Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gauging interest in a School for Pallys.

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Default Gauging interest in a School for Pallys.

In the game, as a lvl 56 pally, I always try to help other pallies out. I realize the reach is basically just ones I run into in the game and is limited. With that said, I am throwing this thread out there to see if any up and coming Str Mages would be interested in getting help with their: stats, gear, ring choice, skills/spells, combos, or any other questions of how to.
    I'd like to make a How to: Guide to being a Pally soon.
    Feel free to comment, i'll gladly help!
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Im a pally too i would like to help with this have been always been a pally so you can say im a veteran pally add TOQUICKFORU
    Paladin Fury set... Willing to help

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Are you a pve person? I've never seen you in the arenas :/
    This is great! Here I thought I was the last Pally Hopefully more will emerge and i'll meet more of my brethren.
    Tell me more about your character? How long have you been playing? I started my pally at level 1 early Dec and learned the HARD way. My goal here is to increase the gaming experience if young pallys and bring glory and respect to the class of Str Mage!!

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why make one?
    Whats the pros n cons?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I startes in February but didnt get hooked till april i do private PvP matches mosltly with my friends
    And i have Fury set on my paladin ive alwaya like STR an INT dex and int nah i really didnt like it and more peolple are becoming paladins because when u help them i raid the whole place using my combos and killing everything and i dont die but when a Nuke mage tries it they die because they dont have Str to stay alive longer so this way we can last longer and heal our selfs so this way many people have switched from Dexchantress and nukemage to Paladin so they can farm and do pretty good in pvp but over all Mages control pvp and pve if working together

Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I am! But I'm more interested in looking for the weakness and strengths of a pally for my bear Is it okay?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

A guide would great.

Take a look at this str/dex guide by Mr.Wallace, it's a cracking example of a useful guide, and it explains the journey as well as what to do when you get there.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ght=Bear+guide

Lots of guides concentrate on top levels and often don't cover info useful for lower levels, so that would be my only suggestion. To include info useful for lower level players too. I love info on different gear to look out for on the journey.

I've got a lvl20 pally that's used as a mule for my winter festival gear as I got bored. It would be nice to kick start it again.

Great idea, good luck with it whatever you decide..
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Aww I never see Pallys in pvp :/ Everytime I do it is very exciting! Fighting other pallys is extremely satisfying. I know most say it is a stalemate but I've a lot of faith in my build, gear, attributes, combos, and experience
    @Elly hehe sure! Strenghts and weaknesses to exploit would be a good challenge. Do you have trouble vs str mages? Typically str tends to avoid other str. But my pally can kill str types of any class if it comes down to it!
    @Red I will read up on that guide!! Thanks for posting it here. And since I grew up as a pally from day one, I still remember the changing difficulties and challenges of being one early and mid game It varies from certain levels anyway, one thing is good for 30s that may not be good for 40s or late game. And early game is different too. I'll have to really encompass a lot of different levels and strategies!

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

@DTF

I don't find them extremely hard, just hard to take down! I try to time my spells and combos accordingly, the pallies I've come up against (especially the good ones) don't just seem to die.

I've noticed a few tactics of pallys, but I'm not sure if they were intended or just lag. Do pally's rely on normal attack swings? I've had a few pallys that kite in and out of melee range to spam spells, so they aren't really "next" to me (str bear).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    @DTF

I don't find them extremely hard, just hard to take down! I try to time my spells and combos accordingly, the pallies I've come up against (especially the good ones) don't just seem to die.

I've noticed a few tactics of pallys, but I'm not sure if they were intended or just lag. Do pally's rely on normal attack swings? I've had a few pallys that kite in and out of melee range to spam spells, so they aren't really "next" to me (str bear).

Very true one time i fought my friend cloacker STR bear Vs paladina and we coulnt kill each other he was too buff and i just kept healing and Paladin Vs paladin go on forever trust me i went against another pally and we both ran out of mana but we could regenerate our life so fast we just coulnt die hehe
    Last edited by SUPAPRODIGY; 08-16-2011 at 03:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

@Elly A good bear can spell trouble for a fury mage str vs str. As a bear, for your tournament I learned a lot about it and the different tatics one could use to take a pally down. Im sure your lvl 56 bear max hell scream and crushing blow? Those are the worst nightmare of a pally!! Hit % is low already and so is damage. With blow you reduce our dodge and more damahe effectively neutering us. In theory, in practice however, we may simply dodge! But the cooldown of both is so quick. So try this. Instead of throwing a combo, keep hitting,hs and blow asap within range ofc then do a pull slash slash stomp slash if quick enough or dodge stomp. There is one more strategy you can combine this stuff with that I am afraid to tell lol.
    Yes avoiding close quarter combat with a bear is ideal! Typically in ctf ffa ill avoid bears. Simply dodging and healing my way free icing,and pushing away to safety. Or focusing on killing a bird (i love killing birds!)

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Yeah surviving them isn't really the big issue, it's taking them down

Unless it's a duel, I don't engage any str type characters head on in FFA maps, waste of time IMO. But when needed, that's when I jump in. It's in that jumping in that takes quite awhile though.. Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SUPAPRODIGY View Post
    Very true one time i fought my friend cloacker STR bear Vs paladina and we coulnt kill each other he was too buff and i just kept healing and Paladin Vs paladin go on forever trust me i went against another pally and we both ran out of mana but we could regenerate our life so fast we just coulnt die hehe
    I am going to take a guess and say you are heavy in str with a decent amount of int (130/145) ?? Is your hit percentage lower that 84%?
    Cloakker in sewer gear is tough to scratch. Royal vs Fury bear/mage is pointless.
    But mage is mage fury on fury is NOT a stalemate that just goes on and on. I can kill any pally I fight. The more int they have the easier. It may take a lil longer than most fights naturally but it is very possible. I take pride in taking down pallies!

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

school of pally: PVE: rule #1. spam heal. just b/c you're not receiving damage doesn't mean pure dex birds arent receiving dmg. keep...them...alive...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I was a pally starting around 30 and stuck with it til 55. To be honest, based on the 50+ gear, there is no reason for a SKILLED mage to use a pally build in pvp or pve for any role other than support (heal buff debuff).

There is no comparison when it comes to damage vs a pure mage. One argument is the ability to tank, but there isn't a single situation where a pally makes a better tank than a bear...

Actually, as I typed, I realized the one role a pally does better than anything else... Flag running... But other than that, a group will always be more efficient with another person assuming equal skill...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reggin View Post
    I was a pally starting around 30 and stuck with it til 55. To be honest, based on the 50+ gear, there is no reason for a SKILLED mage to use a pally build in pvp or pve for any role other than support (heal buff debuff).

There is no comparison when it comes to damage vs a pure mage. One argument is the ability to tank, but there isn't a single situation where a pally makes a better tank than a bear...

Actually, as I typed, I realized the one role a pally does better than anything else... Flag running... But other than that, a group will always be more efficient with another person assuming equal skill...
    In PvP, a pally versus bear tank is arguable, IMO

A bear can only tank so much in PvP. Maybe in the short-run, a bear can tank better due to all its buffs. However, in the long run, I've noticed pallys being able to tank better because they can heal, drain, yet have the dodge of a fury bear. Really debatable.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

The changes to gear stats may change that though... I'm curious to compare the spell damages of a fury helm plate shield with a wand then a stat change to maximize int...

Also, my opinion may change with new level 60 gear... If they make gear similar to thoth gear, which was practically made just for pally, then they may be viable...

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Hey DTF. I have a Fury pally and would love to see a guide on how to improve in all aspects of the game. Great ide!
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

True elly... But tanking in pvp is not really possible, as there is no taunting or pulling aggro... Just ignore the pally and kill the teammates... Plus, if the mage in the group isn't useless, they are healing the bear, which makes it better than the pally...

But in all honesty, end game pvp is so focused on burst damage that even a pally has no chance against an organized custom rr bird and a nuke mage... They can almost instantly kill anyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reggin:398960

But in all honesty, end game pvp is so focused on burst damage that even a pally has no chance against an organized custom rr bird and a nuke mage... They can almost instantly kill anyone.
    Pallies can win in sustained 1v1 fights. In fact, I'd go as far to say that they have an advantage vs pure dex bird. It is however heavily dependent on player skill.