Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Nerf korruption!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelia View Post
    For every issue you've mentioned,
    If both teams are using equivalent number of korruption,
    I still don't see how it becomes a problem.

We both know negative cancels out negative.

You want balance?
    This is about as balanced as it gets.
    About as balanced as it gets was before the goblin event. And 2 wrongs dont make a right. Using a broken pet to fight against a broken pet doesnt mean the pet is no longer broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye229 View Post
    I predict the pets aa was made for the new pet system.

This pet was not free.

You find a pet that challenges you and you instantly want a nerf.

See someone using korruption?use yours.

Alot of what was said is super situational.

Go put korruption aa in your pets.gg, and not that hard.
    You are one of the people who was up in arms to prevent rogues being buffed. So we all know how much you care for balance: not at all

This pet doesnt challenge me, i havent lost a clash in i dont even know how long. But it makes pvp absolutely stupid.

Winning in pvp requires teamwork and individual player skill to kill your enemies before they kill you and/or surviving longer than your enemies. When a single pet prevents both of those entirely its no longer pvp. You cant survive longer than enemies when tank healing/jugg, mage heal and pack heal over time is canceled. You cant kill your enemies faster than they kill you when nobody on your team has any mana to use skills.

AND TO Eagle Eye
    I challenge you to set up a 5v5 clash with anybody on either team. Make it somewhat even gear/skill wise. Let the other team use 3 korruption and atleast a nekro, your team use whatever u want except korruption. Post the scores here and come tell everyone korruption hasnt broken pvp. Til then gtfo and go find another game to oppose obviously needed buffs/nerfs/alterations

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lawpvp For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Dynamic gameplay full of choices? Rofl.
    I've just watched several clash video taken before th introduction of korruption.
    And all I primarily see is nekro + sns stacking.

I'd hardly call 2 pets "dynamic gameplay".
    The only difference right now is korruption in place of sns.

Might I remind you sns is about 2 years old now? Not exactly wut I'd consider a recent pet.

Hammerjaw came out in end 2012 (if I recall right),
    Nightshade in goblin event 2014.
    Nightshade > hammerjaw

Sns came out in elondrian event 2014,
    Korruption in goblin event 2016.
    Korruption > sns

I don't really see how your point about pet longevity (before it becomes outdated) holds water.

Sns pools can stack,
    And there's no pet that heals hp the rate sns drains it.
    There's no clear counter, at least not until Korruption.
    Your most likely talking about terroshock vids or ziix, just so you know I play with does types of player's and before we even clash we set up rules such as a "No korruption clash". Reasons why, korruption unbalances PvP and takes away the fun of it, when playing with this pet tanks will hardly last and if tanks falls before DPS does, we all should know what will happen next. Tanks are built to last and support the team, takes DMG for the team. With out Juggernaut or any heal over time a tank wouldn't even last 4 seconds on one pool, now players are stacking it and over using the pet. And it has taken away everthing a tank was made for.
    Last edited by Youngwezzy209; 06-07-2016 at 08:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

So enough said this pet must get nerfed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Youngwezzy209 View Post
    So enough said this pet must get nerfed.
    This thread has been on fire today for 4 pages of comments and no comments by sts. It'd be nice to hear their thoughts on this matter. Seems like all points have been made

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Binlaggin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

This pet is alrdy useless on pve, make it useless in pvp too yep

8. The Following User Says Thank You to xutreuqux For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

The solution might be: not cancel but reduce heal effect and prevent corruptions to be stacked. Other things are ok with this pet.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Upperbound For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    The pet negates main skills of classes. Sns didn't. I'm prob in those clash videos that you watch and Sns rarely kills anything anymore. Sns is best for stats not aa. I have all the pets that you mention. I also haven't lost a korruption clash yet. It's not difficult to beat. Same bad players behind pets. But it's stupid. I'm also a Mage and it doesn't bother me much at all in clash. But the pet that everyone has is negating an entire class. It's negating a tanks ability to tank. No pet should do that. The closest pet to this one has been breeze. I've fought with and against all new pets since I started playing. There is something wrong with this one. The pet is broken. It needs adjustment. Why they fixed stampy being able to banish korruption pools? But the banish doesn't work bc the effect lingers on. This is not the way it should work. The only requisite to use this pet is to own it . There are plenty of Sns users that use the pet poorly. You need no skill at all to pull and korruption. Again this isn't coming from me losing to it bc I don't. This is objective look at a pet that is negating classes. No other pet makes it so you can't use your skills. It's preposterous. There needs to be immunity built in when pets are ridiculously over powered. Just like nekro.
    Hang on, did you just say "sns is best for stats not aa"?

If that is indeed the case,
    Would you like to explain to me why exactly before pet augmentation, sns had a 6-7m price tag attached to it and munch mouth only 3-3.5m?

We all know mm has beast happiness bonus.
    Why then would anyone pay x2 the amount for a pet which isn't top in terms of its happiness bonus, and in your words "not best for aa" either?

Secondly, thank you for saying korruption isn't difficult to beat.
    For everyone who is scratching their heads for a way to work around this pet, I suggest you approach papa for strategies.

Next, "the only requisite to use this pet is to own it":
    That also applies to every other pet in game.
    Except, you've forgotten to mention pet feed (hai Bless and malison).

I'll address your concerns about the tank class in one of my upcoming post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    you wrote: 'I can name several other legendary pets that easily puts other arc. pets to shame.'

which arcane pets? samael was king of pvp that time and brothers whim pve.

You dont understand why a free for all pet better than all, "you play every day, farm lot/spent plats, you bought samael, maridos, nekro, sns whatever, but hey, we can give a free pet for everyone which is better than all these" its a big f you in the face from sts.
    You're contradicting yourself.

As you have pointed out, samael was king of pvp;
    And in its glory days, I highly concur.
    You also said nightshade "didn't ruin anything" when it was introduced.

So why then would you compare an op pet to another that isn't?

If you're looking for an example, you can clearly see I have placed nightshade in juxtaposition to hammerjaw in my previous reply to Kriticality. Both pets are not op, the basis for comparison is therefore fair.

In that same vein,
    For a game changer pet like sns,
    It naturally follows you need a pet equally powerful in its own rights like korruption.

I can't agree with your rationalisation.

Bottom line it seems your gripe is about korruption being a "free for all" pet. I shall address that in my reply to Binlaggin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Binlaggin View Post
    This is not balance.

People have spent 30, 40, 50 million in jewels, pets, gear, etc. People have spent countless hours farming for mythic sets to the point where they almost quit this game. Your idea of balance is that this should all be overpowered by a free legendary pet? That is not balance my friend. This is clearly an oversight. I highly doubt the devs would have intended for Korruption to work this way
    Wait a minute, so your gripe is that korruption is a free pet and of legendary rarity?

Well, wut if korruption was the event lb pet awarded during this goblin event instead (just as sns was in the 2014 elondrian event). Where in only about 30 eggs are in circulation, and once again only the rich peeps can afford to own one?

I question if the ppl presently asking for a nerf on korruption will remain the same. Honestly, I highly doubt it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amsosorry View Post
    Only way this game is is going to be balanced is that sts nerf korruption...now please listen...just listen i beg of...and i promise this will make it all clear...This pet (Korruption) AA nuffles heals which means "TANKS,WARRIORS" which are mainly know for surviving and taking dmg for your dps so you won't die as fast. Now how can we do that if there's a pet that cancels Warriors Juggernaut/heal what can we possibly do to stay alive???????????????????????? Oh i know how about tanks hide behind mages and let them absorb dmg for the team...till the pools run out hopefully he can last at least 10 seconds form 3k-10k criticals constantly being shot at he's 5k hp...tanks most likely won't be able to survive that with no heal over time to keep him alive would he?... Now my question is to you what would you suggest a warrior to do? I really would like to know...you must have a good answer since you said you don't see the problem here.
    "Mainly known for surviving and taking damage"?

You've forgotten to add that since the inception of arcane sword,
    Tanks are also well known for dealing an insane amount of dmg and making the kills.

"Till the pools run out hopefully ... Can last at least 10 seconds ... Most likely won't be able to survive."

You know that is the same exact concerns I have as a rogue being pulled into the lava pools spawned from a tank's arcane sword.
    Wut is even funnier, should such a concern exist in the first place when going up against a class that is (I quote you) "mainly known for surviving and taking dmg for the team"?

So please forgive me if I'm not about to start a pity party for tanks. I say it is high time they finally got a taste of their own medicine concerning pools + dying in and as a result of it.

I'll additionally highlight why I brought up the issue of arcane sword and its relevance to the topic in my subsequent post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    About as balanced as it gets was before the goblin event. And 2 wrongs dont make a right. Using a broken pet to fight against a broken pet doesnt mean the pet is no longer broken.
    I wouldn't say korruption is a "broken pet".
    But you know wut?
    If your team is outa mana, whoopee!
    So are your opponents.

When the opposing team is equally at the same disadvantaged situation as you are, how isn't this balance?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Youngwezzy209 View Post
    Korruption unbalances PvP and takes away the fun of it, when playing with this pet tanks will hardly last and if tanks falls before DPS does, we all should know what will happen next. Tanks are built to last and support the team, takes DMG for the team. With out Juggernaut or any heal over time a tank wouldn't even last 4 seconds on one pool, now players are stacking it and over using the pet. And it has taken away everthing a tank was made for.
    You can refer to my reply to Amsosorry regarding my thoughts on tanks' status quo.

Arcane sword unbalances pvp and takes away the fun of it. When playing against tanks, we dps will hardly last and if we get pulled into lava pools, we should know wut happens next. Tanks are not built to dish out high dmg nor make the kills. With arcane sword, no rogues would even last 4 seconds in the pools. Now tanks are stacking themselves and over using the arcane sword. It has taken everything a dps class represented and endowed upon tanks.

I'm in no way trying to derail this thread,
    My line of reasoning however is,
    If a weapon, the arcane sword, can radically redefine the purpose of a class, then I see little reason why not a pet (legendary rarity or otherwise).

You're essentially telling me that tanks turn to mush in less than 4 secs within the pools.

Then, here is an honest question to you:
    In a situation whereby
    1 tank + 3 dps (at least one rogue) VS
    3 tanks + 1 dps
    And both teams are using 3 korruptions, 1 nekro.

Who do you think will win?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Did no one notice that:

They give away mythic set for build up to underhul(pretty decent).

Now pet you EARNED (it wasn't free,you had to earn it...) that is competitive is available.

Maybe stg is trying to bridge the gap.

Along with now you can put korruptions aa into another pet(I'm sure that was thought of when he was made.)

It is all designed and stg already said they got new pets (and old) coming.

Leave korrupotion alone (maybe the smallest,Itty bitty shave off mana/tick.).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am a mage myself but i also find this pet really annoying since it a free pet now that players stack them, i really dont know how can anyone be against the nerf lol...imo korruption is a broken pet why should there be a pet that removes heal over times and drains mana like it noting, why do you think it ok just to stack a pet like that and be against it? Pvp is now completely ruined due to this pet
    Last edited by Brazzzx; 06-08-2016 at 08:41 AM.

Robhawk

Imho no pet should be able to cancel heal over time of any class! Also no pets passive or AA should be able to cancel juggernaut... this is without any doubt RIDICULOUS!

Let korruption do the mana drain like it does now, then its hard enough to get around it but the heal over time and jugger cancellation is just a bad joke! It would be a joke even as arcane pet but it was a nearly free event pet for everyone... omg!

ps: I have it too on 2 toons but i refuse to use this crap pet!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Robhawk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    Imho no pet should be able to cancel heal over time of any class! Also no pets passive or AA should be able to cancel juggernaut... this is without any doubt RIDICULOUS!

Let korruption do the mana drain like it does now, then its hard enough to get around it but the heal over time and jugger cancellation is just a bad joke! It would be a joke even as arcane pet but it was a nearly free event pet for everyone... omg!

ps: I have it too on 2 toons but i refuse to use this crap pet!
    I agree a pet that able to break through tanks jugg shouldn't be possible, now that players are stacking them there's no survivability/no mana letf in pvp. The pets needs to be nerfed nuff said

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

You're contradicting yourself.

As you have pointed out, samael was king of pvp;
    And in its glory days, I highly concur.
    You also said nightshade "didn't ruin anything" when it was introduced.

So why then would you compare an op pet to another that isn't?

If you're looking for an example, you can clearly see I have placed nightshade in juxtaposition to hammerjaw in my previous reply to Kriticality. Both pets are not op, the basis for comparison is therefore fair.

In that same vein,
    For a game changer pet like sns,
    It naturally follows you need a pet equally powerful in its own rights like korruption.

I can't agree with your rationalisation.

Bottom line it seems your gripe is about korruption being a "free for all" pet. I shall address that in my reply to Binlaggin.
    He is not contradicting himself. He is simply pointing out that comparing nightshade as being better than hammerjaw to korruption being better than sns is ripe with logical fallacies. His point is, and I agree, that nightshade being better than hammerjaw at that time is irrelevant simply because neither of those pets were used in PvP at all. Samael was the pet predominantly used. In the korruption vs sns case, korruption is actually used in PvP, as was SnS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Would you like to explain to me why exactly before pet augmentation, sns had a 6-7m price tag attached to it and munch mouth only 3-3.5m?

Why then would anyone pay x2 the amount for a pet which isn't top in terms of its happiness bonus, and in your words "not best for aa" either?

For everyone who is scratching their heads for a way to work around this pet, I suggest you approach papa for strategies.

Sigh Sns is not the best pet for stats. It's best used for the stats it grants is what I was saying. Sns stats are better than Sns aa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

SnS does not have the clear best AA in the game (PvP wise). Nekro does. Maybe korruption right now. The main reason most knowledgable players use SnS is because of the massive 13.5 crit, 15% damage and stat bonus. Yes, munch mouth has more armor, but you sacrifice 5% crit for it. Some mages do not want to make that sacrifice.

The reason people pay so much for SnS is because it can completely change PvE timed runs and just casual farming for the player and because it is a novelty pet, more so than munch mouth and nekro.

There are many ways to own a pet but not use it effectively. For example, SnS is best utilized in narrow areas. Someone who does not realize this may not be using it a effectively s someone who does. Nekro has a 5 second cooldown between shields. Someone who uses the AA while this cooldown is still in effect loses the biggest benefit of its AA. Korruption has side a large radius for its AA that it takes no skill to time the AA. Pet feed is an irrelevant point. If you can afford a 6m pet like munch mouth, you can afford to feed your pet.

25.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #80
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Just going to chime in that we are reading and following this thread, though we don't have any large comments at the moment while we discuss things about the pet.

Some things I can discuss:

- This week (6/9/16) we will be removing the initial manaburn impact of the pool, so there will be about 0.5 seconds for players to at least react and run before getting mana drained.

- We like the mana drain mechanic, we feel it makes for some strategic plays in PvP and it does have a counter in Stampy. We are debating whether the 10% mana drain is too much for a legendary pet. One of the things we want to preserve is that with multiple korruptions, a coordinated team can capaitalize on all of the korruption mana nukes at once rather than them ignoring the others for example.

- We have discussed the size of the effect being potentially too much in PvP. A reduction of about 20-25% of the area of effect has been discussed.

- We are discussing the functionality of the Heal Over Time prevention. At the moment this removes the heal over time completely as long as you are affected, but the affect drops off after about 0.5 seconds. There may be an adjustment here so that it prevents healing rather than removing the heal completely

So we are reading this and we are aware of the concerns, however we are trying to be careful in how we might adjust the pets ability given players worked hard to earn him during the event and we've put ourselves in troubling spots before overreacting to pet abilities and stats. There might be an adjustment coming, and it might be in one of the areas or some of the areas mentioned above but we're still discussing internally.

Feel free to comment whether you think any of these ideas have merit related to the concerns you are all conveying, but I make no promise that any of this will happen or will happen in the % amounts described above based on other factors. Everything is always subject to change.

- Carapace
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post: