    Name:  Dwm 2016-06-04 07-56-14-24_1_resize.jpg
Views: 1082
Size:  34.9 KB
    Last edited by Cactus; 06-03-2016 at 08:06 PM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cactus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Would be awesome can quickly change our skills loadouts on HUD, like we can select emotes..
    Exemple: guildmate calling for help in pvp, so we click on "trade skill build" and go!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Please bring back Higher and lower price button....
    This signature has been removed for violation of forums TOS.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingslaughter For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Similar to what Ravager and Spell mentioned, but I have a minor issue with load outs.
    If I have something saved to quick change, and it has both vanities and equipment the load out only changes what inventory drop down menu is currently on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

current setup is working, but it's simply not intuitive enough, number of steps needed to do something increase a lot, making transferring items, using items or equipping items need click/tap back to the combo box, + the segregation/differentiation you made between max inventory for gears and chest, max inventory for crafting materials, max inventory of furnitures and max stash makes it more complicated and confusing... also the differentiation between vanity loadout and equipment loadout

my suggestion:
    1. combine loadout, and make more loadout slot
    2. combine max inventory, increase stash capacity
    3. items grouping for chest type, and crafting materials, you don't need to change the database, just change the view
    4. shared pet stable

my suggestion layout:
    i introduced an item type window here, that should be scrollable, and the position where it was scrolled before should be remembered in stash, trade, auction, and inventory menu, and keep it remembered in an account, between shared toons

1. stash
    the general idea i'd like to emphasize is here the balance/symmetry between stash and inventory, so in left side are everything about stash and things you want to do with items you selected in your stash, mid window is the item type window, right window is everything about your inventory

2. inventory
    the general idea here, is left side is everything about your character and general in inventory, loadout and satchel, middle window is the item type window, right top is everything you can do related to type item you have selected, right middle is list of items you have on selected type, bottom right is everything you can do on selected item

3. auction
    left side for item type, top side for criteria
    Last edited by extrapayah; 06-04-2016 at 01:27 AM.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to extrapayah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

My statement will be just like the others. About the Inventory.

How about, if we bought items for our house, it'll be automatically put in the "Owned" section inside the house when we are about to decorate.

And if we want to sell some decorations, then just click "Put in inventory" and it'll be in the Chest Section.

This is just to save time when we're on rush whenever we want to change something in our characters. There's a time when we're fighting mobs and I just can't find my Shaman or Cryostar Essence for buff, it took me seconds before I could click it.

And it's more confusing. I wish we could have return the previous style of auction, stash and inventory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ansm; 06-04-2016 at 02:28 AM.
    PERSEVERANCE and HARDWORK Propels SUCCESS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Or, maybe we can use old inventory system before belt introduced, theres 5 buttons on left side, then make 5 too on right side.
    Name:  Arcane-Legends-Inventory (1).jpg
Views: 747
Size:  94.5 KB

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dfortuner47 For This Useful Post: