Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles Launches First on Android

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #41
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MONKEYMAN View Post
    I have a question about the 30 platinum some people will be getting. Will it only go to people who reserved there accounts or will it also go to people who just sighn in with there pocketlegends acount?
    To be eligible for the 30 free Platinum Grant, an account must have purchased Platinum via in-app purchase or the Webstore since 12:01 AM, March 1, 2011 and be in good standing.

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uwantaids View Post
    im just staying that i dont think sts is trying hard enough to get it out for apple users. i may be wrong and if i am im sorry but from my point of view and how sts wont share any info with us besides were working on it with apple then that just gets me irritated
    PREFACE: I am an iOS user

You are wrong! STS have done all they could to make it come to Apple and Android at the same time. Apple is playing dirty here and I don't blame STS to have made the game released in the Android Market, I am sure it was a though decision to make (Make all wait, or at least give some candies to some?). Come on STS is a private company and they need revenue, let's not hid our face in the sand. We cannot deny that, from a company point of view, this wait is a loss of money, doing this way they are minimizing the losses.
    I feel frustated, non because I can't play SL alone, but more because STS cannot do nothing to speed up the process, they are armless before this burocratic Giant called App approval time. Just to let you know, Apple can keep months giving more enquires about things THEY don't like and STS can't do nothing but do what Apple demand. Nothing more, nothing less.
    We CAN'T do NOTHING!

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zbooo View Post
    We got it first, too bad Apple!
    I understand the situation from STS' viewpoint but the decision is dividing the community into Android users and iOS users, and it's getting quite apparent who is who. I don't know how many other options there are out there for beta testing, but running every new implementation (PL and SL) through Android users first to see how they work out is just going to drive some away. Just my thoughts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    I understand the situation from STS' viewpoint but the decision is dividing the community into Android users and iOS users, and it's getting quite apparent who is who. I don't know how many other options there are out there for beta testing, but running every new implementation (PL and SL) through Android users first to see how they work out is just going to drive some away. Just my thoughts.
    What STS can do? Real feedback comes from real usage and since Apple don't want Beta, what they can do? Release a buggy app just to appeal iOS users? I don't agree sorry.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nazgulking View Post
    What STS can do? Real feedback comes from real usage and since Apple don't want Beta, what they can do? Release a buggy app just to appeal iOS users? I don't agree sorry.
    They could hire a beta testing team, could release a buggy game, could wipe the beta stats completely... the list could get quite extensive, but I digress. You disagree with the fact that it's dividing the community? I never said STS handled it in a less than adequate way; care to point out which part of my previous statement that you don't agree with?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I couldn't agree anymore with what your saying. It already was something I was thinking about and not sure I wanted to play because of the Android people keeping their beta levels but now with it going live first and who knows when iOS would get SL. You also would have to worry now about future updates coming out together. I really don't blame sts with releasing this for Android after such a long wait. They need to get their money. It just I won't be playing SL or PL after this and can only wish sts luck in future. Goodbye!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zbooo View Post
    We got it first, too bad Apple!
    As an iOS user tue last month and seeing one new thing after another added after another as a droid only item has lead to some angst and disappointment. As it seems the full release is so close for iOS I don't get the need to launch early on droid. However my only recourse at this point is to take a break and evaluate if I want to continue playing sts games. I say this now but like someone in a bad relationship I'm sure I'll be back as soon as in told thongs will be better this time....
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

You implied that STS could use other means to test the beta. That I disagree with. You suggest to hire a beta team. They would never recreate a normal situation to be tested. A bad though-of test is gonna fail anyway. If people get divided due to this, even after STS pointed out that this was the only way to test and feliver a good product, well the poeple here are spoiled. Sorry.

P.S. Referred to Gluttony
    Last edited by nazgulking; 08-11-2011 at 01:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tortimer View Post
    I couldn't agree anymore with what your saying. It already was something I was thinking about and not sure I wanted to play because of the Android people keeping their beta levels but now with it going live first and who knows when iOS would get SL. You also would have to worry now about future updates coming out together. I really don't blame sts with releasing this for Android after such a long wait. They need to get their money. It just I won't be playing SL or PL after this and can only wish sts luck in future. Goodbye!
    Muy Dramatico!!! Droid users came into PL months after iOS and still stuck around and enjoyed the game... have you never started playing a game after it had been out for a while? Doesn't make the game any less interesting!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Muy Dramatico!!! Droid users came into PL months after iOS and still stuck around and enjoyed the game... have you never started playing a game after it had been out for a while? Doesn't make the game any less interesting!
    but how many dorid use3rs were waiting forthe game FOR WEEKS?

EDIT: and how many were got a stab in the back and had another platform get the game before them?
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, I have played many MMO games after it has been out a while but most I would have to say I didn't like. I'm really competitive and like to start out new with everyone else. I got my iphone/ipad after PL was out a while and started playing but never really got to far (lvl 24) because partially with many people already at cap. That's just the way I am and know many other people that don't feel that way. Like I posted earlier I was on the fence about SL with the Android beta and them keeping their levels but figured I would give it a try anyway. It is no big deal and wish sts good luck with their games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tortimer View Post
    Ok however imagine if you would blizzard added an update that only HP users could use..or if you pre ordered a game that was multiplatform for for your xbox 360 for game that was set for a single release and the ps3 version launched and over two months later still no date for your game...
    Just my 2 plat

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

You implied that STS could use other means to test the beta. That I disagree with. You suggest to hire a beta team. They would never recreate a normal situation to be tested. A bad though-of test is gonna fail anyway. If people get divided due to this, even after STS pointed out that this was the only way to test and feliver a good product, well the poeple here are spoiled. Sorry.

P.S. Referred to Gluttony
    Yes I stand by they could have used other means to beta test. Yes I suggest they hire a beta team, plenty of game developers do it and have had success with it but STS is above using a normal situation to test their product? No clue why you think team of game testers is a failed idea when almost every platform game out there uses the same senario. We can all agree that using Android to launch a beta wasn't the only option available to STS, but pehaps the cheapest/easiest despite the results it may produce.

Look, don't assume that I'm spoiled when you don't even know the situation. Keep it civil as you suggested. Fact is I made an observation about the community as a whole, and as it seems some are with me and some are against (which is partially the point). STS could have handled things differently is all I'm saying. Personally, I draw the conclusion that STS is as fed up with Apple as the rest of us to the point they have given up on them almost entirely. They've released the game to another perhaps to try to force Apple's hand into an early approval. Apple should be just as hungry to get this game into the hands of the public as STS is with all of the new media STS is getting. I just wonder who is really holding things up, all I see is fingerpointing when both sides should have the same goal in mind ($$).
    Last edited by Gluttony; 08-11-2011 at 01:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Yes I stand by they could have used other means to beta test. Yes I suggest they hire a beta team, plenty of game developers do it and have had success with it but STS is above using a normal situation (what does that even mean?!) to test their product? No clue why you think team of game testers is a failed idea (almost every platform game out there uses the same senario). We can all agree that using Android to launch a beta wasn't the only option available to STS, but pehaps the cheapest/easiest despite the results it may produce.

O.o was that an attempt at an ign pun?! Quite an original guy you are *tips hat*
    I am not raging at you or anything like that. But some people posted after you when I posted, that's why I made the "PS" thngie
    Every game use internal beta teams deliver buggy games (Fallout 3-NV anyone?). Usually game company, especially big ones, hire huge amount if people to test a normal stress situation.
    When I say normal i refer to an everyday situation, take into consideration how many people play PL on the average, everyday - THAT is a normal testing set. Surely an hired internal team is insufficient to meet the standard of a test for this game, and I don't think STS have the bucks to hire a more consistent beta team. Using the android user base as beta tester is a free and efficient test base IMHO.
    Last edited by nazgulking; 08-11-2011 at 02:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Look, don't assume that I'm spoiled when you don't even know the situation.
    It wasn't directed at you. Why you feel attacked?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Yes I stand by they could have used other means to beta test. Yes I suggest they hire a beta team, plenty of game developers do it and have had success with it but STS is above using a normal situation (what does that even mean?!) to test their product? No clue why you think team of game testers is a failed idea (almost every platform game out there uses the same senario). We can all agree that using Android to launch a beta wasn't the only option available to STS, but pehaps the cheapest/easiest despite the results it may produce.

O.o was that an attempt at an ign pun?! Quite an original guy you are *tips hat*
    I am not raging at you or anything like that. But some people posted after you when I posted, that's why I made the "PS" thngie
    Every game use internal beta teams deliver buggy games (Fallout 3-NV anyone?). Usually game company, especially big ones, hire huge amount if people to test a normal stress situation.
    When I say normal i refer to an everyday situation, take into consideration how many people play PL on the average, everyday - THAT is a normal testing set. Surely an hired internal team is insufficient to meet the standard of a test for this game, and I don't think STS have the bugs to hire a more consistent beta team. Using the android user base as beta tester is a free and efficient test base IMHO.
    Pl did just fine without a beta launch...
    Just my 2 plat

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

When I say normal i refer to an everyday situation, take into consideration how many people play PL on the average, everyday - THAT is a normal testing set. Surely an hired internal team is insufficient to meet the standard of a test for this game, and I don't think STS have the bugs to hire a more consistent beta team. Using the android user base as beta tester is a free and efficient test base IMHO.
    Every game?! You take one example of a huge company that was desperate to cash in on the success of it's predecessor and make it the norm? Quite an impressive feat you pulled off there. I will however agree with the second point: using the android user base was free and effecient; period.

It wasn't directed at you. Why you feel attacked?
    I am part of "the people here" I am also Gluttony (the one you reffered to), so... Also, I didn't make it personal in any way. I just made my points so trust me when I say I didn't feel the slightest bit attacked. Perhaps take it as me defending those same spoiled individuals you were reffering to.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 08-11-2011 at 02:08 PM.

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #58
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Nazul, Glutton, can you stop posting for a bit please and give it a breather.

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

My spidey senses are detecting a lock in the near future.....in before lock

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #60
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    My spidey senses are detecting a lock in the near future.....in before lock
    I'd rather just force those who are arguing (even though they are doing so nicely, but you know, we like to keep things friendly) to take a little break than lock the thread from everyone...