Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: UI feedback and use case request

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The new inventory greatly undesirable. Too many clicks. The old inventory much simpler and faster to access an item.

Also, the housing should be based on a "Guild Village" where guildies can choose their spot to build their houses. Guildies can contribute items to develop their village instead of just their houses.

Lastly, "Guild Village" contest.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Echo Starz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

First off, the new inventory UI is fine,but not for right now because the previous UI was a whole lot easier and faster and theres just not enough stuff for this new UI to be justifiable. Also, if this is the new UI that you want to really stick with, then add more things to make certain tasks even easier besides just an equipment button. I would say have the gear and vanity slots stay in the equipment section and have the other just be its entirely own section. This new UI can also be a good time to add in even more things like maybe a search bar, a favorited pets section, or just an entire section dedicated to an entirely new array of unique items ready to be put into our inventories like equippable emotes that we can swap out and display and use from the emotes menu on the HUD. This new UI can really be convenient for players if more things were added to this. For right now, lets have the old UI back and when you guys come up with a way to make this new UI even more convenient, then bring this new UI back.

Also, speaking of inventory, we really need a quick-equip system added. This can just be an expandable menu (like emotes) displayed on the HUD and just consists of all the current presets for vanities and gear. This would really help out a lot and encourage more use of the preset system. Because of this,also try considering increasing the number of preset slots to 5 or 6. An example of this is in the pictures below:
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 06-04-2016 at 06:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

Switching categories equipment/vanities/other in stash and in give always shows the weapons. This is very confusing, it should be modified so that every category shows the upper sub category like weapons/equipment, vanities/vanity weapons and other/crafting materials. That would make orientation easier.
    Last edited by Faliziaga; 06-04-2016 at 06:14 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Faliziaga For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

The new UI gives disadvantage to people who play via phone or tab specially if he/she aren't fast enough or has slow reflexes so playing experience is not pleasant anymore, unlike for people who use chrome with mouse and keyboard or some via gamepads who doesn't have any problem with this new UI so yeah some like it some don't you can't please anyone since everyone has different limits as a human beings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Umm,, I just realize,, all we need is easy access for changing/using/finding equipments, elixirs, kits, chests and crafting materials right ? Maybe just move crafting materials and chests buttons to equipment page, that way no need to change that drop down menu.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Would be great if we only have to click 2 tab i like it, please consider including the house decor under the vanity tab(previous client inv UI)
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dfortuner47 View Post
    Or, maybe we can use old inventory system before belt introduced, theres 5 buttons on left side, then make 5 too on right side.
    Attachment 151918
    This is best suggestion I ever seen!
    Thank u for this great design, I hope they sts guys can do something like this!

Послато са GT-I9300 уз помоћ Тапатока

10. The Following User Says Thank You to johnycageee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Takes way to much time to get to the item you want ( like effigies , cryogems , elixirs , atk , atk .)

Place chests back into gear section , and bring back up and down buttons in ac , all I want XD .

( My editing app decided to take a nap , I poked it with a hammer but it didn't work , so no pics for now :/ )

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gouiwaa9000 View Post
    Takes way to much time to get to the item you want ( like effigies , cryogems , elixirs , atk , atk .)

Place chests back into gear section , and bring back up and down buttons in ac , all I want XD .

( My editing app decided to take a nap , I poked it with a hammer but it didn't work , so no pics for now :/ )
    And plus remember effigies and cryogems luck elix etc.. are all the way down specially if u have lots of crafted energy kits saved for upcoming events so more in the delay part.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nightmaresmoke View Post
    And plus remember effigies and cryogems luck elix etc.. are all the way down specially if u have lots of crafted energy kits saved for upcoming events so more in the delay part.
    This is actually a very big problem currently & before this new UI. Most of the elixirs & effigies are stacked right at the bottom of tons of saved up energy kits. The process of scrolling through all the way down and especially in laggy conditions is very frustrating.
    What ticklish has mentioned & suggested in an earlier post is pretty comprehensive of the status quo & its fixes. I will add to it in my words.
    Adding chests under equipment will definitely solve part of the current problem. A further problem is having to scroll through the tons of items in there to get to elixirs. Maybe a grouping of similar items would fix this as we have mentioned it many times before. Grouping needs to be applied to both crafting materials & chests.
    If grouping is not currently possible, then make a totally new tab of elixirs only under the equipment section with effigies & that cryo gem buff in it as well. Energy kits should remain under chests.
    Add the highest & lowest button for price in the CS. With the new type, it gets confusing if u have actually attained your desired result. If a person has not checked this carefully them they may end up thinking the highest price is lowest or vice versa. Sometimes even the lowest price is pretty high.
    Opening chests animation needs to be reverted to its old self, where by we could skip the viewing of all items that drop from a chest by tapping on the screen.
    One more thing. Could you increase the number of loadouts of equipment by another 1 or 2. My dmg gears are not very helpful in the harder elites & I may need to have a more defensive set for such maps. Then I have my lepre loadout & also speed set loadout. And I need a naked one to be able to transfer certain gear pieces to other toons. The current loadouts aren't enough.
    Phew....long post...imma go game now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Yes, opening animations, receiving animations - please revert these to when we could skip them. I nelieve that had been a fix before. Seeing the animations really slows everything down. I wouldnt mind if there werea different way to select elixirs, potions and buffs on the hud - maybe the potion purchase button next to hp/mp pots can be more useful than just showing our elixirs.

Star light, star bright...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Hello. I believe that the new arrange of buttons requieres a learning process for those who used the old version. Overall is great and I don't have big issues with it but I think there should be a reset to the Equipements tab everytime you get out of the Inventory screen. The main reason for this is that Eauioements is the most used tab for everybody, specially when one is farming a boss and close to the end you want to change your setup to for example Arlorian Ring and Leprechaun Pendant for a chance to re-roll. Unfortunaly, the Inventory screen always stay in the last tab you've been taking time of a quick change. Another option could be a 3 tab row but with just icons to save space and a better look, so instead of just Equipements and Vanities, we have now Equipements, Vanities and Others in just one screen. Apply some fade to the screens also, theh are now completely bold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    Attachment 151908
    or if you want to save more space
    Attachment 151909
    Attachment 151910
    This, plus pls put crafting and chest back in equipment. And furniture can go into vanities.
    Last edited by tafg; 06-04-2016 at 02:21 PM. Reason: forgot something

18. The Following User Says Thank You to tafg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

The essential issue with the new UI is that of usability. An action-based game requires quick actions from the player. The previous version of the UI was already cumbersome, but the new UI's drop down menu format added significant complexity to gameplay operations.

This issue also delves into design intent. When the leprechaun pendant was originally designed, did developers expect it to be worn at all times? Probably not, since the original pre-crafting leps were level 1, had ONLY a luck stat and had no slots for gems/jewels. Over time design elements were added to the game that increased the need to access the inventory during gameplay. Arlorian rings, tradable elixirs that resided in the 'chest' slot, and gear loadouts.

Intended or not, AL design evolution is such that, in order to achieve maximum loot at minimum cost, industrious players are required to access their inventories as fast as possible - often at the most 'dangerous' moments during gameplay. It requires 2 taps just to get to inventory (or just "I" on chrome) then you have to locate the correct slot and sometimes scroll through items. By the time the player is done tapping about like a chicken hunting for food, the action is often over or the player is dead.

Here's what I think may resolve the situation:

Good Fix: Add another drop down menu item, designated "Quick"
    * Place the most frequently used slots under Quick, including Chest, Craft, and Gear Loadouts. Maybe Ring and Amulet also?
    * Other menu items stay the same, also meaning that Chest, Craft and Gear Loadouts still appear in their respective menus.
    * Whenever Inventory is accessed, it always defaults to Quick regardless of what the player had accessed previously.

Better Fix: Everything from Good plus...
    * Make the Quick menu item customizable
    * Players could choose whichever slots they'd want quick access to. Yaaa!
    * Separate consumable elixirs from the chest slot into their own slot

Best Fix: Everything from Good and Better plus...
    * Correct the functionality of the Elixir button to allow players to use elixirs in inventory
    * Finding an elixir right now often requires scrolling through 100+ items :/
    * Elixirs in inventory supercede the plat option
    * When all elixirs of a type are consumed, it defaults to the plat purchase or disappears from the list

Ultimate Fix: Everything from Good, Better and Best plus...
    * Add a Gear Loadout button or at least an Inventory button somewhere on the main screen
    * Players create epic YouTube ballads about developer Spacetime Studios
    Last edited by Niixed; 06-04-2016 at 04:32 PM.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

well
    it seem you guys won't roll it to the old one
    but Cactus edit is good it you won't roll it to the old one
    -
    plaese bring back the lower/higher button
    imagine us trying to buy locked.. or jewels..
    we can't go always to the lowest.. it goes the highest then lowest
    very bad
    same with gear.. everytime i wanna cs it bring me down to level 1 gear
    -
    and be4 it was eaiser to open buff/elixers/switch to lepre
    I really hope you guys can change it really really soon
    i don't even use cs as be4.. much harder now.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Saud For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nightmaresmoke View Post
    THIS is also affecting me.
    What if you separate elixirs/potions/lotions, effigy like stuffs from chests?
    BTW I suggest to collect crafted energy kits to one space, like energy essence.

BTW I experienced high ping spikes and very frquent DC with this new UI, especially in the last 24 hours.
    Who has similar problem?

Tapatalkkal küldve az én SM-G903F eszközömről

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Im happy about this thread, thanks developers to give us the opportunity to discuss game issues. Its great to be heard, and this game support is always present with the players.

The inventory reflects directly in the gameplay, its time to make us life easier.
    The whole problem comes because the new setup requires more taps.

You could fix it by

- add 2 new icons on the main screen, one to automatically change gears loadouts and another to automatically change skills loadouts. Without the necessity to open the inventory in the middle of the gameplay

- make the elixir button on the main screen show up all the consumables items in ur inventory. This way by just 2 clicks will be possible to use luck elixirs, effigys, cryo buffs and etc Without the necessity to open the inventory in the middle of the gameplay. Actually this just works for plat users buy elixirs, kind useless to the majority of the players.

About the inventory setup itself, equipment could englobe crafts and chest. At vanity u can put furniture.
    The craft slot are really hard to mess. What do you think about stack jewels like the essences? I find diamond and water jewels useless for me, this way they are like a trash spam. Or maybe add a way to delete jewels selecting the type.

Enviado de meu XT1523 usando Tapatalk
    Last edited by Felipe Pereira; 06-04-2016 at 08:10 PM.
    IGN: Granitoide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    Attachment 151908
    or if you want to save more space
    Attachment 151909
    Attachment 151910
    IMO this looks great ^
    I believe it solves most of the problems, the current menu bar makes it slower to swab between ex elixirs and buffs to weapons and lepre.

Furthermore i think it would be greatly appreciated if jewels and other items in the crafting section stacked, and mabye all items in the other categories too, to prevent endless scrolling through items your weren't looking for.
    Example below:
    Name:  Skćrmbillede 2016-06-05 kl. 13.06.59.png
Views: 231
Size:  28.5 KB
    Name:  Skćrmbillede 2016-06-05 kl. 13.07.29.png
Views: 228
Size:  51.9 KB

And then also the option of selling all our water jewels at once, exemplified with selling arcane parchments
    Name:  Skćrmbillede 2016-06-05 kl. 13.07.57.png
Views: 232
Size:  125.8 KB
    The "Sell all" option.

All these things would IMO make it easier, more convenient and time saving to find the item, get an idea og how many of item xx you have, and speed up the process of clearing jewels after farming tombs. Currently people are dumping them on each other since its faster to spam the "give" button than deleting one by one.
    Collector of items for all classes.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to DK For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    I understand, but we needed to modify the old way. What would be helpful is if you could elaborate on your use case (how would you tap through swapping equipment and checking jewels)?

Thanks!
    JustG use the old ways of inventory and auction/CS.... why dont u add the furniture section under vanity area, i believe there was still space there for one or two more 'items' add furniture there... and i too want the highest and lowest buttons for CS

umm i dislike the bright orange GUI but thats my opinion, i guess ill get used to it.... also no crafting video thing, but ill get used to that, could u please do the above though?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    I understand, but we needed to modify the old way. What would be helpful is if you could elaborate on your use case (how would you tap through swapping equipment and checking jewels)?

Thanks!
    Here is my use case
    I went to auction to sell jewels
    Then I went to dungeon to fight boss,
    At the boss, I want to switch to my luck equipment, too slow, I got killed by the boss, or the boss has been killed by my teammates