Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Sparkling Pwnies ...Yeah I said it... Endgame guild of Awesomeness!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

On a side note, not flaming at all. But in my 16 years online gaming experience, Its very rare that ive seen a spam invite guild who does not screen members, and generally only recruit like minded individuals succeed. So in saying that. Good luck, I know you will have your hands full.
    PL - BreadKeeperzz - 55 Bear -=- BreadKeeper - 53 Mage -=- SirKeeper 10 Bear
    SL - Keeper - Commando -=- SirKeeper - Engie
    Guild - Atomic Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Deleted to avoid confrontation
    Last edited by Ebalere; 08-18-2011 at 12:52 PM.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Acyer View Post
    Not mad bro. just don't be arrogant or cocky it looks bad on the guild as a whole. You will be known as elitist like we were.
    Thing is.... we are elitist! Elite pwnies that sparkle. ;D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    ^this. Sorry for double post, but I spent 350k gearing up my officers the other day, and since SL came out the Knights, and Gears, and Rage, and all the other big name guilds have took the time to level their members and befriend them and gear them, and for you guys to recruit out of our guilds and and then brag up the leaderboards IS a total slap in the face.

That being said, anyone who leaves a guild, that has done so much for them, for another guild, is not loyal and not needed in our ranks, and I'm sure Shadow and Theseus and the other GM's would agree. By saying that you don't level your members, clearly indicates that you recruit out of our guilds, as there is only a handful of higher level toons not already in a guild.

So, if you ever do get a good hold on 1st place on guild leaderboards, just know that it won't mean much to anyone but yourselves. It's the equivalent of a rushing kill farmer on PvP leaderboards, everyone knows it, and no one respects them. Sorry if this post sounds a little ruder than last, but Zero kinda put things into perspective for me.
    I am not concerned with any of this drama. If someone doesn't like your guild, and wants to be a pwny...power to em! And I will be proud of our numbers growing. Sure we may not have leveled em the past 25-26 levels, but we will level together to the next cap. If your members leave you for us, it is because your guild did not interest them enough or fulfil what they were searching for in a guild. If you happened to help them a lot, then I am SURE they are still greatful. All these slap in the face comments are ridiculous.

Sparking Pwnies: Endgame guild...recruiting 25+. Probably means we are stealing members. ;( We know this. We know we are elitists. Thanks for reitterating.

Like I said though, pwnies don't do drama, keep it to your guild please!

KEEP ASSIMILATING PWNIES

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breadkeeper View Post
    On a side note, not flaming at all. But in my 16 years online gaming experience, Its very rare that ive seen a spam invite guild who does not screen members, and generally only recruit like minded individuals succeed. So in saying that. Good luck, I know you will have your hands full.
    Pwnies are screened. Between our members, we have grouped with most everyone. We ensure that they are awesome before inviting. If we do not know them, they are invited on a trial basis. All pwnies can and will be blasted by the friendship kick cannon if they are not sparkly.

We are also about to integrate a full application process. While we may have slightly spammed at first. This is going away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hey Flowman, as I was there for your silly bit raging, I will just say that I have never seen an engineer that was any good without a working internet connection *facehoof*

Oh and the Orbital Friendship Cannon is in fact, fully operational =)

*brohoof!*
    Last edited by Treieki; 08-19-2011 at 04:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Like I said ingame morfic had what I needed to say and that's it. Good luck to future endeavors and may pinks and credits flow from well um flow!

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Treieki View Post
    Hey Flowman, as I was there for your silly bit raging, I will just say that I have never seen an engineer that was any good without a working internet connection *facehoof*

Oh and the Orbital Friendship Cannon is in fact, fully operational =)

*brohoof!*
    Lol, facehoof. Glad to see you joined the party Trebrony!

Quote Originally Posted by Acyer View Post
    Like I said ingame morfic had what I needed to say and that's it. Good luck to future endeavors and may pinks and credits flow from well um flow!
    Yessir, thanks for the clarification and I hope that time will heal all wounds! Till then, stay sparkly Zero!

**EDIT: Brony learned to multiquote, LOL**

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Goodbye to a few lame ponies....and HAI TO MANY MORE SPARKLY BRONIES!!

Welcome to the guild guys!

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

LOL at the hurt in this thread!

Morfic is clearly having fun and relaxing in an easy game that does not deserve the stress and hate some of y'all are bringing to the game.
    The guild is fantastic. People are helped out daily and a wealth of gear is freely given or farmed. Always amazes me how people *not* in the guild seem to think they know what goes on *in* the guild.

Run your guild your way, we will run it ours.

When the dust settles... we will see who sparkles!

Remember: Friendship is magic!

Testament - Victory Engineer
    Xaphan - Winner Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Deleted to avoid confrontation
    Last edited by Ebalere; 08-18-2011 at 12:53 PM.
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Deleted with Bronie Power
    Last edited by NoseToNose; 08-18-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Personally I think theres alot of heat going around guildwise as whos the best, when a majority of players can't even play the game yet. Also, why does it matter to have the LB in your guild. People shouldn't get the idea you must have LB players or Max cap players to be a good guild. Remember the whole point of guilds are to maximize fun and have a better playing expirience for all. So lets put out some of the flames.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere:385302
    Quote Originally Posted by Acyer:385280
    Quote Originally Posted by morfic View Post
    Sorry for confusion Zboobrony. As per leaderboards. Second most lvl 26s
    Grats bro on getting second something you had nothing to do with. As you don't help members level I know I've leveled and geared a few not going to be named members of ur guild. Its a slap in the face of the guilds that was here before you and to boast about how many 26s u have. Knowing you had no help in helping them learn the game and level you should be thinking the guilds in game for helping you achieve this. And for one thing we agree on can't wait for pvp myself its gonna actually show the decent players.
    ^this. Sorry for double post, but I spent 350k gearing up my officers the other day, and since SL came out the Knights, and Gears, and Rage, and all the other big name guilds have took the time to level their members and befriend them and gear them, and for you guys to recruit out of our guilds and and then brag up the leaderboards IS a total slap in the face.

That being said, anyone who leaves a guild, that has done so much for them, for another guild, is not loyal and not needed in our ranks, and I'm sure Shadow and Theseus and the other GM's would agree. By saying that you don't level your members, clearly indicates that you recruit out of our guilds, as there is only a handful of higher level toons not already in a guild.

So, if you ever do get a good hold on 1st place on guild leaderboards, just know that it won't mean much to anyone but yourselves. It's the equivalent of a rushing kill farmer on PvP leaderboards, everyone knows it, and no one respects them. Sorry if this post sounds a little ruder than last, but Zero kinda put things into perspective for me.
    I think Scotty helped as well!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

It's peanut butta pwny time!

And everything xap said, Sparkled LIKE CRAZY! BROHOOF!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoseToNose View Post
    It does show said bronie's last of both skill and in game knowledge as well as common sense, an engineer is a support class therefore common sense states get some support functions, and the main support functions are healing/revive followed by buffing, which goes to show how little quality means to this guild versus quantity. If you continue recruiting these type of members it will be the eventual death of you. *disclaimer intended for observation purposes only not as a flame or troll*
    Not everyone is coming to this game with an extensive 7 year career in Word of Warcrat top 1% world yada yada. Not all new players will notice the need for support right away.

On the flip side, the engineer, although the only real support class, is also the only real AoE class. Nothing wrong with having a healing engineer and a AoE engineer who can back up the healing engineer.

No content in this game requires more than one healing engineer really anyways. You judging an engineer for not having a certain heal, for example, is just your narrow view of a much broader picture. I also might mention, that since buffs no longer stack, depending on the engineer mate you group with, you might not take that buff at all. He/she already did.

Irregardless, we look for quality people who do not cause drama *first*. The skills can be taught later if it is needed. This game isn't hard. A two minute conversation and a trip to the class forums will solve any issue and make any new player capable of killing you.

Of which: Sparkle Pwnies of the Strawberry Kingdom do not care about leaderboards, until pvp comes out that is. Number of max players, largest guild, LOL even k/d ratio in easy pve content that is easily farmable on easy mode, are all pointless. Requires time, not skill. Bringing it up in here got the attention of some big guilds and made you cry.

Hook. Line. Sinker...

Testament - Victory Engineer
    Xaphan - Winner Commando
    Entropy - Lowby Operative
    Last edited by Xaphan Fox; 08-18-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

I think the initial sudden loss of capped members to you guys is what started me off on the wrong foot guys. You are right about poaching being silly. The grass will occasionally be greener on your side to some of my members. Almost every member that left KoC for Pwnies had the same answers:

A) they want the exclusivity of a 25+ guild (nothing we can do about that, as our motto is "a friendly helpful guild that welcomes all")

B) we're too big (that is our goal, as a social, friend driven guild. We are here to play and level and farm and kick arse, but more importantly, for the companionship)

So therefore there is ZERO reason for me to be hatin' on the Pwnies. I'm glad I took the time to think everything thru before ending up bitter at you guys. I hope we can stay civil with one another, and have some fun together in SL. And Xap, I offer peace to you, despite our banter in my griefing thread. I think I was just a little misunderstood or worded my thread wrong, cuz my intention was not to flame anyone or piss anyone off, I was just trying to be courteous to the other GM's, including Lilmiss. I hope you guys achieve all the goals you set out for when starting this guild, and wish you all the best in future endeavors. Please take good care of the ex-KoC members, they are still all great dudes despite their conflict of interest. If any of you guys would like to meet me in game to chat, add me, I am normally very friendly and polite. Peace!
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoseToNose View Post
    *Disclaimer: This Post Is Not Intended As A Flame, Or A Troll And Only Intended As A Personal Opinion*

In my personal opinion you're guild goes against everything that a guild is meant for, as a guild you should take in members and strive to make them the best, not take in members because they are already amoung some of the best. Striving to grow with your guild, to make each other better not striving to have all the high levels because their high levels. The best quality member is one who grows with you. In my opinion you are a disgrace of a guild, though best of luck in your endevours.

*Disclaimer: This Post Is Not Intended As A Flame, Or A Troll And Only Intended As A Personal Opinion*
    I like how you think just because you have your "disclaimer" that it isn't meant as a flame. HAHA

Its like saying "no offense, but you suck"

That wasn't meant for you.. just an example.

ATL

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere:386265
    I think the initial sudden loss of capped members to you guys is what started me off on the wrong foot guys. You are right about poaching being silly. The grass will occasionally be greener on your side to some of my members. Almost every member that left KoC for Pwnies had the same answers:

A) they want the exclusivity of a 25+ guild (nothing we can do about that, as our motto is "a friendly helpful guild that welcomes all")

B) we're too big (that is our goal, as a social, friend driven guild. We are here to play and level and farm and kick arse, but more importantly, for the companionship)

So therefore there is ZERO reason for me to be hatin' on the Pwnies. I'm glad I took the time to think everything thru before ending up bitter at you guys. I hope we can stay civil with one another, and have some fun together in SL. And Xap, I offer peace to you, despite our banter in my griefing thread. I think I was just a little misunderstood or worded my thread wrong, cuz my intention was not to flame anyone or piss anyone off, I was just trying to be courteous to the other GM's, including Lilmiss. I hope you guys achieve all the goals you set out for when starting this guild, and wish you all the best in future endeavors. Please take good care of the ex-KoC members, they are still all great dudes despite their conflict of interest. If any of you guys would like to meet me in game to chat, add me, I am normally very friendly and polite. Peace!
    I suppose a little diplomacy goes a long way, and I have nothing but for Ebalere perhaps I could learn a little from this, and not constantly demean you or troll you in and out of game even with disclaimers. I apologize my actions were perhaps driven by the initial shock of losing members whom I considered loyal. I need to follow my own words in my thread about finding the guild that's right for you, as while GoW, KoC, and many other may be right for some it is not right for all. I still look forward to the battlefield standing toe to toe with you and sparkling with the blood of fallen bronies, but this time its in the spirit of friendly competition, and not hatred. May the best guild win all the pinks, aka GoW. Hehe Stay Sparkly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post

*extends a paw in greeting*

NOSELICKS!

I got zero problem with you or anyone else in this game. I dont get mad, I just talk. Bored at work. I dont hate any guild as I attempt to avoid labeling people whenever possible. Judge the individual.

I look forward to healing you in pvp.

We will crush our enemies, see them driven before us, and hear the lamentations of their women!!

PONY POWER