Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Option to hide your name on cs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Option to hide your name on cs

So I have been enjoying the Auction trading platform lately, but I think a slight improvement on the system can make it much better for buyers and sellers.

So this afternoon I purchased something relatively valuable on CS (think it's a crystalline something) That someone had for some reason placed on there for 1k. I thought I got a good deal but because as a buyer, my name is always shown on the seller's sales screen, the guy immediately tracked me down and started harassing me and bombarding me with "F U" s and various unfounded reasons why I am not a decent member of society and asked for it back. Of course I wouldn't give it back considering his (im not going to name the person Im sure you have received hundreds of complaint letters regarding this guy already) shamelessness and unreasonable behaviors so I reported him. I think all this can be easily prevented if you allow people the option to hide their names on the auction house - it doesn't really help anyway. I think if you are going to commoditize items in the game on a trading platform you might as well just give market participants some privacy so gains and losses in the market won't turn into pointless arguments.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well said, and on that note...let us choose which stat we are looking for as well ;D

Thanks Flowman!!!
    The best fruit in the world....PWNPEAR

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

I don't know that we would hide that information.

As for the harassment, we take such seriously and if they are violating our Terms of Service (f bombs and the like do) then we would take action.

My advice is to report the user or e-mail us at support(at)spacetimestudios.com with a brief description of what happened and the language used. Then put the user on your ignore list and get back to having a fun time in game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

great suggestion! i would like that too!
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Hello, had reported the person at the time. What I was saying though was that instead of hiding everyone's name you make an option in the options menu for people to choose if they want to have their names shown.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Then again, everyone could hide their name. IMO, if the guy does track u down, just report and ignore. 1) you wont have to listen to his foul comments. 2) you dont get hurt or in trouble. Its the buyers choice weather he gives back the item or not. The buyer cant force that, unless you scammed, or accepted a bad deal, then it would be the right thing to "trade-back"