Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Sparkling Pwnies ...Yeah I said it... Endgame guild of Awesomeness!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    Personally I think theres alot of heat going around guildwise as whos the best, when a majority of players can't even play the game yet. Also, why does it matter to have the LB in your guild. People shouldn't get the idea you must have LB players or Max cap players to be a good guild. Remember the whole point of guilds are to maximize fun and have a better playing expirience for all. So lets put out some of the flames.
    That's why us, COT, don't even have a pl or sl thread about us.
    It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Welcome to the herd Deadly! You be sparklin already!

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere:385302
    Quote Originally Posted by Acyer:385280
    Quote Originally Posted by morfic View Post
    Sorry for confusion Zboobrony. As per leaderboards. Second most lvl 26s
    Grats bro on getting second something you had nothing to do with. As you don't help members level I know I've leveled and geared a few not going to be named members of ur guild. Its a slap in the face of the guilds that was here before you and to boast about how many 26s u have. Knowing you had no help in helping them learn the game and level you should be thinking the guilds in game for helping you achieve this. And for one thing we agree on can't wait for pvp myself its gonna actually show the decent players.
    ^this. Sorry for double post, but I spent 350k gearing up my officers the other day, and since SL came out the Knights, and Gears, and Rage, and all the other big name guilds have took the time to level their members and befriend them and gear them, and for you guys to recruit out of our guilds and and then brag up the leaderboards IS a total slap in the face.

That being said, anyone who leaves a guild, that has done so much for them, for another guild, is not loyal and not needed in our ranks, and I'm sure Shadow and Theseus and the other GM's would agree. By saying that you don't level your members, clearly indicates that you recruit out of our guilds, as there is only a handful of higher level toons not already in a guild.

So, if you ever do get a good hold on 1st place on guild leaderboards, just know that it won't mean much to anyone but yourselves. It's the equivalent of a rushing kill farmer on PvP leaderboards, everyone knows it, and no one respects them. Sorry if this post sounds a little ruder than last, but Zero kinda put things into perspective for me.
    I think Scotty helped as well!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

It's peanut butta pwny time!

And everything xap said, Sparkled LIKE CRAZY! BROHOOF!

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoseToNose View Post
    It does show said bronie's last of both skill and in game knowledge as well as common sense, an engineer is a support class therefore common sense states get some support functions, and the main support functions are healing/revive followed by buffing, which goes to show how little quality means to this guild versus quantity. If you continue recruiting these type of members it will be the eventual death of you. *disclaimer intended for observation purposes only not as a flame or troll*
    Not everyone is coming to this game with an extensive 7 year career in Word of Warcrat top 1% world yada yada. Not all new players will notice the need for support right away.

On the flip side, the engineer, although the only real support class, is also the only real AoE class. Nothing wrong with having a healing engineer and a AoE engineer who can back up the healing engineer.

No content in this game requires more than one healing engineer really anyways. You judging an engineer for not having a certain heal, for example, is just your narrow view of a much broader picture. I also might mention, that since buffs no longer stack, depending on the engineer mate you group with, you might not take that buff at all. He/she already did.

Irregardless, we look for quality people who do not cause drama *first*. The skills can be taught later if it is needed. This game isn't hard. A two minute conversation and a trip to the class forums will solve any issue and make any new player capable of killing you.

Of which: Sparkle Pwnies of the Strawberry Kingdom do not care about leaderboards, until pvp comes out that is. Number of max players, largest guild, LOL even k/d ratio in easy pve content that is easily farmable on easy mode, are all pointless. Requires time, not skill. Bringing it up in here got the attention of some big guilds and made you cry.

Hook. Line. Sinker...

Testament - Victory Engineer
    Xaphan - Winner Commando
    Entropy - Lowby Operative
    Last edited by Xaphan Fox; 08-18-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphan Fox View Post
    Not everyone is coming to this game with an extensive 7 year career in Word of Warcrat top 1% world yada yada. Not all new players will notice the need for support right away.

On the flip side, the engineer, although the only real support class, is also the only real AoE class. Nothing wrong with having a healing engineer and a AoE engineer who can back up the healing engineer.

No content in this game requires more than one healing engineer really anyways. You judging an engineer for not having a certain heal, for example, is just your narrow view of a much broader picture. I also might mention, that since buffs no longer stack, depending on the engineer mate you group with, you might not take that buff at all. He/she already did.

Irregardless, we look for quality people who do not cause drama *first*. The skills can be taught later if it is needed. This game isn't hard. A two minute conversation and a trip to the class forums will solve any issue and make any new player capable of killing you.

Of which: Sparkle Pwnies of the Strawberry Kingdom do not care about leaderboards, until pvp comes out that is. Number of max players, largest guild, LOL even k/d ratio in easy pve content that is easily farmable on easy mode, are all pointless. Requires time, not skill. Bringing it up in here got the attention of some big guilds and made you cry.

Hook. Line. Sinker...

Testament - Victory Engineer
    Xaphan - Winner Commando
    Entropy - Lowby Operative
    bro it's a game, I'm getting some serious nerd vibes from you.
    It's you guys posting about your rank on guild leaderboards and we're responding by saying recruiting maxed players and gaining rank isn't impressive. No one else STARTED that topic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Thank you Ebalere and Scotty. I know losing members to a new annoying sparkling guild is reason enough to be upset. But it shows great character and broniness on your part for dousing those flames a bit.

I also want to assure everyone that PWNIES DO NOT POACH MEMBERS. We ask people if they woukd like to join, and maybe flex a bit and offer sparkles....but never have i threatened or bribed anyone, with anything. I also encourage guild loyalty and commend those that refuse to stick with their guild.

IF ANY PWNY IS CAUGHT BRIBING OR THREATENING ANOTHER GUILD MEMBER TO LEAVE THEIR RESPECTIVE GUILDS, THE ORBITAL FRIENDSHIP CANNOT WILL BE FIRED IMMEDIATLY. WE HAVE NO PROBLEM BURNING SOME RAINBOWS FOR THESE ACTIONS. So please, let me know if anyone witnessess this, so that i may take care of it. Thats not how the pwny express rolls!
    Last edited by morfic; 08-19-2011 at 03:52 AM.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphan Fox View Post
    Irregardless, we look for quality people who ...
    Did ..Xapbrony..just say IRREGARDLESS???? LOLOLOL Derpyxap, i luv your sparkly derpiness!
    Last edited by morfic; 08-19-2011 at 03:51 AM.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

I think the initial sudden loss of capped members to you guys is what started me off on the wrong foot guys. You are right about poaching being silly. The grass will occasionally be greener on your side to some of my members. Almost every member that left KoC for Pwnies had the same answers:

A) they want the exclusivity of a 25+ guild (nothing we can do about that, as our motto is "a friendly helpful guild that welcomes all")

B) we're too big (that is our goal, as a social, friend driven guild. We are here to play and level and farm and kick arse, but more importantly, for the companionship)

So therefore there is ZERO reason for me to be hatin' on the Pwnies. I'm glad I took the time to think everything thru before ending up bitter at you guys. I hope we can stay civil with one another, and have some fun together in SL. And Xap, I offer peace to you, despite our banter in my griefing thread. I think I was just a little misunderstood or worded my thread wrong, cuz my intention was not to flame anyone or piss anyone off, I was just trying to be courteous to the other GM's, including Lilmiss. I hope you guys achieve all the goals you set out for when starting this guild, and wish you all the best in future endeavors. Please take good care of the ex-KoC members, they are still all great dudes despite their conflict of interest. If any of you guys would like to meet me in game to chat, add me, I am normally very friendly and polite. Peace!
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    I think the initial sudden loss of capped members to you guys is what started me off on the wrong foot guys. You are right about poaching being silly. The grass will occasionally be greener on your side to some of my members. Almost every member that left KoC for Pwnies had the same answers:

A) they want the exclusivity of a 25+ guild (nothing we can do about that, as our motto is "a friendly helpful guild that welcomes all")

B) we're too big (that is our goal, as a social, friend driven guild. We are here to play and level and farm and kick arse, but more importantly, for the companionship)

So therefore there is ZERO reason for me to be hatin' on the Pwnies. I'm glad I took the time to think everything thru before ending up bitter at you guys. I hope we can stay civil with one another, and have some fun together in SL. And Xap, I offer peace to you, despite our banter in my griefing thread. I think I was just a little misunderstood or worded my thread wrong, cuz my intention was not to flame anyone or piss anyone off, I was just trying to be courteous to the other GM's, including Lilmiss. I hope you guys achieve all the goals you set out for when starting this guild, and wish you all the best in future endeavors. Please take good care of the ex-KoC members, they are still all great dudes despite their conflict of interest. If any of you guys would like to meet me in game to chat, add me, I am normally very friendly and polite. Peace!

*extends a paw in greeting*

NOSELICKS!

I got zero problem with you or anyone else in this game. I dont get mad, I just talk. Bored at work. I dont hate any guild as I attempt to avoid labeling people whenever possible. Judge the individual.

I look forward to healing you in pvp.

We will crush our enemies, see them driven before us, and hear the lamentations of their women!!

PONY POWER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere:386265

I suppose a little diplomacy goes a long way, and I have nothing but for Ebalere perhaps I could learn a little from this, and not constantly demean you or troll you in and out of game even with disclaimers. I apologize my actions were perhaps driven by the initial shock of losing members whom I considered loyal. I need to follow my own words in my thread about finding the guild that's right for you, as while GoW, KoC, and many other may be right for some it is not right for all. I still look forward to the battlefield standing toe to toe with you and sparkling with the blood of fallen bronies, but this time its in the spirit of friendly competition, and not hatred. May the best guild win all the pinks, aka GoW. Hehe Stay Sparkly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Correction. It's us posting in our.guild thread. It is perfectly okay to boast and psyche up members in anyway in your own guild thread right? For us, we are super excited about all the recruits we are getting so fast.

Good job at 23 top level players bronies! The pwny express is going full steam! 23 26s and what.....14 25s working diligently towards 26? We are shining bright guys!
    Last edited by morfic; 08-19-2011 at 03:52 AM.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default wishin' to join the Sparklin' league

Hello Sparkles!!

My character name is Flaviano, just like my real name. I have nothing to hide. That being said should tell ya that i'm not a spy
    I've owned about 3 scrappers in my SL life.
    I wish to join your band of merry sparklers cuzz I love what i've read so far as rules go. I will do my best to fly high in the sparklin' sky!.....if ya take me)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by festre View Post
    Hello Sparkles!!

My character name is Flaviano, just like my real name. I have nothing to hide. That being said should tell ya that i'm not a spy
    I've owned about 3 scrappers in my SL life.
    I wish to join your band of merry sparklers cuzz I love what i've read so far as rules go. I will do my best to fly high in the sparklin' sky!.....if ya take me)
    Based on what we have read here...and then based on our conversation in game...and then based on me and other bronies talking amongsts our selves....we have decided...

YOU BE BRONY! YESSAH! Get in here and make it sparkle FLAVAFLAAAVE!

Welcome to the guild!
    Last edited by morfic; 08-19-2011 at 03:51 AM.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Testing new sig sparklyness...

YEP SPARKLES!

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Robobrony Morfic, mad props for outstanding work <3
    Last edited by Treieki; 08-19-2011 at 04:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    Lol i love that, my answer is LOOK AY MY NAME!! XD
    Haha! I got my eyesssss on youuuuu..... -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Treieki View Post
    Robobrony Morfic, mad props for outstanding work <3
    Thank you Cybrony! Anything for the herd
    Last edited by morfic; 08-19-2011 at 04:11 AM.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Assimilation of the herd goes well. Also new sigs being made are sparkly!!!
    Last edited by Treieki; 08-19-2011 at 04:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morfic:384235
    Are you a SPY?!?
    Lol i love that, my answer is LOOK AY MY NAME!! XD

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

where to sign up?
    ~Holyspell 42 str mage~ ~Uzivauiban 43 dex bird~ ~Trueshot 25operative~

~DO I SPARKLE?!