Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Nerf korruption!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

well thats why its priced just goes up to 1m XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrea View Post
    Omg, stop this nerfing thread this pet is made for this kind of use and this is how this game is supposed to work, Deal With it.
    says the rogue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    No. It's likely ones that enjoy dynamic gameplay full of choices and don't enjoy having to use this pet to play. It almost identical to breeze. And people suggested the exact same thing with breeze. Mandatory stacking of a pink pet to even stand a chance or be able to play. The pet is ridiculous. It doesn't bother me that much. But it's stupid. There is no pet or skill that has mana regen at anywhere close to the rate that this pet drains it. It's broken. There isn't a clear counter. It should not be more valuable than an arcane pet unless a very old one. I don't mean price. I mean in functionality.

The pools should not be able to stack. There needs to be a cooldown similar to nekro. And it should not drain that fast. Nekro shield, jugg and arcane shield should all provide immunity to this effect. It would still be quite effective in the time between nekros similar to or in conjunction with a rush.

OR

Pick one. Either drain mana or nerf healing over time effects. Both together are too strong as it invalidates some of the most important skills in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dynamic gameplay full of choices? Rofl.
    I've just watched several clash video taken before th introduction of korruption.
    And all I primarily see is nekro + sns stacking.

I'd hardly call 2 pets "dynamic gameplay".
    The only difference right now is korruption in place of sns.

Might I remind you sns is about 2 years old now? Not exactly wut I'd consider a recent pet.

Hammerjaw came out in end 2012 (if I recall right),
    Nightshade in goblin event 2014.
    Nightshade > hammerjaw

Sns came out in elondrian event 2014,
    Korruption in goblin event 2016.
    Korruption > sns

I don't really see how your point about pet longevity (before it becomes outdated) holds water.

Sns pools can stack,
    And there's no pet that heals hp the rate sns drains it.
    There's no clear counter, at least not until Korruption.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ophelia For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

The mana drain on these pets is out of control thats for sure... But what i want to clearly state is that this is a legendary pet and not an arcane, the difference one korrup can do is greater than ehat a nekro can do in a clash. Only players that are for korruption are mages but thats because mage can recover the mana easily and have alot more of it! Lol i play all classes so i have no bias, just speaking from experience...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't nerf that Korruption. Can't you see ?? Sts made that pet just to challenge the players. If you're doing PvP and your enemy is/are using Korruption , then use your Korruption pet too for fair fight. I know it is annoying but you should learn and make your own techniques on how will you defeat those Korruption users. You always wanted to win in PvP , i know all of us wanted to win but it can't be challenging if you're only looking forward on how will you win in the game. You dont even thinking why sts put those annoying pets. (Swift is annoying too , stunned until your death comes). If you don't wanna lose , so don't do PvP. You wanna play PvP and when u lose? You'll suggest to Sts to nerf that pet. Think first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

What fun is countering 3 against 3 korruption clash is...the fact that tanks dies in less than 5 seconds, dps crying about tanks running behind them/not healing...players desperately in need of mana...Why should there be a pet that breaks tanks "JUGGERNAUT" and cancels "HEAL OVER TIME" "DRAINS MANA" What good will a tank be....if you guys havent wondered players can constantly re join out of spawn then what will you do then with out "HEAL OVER TIME " And tanks "JUGGERNAUT BEING COMPLETELY USELESS " Then who will take dmg in both clash and fresh players who are ready to attack ???...I am not one of does players who "Pays to win" or "Rich players" i am only a simple person who sticks to he's farming ...but all i am asking for is to nerf korruption and leave tanks useful again. Sns is a pet that heals/dmg and the pools are just scattered around and it not very common so you'll rarely see an "Sns stack ", anyways stacking sns is pointless against a nerko team since stacking sns will most likely leave you immune to stun same goes for korruption only problem is stacking korruption leaves no survivability/mana and it such a common pet which the half of the whole population have, so rip tanks and those who are against this nerf enjoy playing with 0% mana and dying in less than 5 seconds since tanks now have to hide and let dps take the dmg until he gets he's jugg back up after a 45 second cd...Tanks "JUGGERNAUT" is there most valuable survival kit like mages shield/heal and also rogues hp packs, now imagine if there was a pet that can take away does skills away form you...You dps will most likely be begging for a nerf..now tell me if am wrong???...and if it wasn't for does "whiners", crying on forums", "Complaining"...Then this game would had been a total mess and unbalanced....And form what i see is that sts release something so that we can test and give out are "FEED BACKS AND WHAT WE THINK OF THIS " Why shouldn't we have the rights to speak up and give out our thoughts?????? And as there ever even been a pet that has killed any tanks in less than 5 seconds without being stunned??? Yes their has been and that was the almighty munch mouth...no tanks should be able to die fast at such rate and i know am not the only one who thinks that munch mouth unbalanced the game same like korruption is doing right now...if mm was nerfed so should korruption....now please dps how will you feel once your tanks die before you...No heal over time/no mana/no juggernaut is Total BS...at least let the mana drain apply but not tanks only survival tools.
    Last edited by Amsosorry; 06-07-2016 at 02:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelia View Post
    As you said, korruption is "extremely common".
    Every Tom, Dick, Harry and their mommas have it.
    If the opponents stack 3 korruptions,
    Then play smart and do the same.

Who gives a hoot if a legendary pet > arcane sns?
    I can name several other legendary pets that easily puts other arc. pets to shame.
    (Nightshade, anyone?)

As long as the playing fields are equal, in other words same number of korruption(s) on each team,
    I honestly don't see how you are at a disadvantage.

The way I see it, the only peeps campaigning for korruption to be nerfed,
    Are also the same rich peeps who own sns and are reliant on it to actually win.
    If this LEGENDARY is going to be this powerful and game breaking, then the next arcane pet is going to launch nuclear weapons. Korruption is far, far ahead of the power curve.

Look at all of the issues:

1) It completely eliminates heal for warriors and heal over time.
    2) Juggernaut becomes inactive
    3) It drains mana faster than the rate that a team can regen (remember mages got a mana nerf)
    4) There is no cool-down period between uses of multiple corruption AAs
    5) The area of effect is gigantic compared to other pets, including arcane pets such as toor
    6) The effects of this pet cannot be cleared by Stampy (remind you an acrane pet)
    7) Korruption has a faster cooldown than Stampy. So even if stampy did clear the effects, it wouldn't be available for the 2nd AA.
    8) This pet actually makes rogues more useless than before. They don't offer mana nor a proper team heal.

I'm sure I forgot a few things but just 1 or 2 of the above issues are enough to warrant a nerf. Couple all of them together and you have a god pet. Like I said, we can't have such a pet unless you're ready for the next arcane pet to launch nuclear weapons. At which point, all of the proponents of this free pet will be the ones crying for a nerf. PvP players just want to have balance, which sts had done a good job of lately. This pet, however, has taken the fun out of pvp; I don't even login anymore because it's not fun to play when it's broken like this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

You guys should focus more on warriors other than yourself @ dps ...then you'll se what completely wrong about this pet, and i mean "Completely" am sure there's dps out there who finds this pet ridiculous

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

I predict the pets aa was made for the new pet system.

This pet was not free.

You find a pet that challenges you and you instantly want a nerf.

See someone using korruption?use yours.

Alot of what was said is super situational.

Go put korruption aa in your pets.gg, and not that hard.
    Last edited by Eagle Eye229; 06-07-2016 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Added lines.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye229 View Post
    I predict the pets aa was made for the new pet system.

This pet was not free.

You find a pet that challenges you and you instantly want a nerf.

See someone using korruption?use yours.

Alot of what was said is super situational.

Go put korruption aa in your pets.gg, and not that hard.
    So you think that a pet that can break through tanks jugg/drain mana/cancel heal over time just be stacked, over and over again? that just absurd that isn't a gg/good game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Is there any way to involve the devs in pvp somehow? The thing that people still need to complain on forum about the game is broken discourages me to download the app again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Binlaggin View Post
    If this LEGENDARY is going to be this powerful and game breaking, then the next arcane pet is going to launch nuclear weapons. Korruption is far, far ahead of the power curve.

Look at all of the issues:

1) It completely eliminates heal for warriors and heal over time.
    2) Juggernaut becomes inactive
    3) It drains mana faster than the rate that a team can regen (remember mages got a mana nerf)
    4) There is no cool-down period between uses of multiple corruption AAs
    5) The area of effect is gigantic compared to other pets, including arcane pets such as toor
    6) The effects of this pet cannot be cleared by Stampy (remind you an acrane pet)
    7) Korruption has a faster cooldown than Stampy. So even if stampy did clear the effects, it wouldn't be available for the 2nd AA.
    8) This pet actually makes rogues more useless than before. They don't offer mana nor a proper team heal.

I'm sure I forgot a few things but just 1 or 2 of the above issues are enough to warrant a nerf. Couple all of them together and you have a god pet. Like I said, we can't have such a pet unless you're ready for the next arcane pet to launch nuclear weapons. At which point, all of the proponents of this free pet will be the ones crying for a nerf. PvP players just want to have balance, which sts had done a good job of lately. This pet, however, has taken the fun out of pvp; I don't even login anymore because it's not fun to play when it's broken like this
    For every issue you've mentioned,
    If both teams are using equivalent number of korruption,
    I still don't see how it becomes a problem.

We both know negative cancels out negative.

You want balance?
    This is about as balanced as it gets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

You want balance?
    So how are you supposed to kill the other team when nobody has any mana, Just reduce the size of the AA and make it not stackable and it wouldn't be too bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

As you said, korruption is "extremely common".
    Every Tom, Dick, Harry and their mommas have it.
    If the opponents stack 3 korruptions,
    Then play smart and do the same.

Who gives a hoot if a legendary pet > arcane sns?
    I can name several other legendary pets that easily puts other arc. pets to shame.
    (Nightshade, anyone?)

As long as the playing fields are equal, in other words same number of korruption(s) on each team,
    I honestly don't see how you are at a disadvantage.

The way I see it, the only peeps campaigning for korruption to be nerfed,
    Are also the same rich peeps who own sns and are reliant on it to actually win.
    nightshade is a bad example, samael was much more better when nightshade introduced, it didn't ruined anything, i didn't even bother getting it. if you look for an example of a cheap legendary pet which ruined pvp then ill say breeze, it was clearly a mistake and was nerfed.. and countered with nekro later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tif View Post
    So how are you supposed to kill the other team when nobody has any mana, Just reduce the size of the AA and make it not stackable and it wouldn't be too bad.
    You can refer to my response to haieta regarding mana drain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    nightshade is a bad example, samael was much more better when nightshade introduced, it didn't ruined anything, i didn't even bother getting it. if you look for an example of a cheap legendary pet which ruined pvp then ill say breeze, it was clearly a mistake and was nerfed.. and countered with nekro later.
    I don't get the point you're making here.

My statement isn't about a game changer pet in pvp,
    But that rarity doesn't exactly determine value or effectiveness.

I stand by my statement that nightshade is a prime example.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Dynamic gameplay full of choices? Rofl.
    I've just watched several clash video taken before th introduction of korruption.
    And all I primarily see is nekro + sns stacking.

I'd hardly call 2 pets "dynamic gameplay".
    The only difference right now is korruption in place of sns.

Might I remind you sns is about 2 years old now? Not exactly wut I'd consider a recent pet.

Hammerjaw came out in end 2012 (if I recall right),
    Nightshade in goblin event 2014.
    Nightshade > hammerjaw

Sns came out in elondrian event 2014,
    Korruption in goblin event 2016.
    Korruption > sns

I don't really see how your point about pet longevity (before it becomes outdated) holds water.

Sns pools can stack,
    And there's no pet that heals hp the rate sns drains it.
    There's no clear counter, at least not until Korruption.
    The pet negates main skills of classes. Sns didn't. I'm prob in those clash videos that you watch and Sns rarely kills anything anymore. Sns is best for stats not aa. I have all the pets that you mention. I also haven't lost a korruption clash yet. It's not difficult to beat. Same bad players behind pets. But it's stupid. I'm also a Mage and it doesn't bother me much at all in clash. But the pet that everyone has is negating an entire class. It's negating a tanks ability to tank. No pet should do that. The closest pet to this one has been breeze. I've fought with and against all new pets since I started playing. There is something wrong with this one. The pet is broken. It needs adjustment. Why they fixed stampy being able to banish korruption pools? But the banish doesn't work bc the effect lingers on. This is not the way it should work. The only requisite to use this pet is to own it. There are plenty of Sns users that use the pet poorly. You need no skill at all to pull and korruption. Again this isn't coming from me losing to it bc I don't. This is objective look at a pet that is negating classes. No other pet makes it so you can't use your skills. It's preposterous. There needs to be immunity built in when pets are ridiculously over powered. Just like nekro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I don't get the point you're making here.

My statement isn't about a game changer pet in pvp,
    But that rarity doesn't exactly determine value or effectiveness.

I stand by my statement that nightshade is a prime example.
    you wrote: 'I can name several other legendary pets that easily puts other arc. pets to shame.'

which arcane pets? samael was king of pvp that time and brothers whim pve.

You dont understand why a free for all pet better than all, "you play every day, farm lot/spent plats, you bought samael, maridos, nekro, sns whatever, but hey, we can give a free pet for everyone which is better than all these" its a big f you in the face from sts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

You want balance?
    This is not balance.

People have spent 30, 40, 50 million in jewels, pets, gear, etc. People have spent countless hours farming for mythic sets to the point where they almost quit this game. Your idea of balance is that this should all be overpowered by a free legendarypet? That is not balance my friend. This is clearly an oversight. I highly doubt the devs would have intended for Korruption to work this way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

You want balance?
    Only way this game is is going to be balanced is that sts nerf korruption...now please listen...just listen i beg of...and i promise this will make it all clear...This pet (Korruption) AA nuffles heals which means "TANKS,WARRIORS" which are mainly know for surviving and taking dmg for your dps so you won't die as fast. Now how can we do that if there's a pet that cancels Warriors Juggernaut/heal what can we possibly do to stay alive???????????????????????? Oh i know how about tanks hide behind mages and let them absorb dmg for the team...till the pools run out hopefully he can last at least 10 seconds form 3k-10k criticals constantly being shot at he's 5k hp...tanks most likely won't be able to survive that with no heal over time to keep him alive would he?... Now my question is to you what would you suggest a warrior to do? I really would like to know...you must have a good answer since you said you don't see the problem here. This question also goes to all dps here to, who are against the nerf
    Last edited by Amsosorry; 06-07-2016 at 06:55 PM.