Quote Originally Posted by Miner View Post
Hey, thanks and it's and interesting point you've made but I would disagree that it isn't always the case.

Firstly, they by all means can tank just as a bear or warbird, but both birds and mages lack the ability to pull mobs into one corner and bears ideally do this as they have skills to stun and keep aggro off all players. Also, typically when farming at shadow caves or such, I as one of my birds find all the bosses targeting me despite there being mages who are also 66. I may be wrong but I thought s/he who does the most damage is targetted by the bosses. If this is true, my blast shots, screams and roots would have done more damage to all the bosses than the mages with their multi-target attacks.

Also, I would make clear that end-game mages are overpowered, not birds. Their set ridiculously provides the same armour as an end-game bear only lacking the dodge and the critical of an end-game bird making them formidable in PvP. At 1-30, which the OP was referring to, they are much less powerful and are mainly good for healing.

However, this is regardless of the actual topic - mages are the only ones who can heal other players and it is a norm by other characters that you do. If you are annoyed by this expectation, especially at level 1-30 as the OP said, I would just play another class.

Anyway, as I'm new to the forums, I would like to make clear this is an opinion and not an argument, thank you for your input also.
1.) Well yes, mages/birds don't have the ability to pull- they don't have the skill. That's why in PvE, players don't realize variety of classes is very useful and teamwork is vital. Every class plays it's role towards end game. I guess I'm thinking more of PvP because that's where I get my excitement. PvE is strictly team based (unless you have the best gear and always 4x pot each round). PvP is a whole different aspect when it comes to individuality.

2.) Yes, the crafted level 65 lilith gear is completely OP. Different gear for different classes should focus on one key, distinct/useful stat (Critical damage for example). Mages are not just useful for healing. I can go in to a lot of detail, but there are several threads on how to use a mage effectively as a damage user in both PvP and PvE. In fact, some of the top players in PvP are mages.

3.) Most players (to me) never are really asking to be healed. If that's the case, just heal them. If they constantly spam heal just mute them. I love my heal, if players want to be healed tell them to go make a mage.