Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beware of this griefer!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Default Beware of this griefer!

Fatherpois, leader of galactic scholars, and I had a little chat today, Keep in mind I'm a guildmaster. This is how it went as best as i recall.

Fatherpois: wanna join a better guild?

Me: No, I'm in one.

Fatherpois: wanna join a better one?

Me: I'm a guildmaster of my guild.

Fatherpois: well KoC sucks.

Me: shut up man, who are you anyway?

Fatherpois: Better watch out, I have an inside man in your guild and he's an officer, he'll delete you members.

Me: wow, Griefing is perma-bannable you know. Reporting you now.

Fatherpois: (goes on about his inside man and how he's got guys in 4 other guilds ready to delete at his command)

Me: thats all I needed to read. Sending a nice long letter to support about you.

Fatherpois: hahahahaha try it. *disappears*

So, all GM's careful who you promote, this guy is serious trouble and I hope he gets banned as soon as devs read his chatlog, BUT UNTIL THEN, BE CAREFUL GUYS!

I know you new gm's want people in your guild, and there's not many people that aren't in one already, but taking members from other guilds is considered very distasteful. If someone leaves on their own accord, fine, but I've had a few newer guilds now try to recruit me when I'm clearly a Knight, and had many complaints from my members about verbal abuse and threats for not joining a certain guild.

In Beta everyone respected each other for the most part that respect has been lost. KoC is tied closely with the other beta guilds and we keep tabs on other guilds and their recruiting procedures, and it's rediculous how many people are dealing with the same thing.

I can deal with the poaching, as someone who is willing to leave KoC after everything we've done for them and walk off with our gear on their backs is NOT knight material, and we'd prefer they left anyway, but to be threatened to have your months of hard work flushed down the toilet because you won't join some random guild is DISGRACEFUL and hopefully these troublemakers are dealt with.

This is a warning to all GM's of respected guilds: WATCH WHO YOU PROMOTE because there are guilds dedicated to dissolving the others. Keep an eye on Fatherpois, he was one I never expected this from. Now I feel I can't trust anyone besides my officers and a few choice members. You never know who could be waiting to get promoted just to delete your members. Please fellow GMs, exercise caution when promoting.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT: Removed a few comments said in the heat of the moment, it's only a few guilds that have been causing problems. And I don't mean pwnies, I already made peace with them.
    Last edited by Ebalere; 08-18-2011 at 06:40 PM.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebalere For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Guild warfare- rotfl, well thanks for the heads-up. That's pretty serious blackmail for no really good reason?!?
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Yeah well, it really caught me by surprise that he would threaten that, but it's happened before. Griefing is getting out of control in star legends, my friend Kirko had his guild griefed by someone who admittedly did it for no reason, other than he "felt like it".
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Maybe we need more positions in guilds? Like Leader, co-leader, general (only these 3 ranks can delete peoplefrom guild) then officer, member.
    RIP Twinktastic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Its a shame make sure u get to know the person before u make them officers

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Default One more promotion tear nessesary

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    Yeah well, it really caught me by surprise that he would threaten that, but it's happened before. Griefing is getting out of control in star legends, my friend Kirko had his guild griefed by someone who admittedly did it for no reason, other than he "felt like it".
    This is what needs to happen, IMO
    GM-can remove anyone and everyone from guild
    Distinguished officers- can do same as gm, except not remove gm or officers
    Just officers- can invite, but not remove from guild
    members- yea, just members lol.

I believe this needs to happen and fast. thanks for the heads up.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

8. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Yea Conradin, we really wish we could have more ranks so people still have a pecking order without having to risk losing your guild, but it seems it's not that high on Dev's priority list unfortunately.

Supa, this is my only saving grace, is that our officers are truly good friends and we screen members for 2 weeks before considering them for promotion, and after that they need to be voted in unanimously by me, Skavenger, and Mayhemmonkey. But all it takes is a real jerk with enough free time to gain our trust and we lose everything we worked so hard for. Like someone said in another thread, anything short of meeting the person face to face, isn't really enough to truly know how that person is. People hide behind their alts all the time, you never know who you could be talking to.
    Infinite Union forums

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Griefers are the new Scourge of the New Millenium

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow just do this demote all officers and have some friends to follow them if i had sl id gladly do it, oh and if you cant repromotet one at only at a time and make him madif they are delted you have your guy and an idiot who can be banned now

Oh and make it to guild leader delete only so no baby griefers who cant take competition
    Last edited by Uzikrabd; 08-18-2011 at 01:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Thanks very much for the warning eb. Oh how i miss the days of the closed beta when the guilds were all about respecting eachother, hopefully this guy gets dealt with swiftly.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    Thanks very much for the warning eb. Oh how i miss the days of the closed beta when the guilds were all about respecting eachother, hopefully this guy gets dealt with swiftly.
    Oh this is gonna get ugly if the beta players are already blaming the new players for causing all of the trouble what's going to happen when the iOS players get to join?
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Im not blaming all the new players, only some of them. Most the new players are a joy to run with. Im also not saying that there werent any problems during beta, just less. When the game went open beta then full release a lot more players got in the game, more players = more players out to ruin others fun

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Kraze, you'd have to be there to understand I think. I already said not all new guilds are like this, but I could name quite a few. In the Beta we were more personal and friendly, because it wasnt that many people. It was like a guild itself. But the sudden influx of immature guildmasters has become quite evident, and obvious to any that were here from the start.

I feel you took what we're saying way out of context, and I ask that you leave the apple/android quabble out of this. This is about people who feel that they don't have to answer to anyone doing whatever they please, and ruining the whole "community feel" this game had before. What gives Fatherpois the right to jump on SL and threaten me when I've been putting my everything into KoC? We never had "griefing" in Beta. Now it's here. That's all we're saying. We're not hating on the new people cuz theyre new.
    Infinite Union forums

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Complaining about guild poaching is hilarious. 15 years of mmo's, and this is a new one lol. In old established games, any new guildie surely came from another guild. No one complains. A guild contacting and trying to attain members that are quality is an old old custom, not to mention smart. Take care of your own, and they wont leave. If they do, look at how your guild handles things, as they clearly were not fully satisfied and "grass is greener'd" another guild.

Deal with it.

Saying guilds respected each other moreso in beta than in launch is lunacy.

Of all the things to complain about in game, this isnt one of them.

Testament - Victory Engineer
    Xaphan - Winner Commando
    Entropy - Lowby Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I think what I said was taken out of context. Was not trolling or flaming anyone. I do not condone greifing. However there is a report feature for a reason posting igns isn't necessary. This is part of the growing pain process and it will not take long for the bad apples to be found and removed. As far as the you would have to be there point I could point to the fact that the begging issue in pl is something relatively new since the droid community was added. Is there a connection there? No that would be silly to imply that. As the numbers of players grows these things will happen. However a lot of the issues I'm seeing in these threads is in part due to guilds making anyone who requests the gig an officer. Now in this example this is clearly a random troll and I personally thank you for reporting them. However we have no way of knowing if this person was a beta player waiting for his moment or a new player.
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    I think what I said was taken out of context. Was not trolling or flaming anyone. I do not condone greifing. However there is a report feature for a reason posting igns isn't necessary. This is part of the growing pain process and it will not take long for the bad apples to be found and removed. As far as the you would have to be there point I could point to the fact that the begging issue in pl is something relatively new since the droid community was added. Is there a connection there? No that would be silly to imply that. As the numbers of players grows these things will happen. However a lot of the issues I'm seeing in these threads is in part due to guilds making anyone who requests the gig an officer. Now in this example this is clearly a random troll and I personally thank you for reporting them. However we have no way of knowing if this person was a beta player waiting for his moment or a new player.
    I have seen multiple accounts (this thread is not one of them) where Beta players think they are better, or in a diffent lvl than other players, all becuase they had the right phone. I do believe there will be some more of this when apple joins in aswell (as I saw some of this in PL when droid joined)
    RIP Twinktastic

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Beta player, new player, played in old Everquest, top 1% word in World of Warcraft... everyone feels their skills are amazing and their particular circumstance gives them an edge. It's disgusting.

Don't matter. This game isn't hard and people are people. When pvp comes out, we will see who is really good and who isn't. When pvp comes out, and all of you enlightened, respectful, brotherly (laugh) beta guilds start engaging other players, I will be eating popcorn and enjoying the show as all of you start flaming and talking trash. Pvp gonna bring it out in you to some degree. So stop talking down to non-beta whatever players.

Makes you look like a XXXX.

Testament - Victory Engineer
    Xaphan - Winner Commando
    Entropy - Lowby Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

When did we ever say anything about the beta players being better than any other players??? Ive read this thread over and over and nowhere did we ever say we were better in any way, shape, or form than the new players. Yall (excluding conradin) rlly are taking things out of context and trying to reverse the situation.

This thread was never made to try to tell people that beta players are better, it was made to warn all the GM's (both from beta and new) about a persons wrong-doing.
    Last edited by Lowlyspy; 08-18-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Wow, this has ZIP ALL to do with apple/iOS users! I'm just a little disappointed in how badly SL has gotten so quickly with the way people act. I never said we (beta testers) were better and I've met alot of new people post-launch that are cool beans. I never asked to be put on a pedestal.

It's inevitable that there will be people like this, just makes me miss when everyone was cool with each other.

I said poaching I can deal with. The way Father went about it is completely rude. Other guilds have been recruiting out of my guild and I don't care, if my guildies like to take off with the 1000's of credits worth of gear we gave them, fine, I only want loyal members anyway. To tell a guildmaster his guild sucks and to join theirs is just plain rude, and to not stop and continue with threats of griefing is unacceptable in my books.

This isn't about recruiting out of other guilds, It's rude to do, but not bannable.

I posted his name because griefing is a serious issue and it could ruin the game for 100's if not 1000's of people, and this guy can do alot of damage before Support deals with him, if they even do. I've reported tons of lewd names and still see them running around blackstar cussing and trolling, so clearly support has their hands full.

I get the feeling some of you posters are here just to argue. What I did was a genuine attempt to protect my friends and their guilds, yes, even you, pwnies. I'd hate to see you guys lose all your members, even if a bunch of them are ex-KoC. Can you people who are protesting what I'm saying comprehend this? This isnt a "Beta players roolz apple sux" thread, so get over that quick. I'm simply stating that a little bit of respect goes a long way in everyones enjoyment of the game.
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    When did we ever say anything about the beta players being better than any other players??? Ive read this thread over and over and nowhere did we ever say we were better in any way, shape, or form than the new players. Yall (excluding conradin) rlly are taking things out of context and trying to reverse the situation.

This thread was never made to try to tell people that beta players are better, it was made to warn all the GM's (both from beta and new) about a persons wrong-doing.
    If you can't see how your own post about missing the good old days of close beta may appear to imply that the problem is with the new players I don't know what else to tell you
    Just my 2 plat