Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Please dont let officers delete everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    aside question: what happens in that case with the guild stash/bank?
    Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Given that guild stash doesn't formally exist, nothing.
    If they do implement it, judging from the past games I've been in, guild stash access should also require another title.

Compounding titles or permissions maybe?

Invite, Boot, Stash, + whatever features they may add in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

This will help- The guild leaders should be writing all names down in their guild. That way you have a backup list yeah? To me a leader should know his/her guild inside out

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

I haven't bothered with guilds, but, if you're a Guild Master:
    • DO friend everyone in your guild
    • DO make an offline list of everyone in your guild
    • DO make rules for your guild members, especially your officers
    • DO warn anybody who you make an officer that they risk being perma-banned for doing mass kicks of players from the guild

If your guild ends up getting torpedoed, you'll then have a fairly easy time repairing the damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    I haven't bothered with guilds, but, if you're a Guild Master:
    • DO friend everyone in your guild
    • DO make an offline list of everyone in your guild
    • DO make rules for your guild members, especially your officers
    • DO warn anybody who you make an officer that they risk being perma-banned for doing mass kicks of players from the guild

If your guild ends up getting torpedoed, you'll then have a fairly easy time repairing the damage.
    Exactly as drew suggests -- GMs need to know that having a guild isn't just paying some credits for a charter and then rolling along. There isn't likely a way to easily program out every possible way someone can can use to try and ruin your guild if that is their intention. However, with a few simple safeguards like drew suggests any GM can quickly repair the damage done by some officer going on a boot spree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Been mentioned before and I will mention it again: When random people come together to form a guild where thesevin-game options exsist, this will continue to happen. Obviously, if someone enters a guild with the desire to be instantly promoted, red flags ought to go up. A few weeks is not enough time to get to really know someone.

My advice is to only promote those you know are trustworthyand if others dont want to be in your guild unless they are an officer then let them leave.

Hope you can get down to the bottom of the problem and I am sure STS will help ya out!
    ^ this. As an outsider looking ATM just seems like guilds are for the most part looking for quanity not quality.
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

These actions will be perma-banned according to JustG. I am also pretty sure support could help your leader in the restoration of the guild. Also I would suggest having a 2 officers must agree to boot someone rule on kicking folks out of the guild as a preventive measure to such occurrence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    ^ this. As an outsider looking ATM just seems like guilds are for the most part looking for quanity not quality.
    Guilds are an ever ending source of drama. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    Guilds are an ever ending source of drama. lol
    It's pretty lol all the drama over stiff that could be easily avoided with just a touch of common sense
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doubletime View Post
    Exactly as drew suggests -- GMs need to know that having a guild isn't just paying some credits for a charter and then rolling along. There isn't likely a way to easily program out every possible way someone can can use to try and ruin your guild if that is their intention. However, with a few simple safeguards like drew suggests any GM can quickly repair the damage done by some officer going on a boot spree.
    I highly doubt guilds with 500+ people are going to want to write down everyones name...and especially not invite them all over again.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flowman View Post
    I highly doubt guilds with 500+ people are going to want to write down everyones name...and especially not invite them all over again.
    Live by the sword, die by the sword.

500+ member guilds are typically the guilds that care more about quantity than quality anyways. A good percentage of their members will be players who don't play much, or at all, after the initial join.

GMs that have any interest in their guild roster will have every member on their friend list. If not, it's their own fault if "something goes wrong."

In my opinion, STS Support can't even be expected to "restore" a guild which has been griefed. If I was a player who was kicked off of a guild while offline by a griefer for no reason, am I going to know it wasn't supposed to happen? If I wasn't even on the GM's friend list and s/he doesn't have a way to message me when I log in the next time, there's a good chance I'd try to get into another guild as soon as I got on.

If you are a GM and have everyone in your friend list, rebuilding is as easy as
    • setting up one or two quick chats that explains what happened
    • join a player on friend list who was erroneously kicked (easiest if in a Base)
    • do your quick chats
    • invite
    • repeat
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

IMO a guild with 500 people wont get anything done- seems more like a mob, lol
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why cant it let you make ranks to appoint when you make guild and acces like partial half full and like military ranks pvt pvtfc cpl stuff like that considering its easier on the rankers and im usually one in my friends guilds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

As an Officer of a smallish guild that's been around since the V-Cast beta, it concerns me greatly that even occasional guild wipes are being conducted by naughty / vengeful Officers. Scorn one of my guild's Officers, and about 18 or so kicks later, there goes our great little guild! Here are my suggested solutions:

1. Keep things as they are and be very selective and careful who is promoted to Officer.

2. Make guild recruiting and kicking a two-step approval. Officers would be able to recommend invites and kicks, but only the Guild Master (GM) could approve. In my opinion, this should already be required. If it were, we would not be having this conversation.

3. Keep thing as they are now, except only allow the Officers one kick for a set amount of time, say one every 30 minutes. That way, an Officer that wants to clean house would have to invest some serious time to do so!

Note that the limitations in examples 2 and 3 would not apply to the GM. As the guild belongs to the Master, it should be the GM's prerogative regarding what they do with their guild!

PL: Thequickone warrior, Torrenz archer, Faebronia enchantress/main
    SL: Thequickone commando, Torrenz operative, Faebronia engineer/main, Helpdesk <PiF> engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I'd suggest (haven't completed thread yet so please forgive if I'm not the first) a "recover" function like we have for inventory, restricted to guild owner - or to a new senior officer tier. Select deleted members on a guild screen (ideally where you can see date, time, "deleted by" and perhaps with an extra click the reason for the kick) and either auto-readd them (assuming they haven't joined another guild, in which case it could become just an invite) or if not an auto-readd then a guild invite from the deleted members screen, perhaps with a note attached optionally so you can explain what happened. If you could draft a note of explanation, select all the members who got mass-deleted and readd or reinvite them you could somewhat gracefully recover from such an incident.

(Note this incorporates another idea I plan to suggest, tiers of officers.)

An officer in my guild also suggested restricting officers (or lower officers if you use the tiered officer idea) to a "guild lockout/penalty box" function. The locked member gets no access to any guild functions, perhaps for a time period like 24 hours or until another (possibly higher) officer restores them. Again, logging who locked them and why would be vital.
    Last edited by n00b13st; 08-19-2011 at 06:44 PM.
    2.718281828459045235360287471352662497757247093699 95957496696762772407663035354759457138217852516642 74274663919320030599218174135966290435729003342952 60595630738132328

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

The fact that you promote them means they must have some trust, so let them be able to add/kick. If GM Is afk, they keep it going.
    However time limit would work nicely to avoid such abuse.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

16.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #36
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Expect to see additional guild features in the future. Such as guild ranks which have only invite privileges.

That said. Officers are your guild's managers. You don't give a guy a key to your shop if you don't trust them.

Chose wisely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thade:389913
    Expect to see additional guild features in the future. Such as guild ranks which have only invite privileges.

That said. Officers are your guild's managers. You don't give a guy a key to your shop if you don't trust them.

Chose wisely.
    Eh nice.
    This is good.

Actually, it was a good idea to implement guild in SL first.
    PL guild will gain from those experiences later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flowman:385839
    Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Simple solution: Dont let just anyone be an officer make sure you can trust them and then this wont happen
    Only downside to this is that there's a guild of people who purposely go into other guilds acting all buddy-buddy with the leaders and stuff to get officer rank...and then they delete their members. We had one in our guild, and I'm sure you guys have one too.

The idea of flagging for deletion and having to get a second approval is a great idea. In my fraternity, when we are electing the new executive board, we go through a formal election process...even though we're far from 'formal' and are the stereotype of a fraternity. Everything we do requires a "second" opinion to do it. Such as opening nominations, if someone wants to start, it's "motion to open nominations." After someone says "second" nominations are then open. The same idea should apply in game as this is a system of elections and power holding.
    Be awesome if we could haze new guild pledges...lolz!

Dosumn (26) Engineer
    Kelmud (26) Commando
    Levay (25) Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

It saddens me to hear a guild get disbanded because of a corrupted officer.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!