Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why You Might Not Get Healed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Barbamitsos View Post
    Dude either we want it or not thats our job. I have 22m/s regen so i have no prob castin spells andhealin. Just get used
    to them and say nothing more../
    What gear gives you 22m/s regen under level 30?! Wow, that's impressive -- I thought that was reserved for the end game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pleasure_Pirate View Post
    I just hate when I'm playing my bow bear, and the enchantress is too busy using their auto attack to heal the tank.
    Would it be appropriate, then, to tell you to strap on a shield and a sword and tank, and to put down your bow? In essence, would it be okay to tell you to "deal with it and play your class?"

If you notice, I'm talking specifically about trash mobs in an under 30 setting. It's disturbing that I have to keep repeating that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJax View Post
    What gear gives you 22m/s regen under level 30?! Wow, that's impressive -- I thought that was reserved for the end game.

Would it be appropriate, then, to tell you to strap on a shield and a sword and tank, and to put down your bow? In essence, would it be okay to tell you to "deal with it and play your class?"

If you notice, I'm talking specifically about trash mobs in an under 30 setting. It's disturbing that I have to keep repeating that.
    Lol u dony get it BOWBEARS NEED HEAL!! IF THEY GET HEALED THEY PWN!!! Lvl 40 thoth set gives me 22m/s which makes me pwn all for fun check pvp forum mrsbanana vs thelonearcher
    Mrbanana,Fathomgen,Mrluffy,Pleasemenow,Expiired,Mr sluffy

Whoever found this post helpful vote up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Barbamitsos View Post
    Lol u dony get it BOWBEARS NEED HEAL!! IF THEY GET HEALED THEY PWN!!! Lvl 40 thoth set gives me 22m/s which makes me pwn all for fun check pvp forum mrsbanana vs thelonearcher
    This is extremely difficult for me to translate, but I'm doing my best. It's really hard to take you seriously when you talk like that.

I guess I misjudged you and gave you the benefit of the doubt when I assumed you actually read my post. I specifically excluded "end game" level 40 characters. Please at least read the post if you're going to criticize it. My post had nothing to do with what you're talking about: it had to do with trash mobs under level 30. It's sad that I have to keep saying this, but like I said: the TL;DR crowd needs a summary every so often.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

lalalalla.... paladins can heal too, and i spam that heal button all the time. but yes, i do understand your frustration, as i always experience the fact that other players disregard how they would feel in your shoes.
    My Name is Vulgarstrike, SilentCries, Ordinary, Attractive, Investment
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    you should be able to have some fun
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Ahhhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by vulgarstrike View Post
    i always experience the fact that other players disregard how they would feel in your shoes.
    Yup. Basically, I look at it this way: if you're not performing the role that your group needs, then you'll probably have to find another group. Eventually, you won't find ANY good groups, and you'll either adapt or stop playing. 90% of the groups I'm in appreciate the AOE over the heals, and take care of their own health through pots. Basically, this post is about the very vocal (and sometimes not well articulated) 10% of groups that do wacky and annoying things, LOL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

somehow it seems im always playing with those 10%..;
    My Name is Vulgarstrike, SilentCries, Ordinary, Attractive, Investment
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    you should be able to have some fun
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Ahhhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by vulgarstrike View Post
    somehow it seems im always playing with those 10%..;
    Sheesh .. I know exactly what you mean. I've had a string lately myself. It's the same thing that's been shown in this thread, though: some people just have a block in their heads that you're never going to crash, drill, or power though, no matter how many methods you try, LOL. They'd prefer to do the whole "QQ nubsauce, l2play ur class n00b" than to see other points of view. Their experience is clearly the only one that matters. It takes all kinds, luckily, to make the world go 'round.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

11) If you go running off on your own, don't come whining for "help" when you get yourself killed. Stick with the group, and you'll get better support.

12) On the other hand, if you're a level 10 playing Lost Expedition or the Swamps, it's not the enchantress' job to keep your sorry a** alive when you find yourself way over your head.

As far as "heal-bot" is concerned... if you're the only enchantress in the group, the other players are going to expect that you will spend some effort keeping them healthy. If you're not going to do that, it's better to let them know up front. If there are multiple enchantresses, then some chatter to define roles would be helpful, too.
    Potentially helpful thread: Your Job (or: How Not To Look Like A N00b)
    My Guild: The Duchy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    11) If you go running off on your own, don't come whining for "help" when you get yourself killed. Stick with the group, and you'll get better support.

12) On the other hand, if you're a level 10 playing Lost Expedition or the Swamps, it's not the enchantress' job to keep your sorry a** alive when you find yourself way over your head.

As far as "heal-bot" is concerned... if you're the only enchantress in the group, the other players are going to expect that you will spend some effort keeping them healthy. If you're not going to do that, it's better to let them know up front. If there are multiple enchantresses, then some chatter to define roles would be helpful, too.
    Hehe. Your #11 is very similar to #7. #12 is SO true.

I totally agree about being the sole enchantress. And I do toss a heal from time to time in tense situations, but for the usual damage from trash mobs, I reserve mana for AOE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm a good healer/reviver, and I expect the other members of my team to be good team members too. If they're not, then I don't usually hold it against them, but I remind them to do whatever their job is.

Excellent post though.

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by flaimdude View Post
    I'm a good healer/reviver, and I expect the other members of my team to be good team members too. If they're not, then I don't usually hold it against them, but I remind them to do whatever their job is.

Excellent post though.
    It's sometimes so hard to find a good PUG that when you do fall into one, the "Exit Game" option is heartbreaking. I'd love to see something like "Start Campaign Again" or similar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Woops Deleted this post was meant for another thread lol
    Last edited by Relis; 06-18-2010 at 04:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Relis View Post
    Well for me I guess it depends on what the new gear is? It will be hard to give up the 21 mana regen I spam threw skills and like to us magic shield too much!
    I'm not 100% sure what you said here, but thanks for contributing nonetheless, LOL!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm kinda torn as to how I stand on your premise. As an enchantress, I was right there with you. I heal and buff as much as I can, but when someone is doing their best to kill themselves (and me with them) there's a limit to what I can do. At that point it's my first job to keep me alive and then I'll get around to you. Give me a chance, and I will fix what I can. I was getting pretty tired of the "heal heal heal". But then I started to catch my tank up with my healer and I see the same problem on the other side of the coin. I do my job. I pull aggro for the DPS and AOE attacks. I spam pots on bosses. I beckon and hell scream to save chanters when they pull aggro. I do my freakin' job. I'm burning mana like crazy and I can't get a heal to fix poison blast between mobs. Fine. Can't get a res while the elf strolls off to find another mob? Fine. Pull that stunt a couple of levels in a row, and I'm thinking about beckoning the next mob on top of that witch.

I guess at the end of the day, there's always going to be someone in a PUG that doesn't care how the team does as long as they farm a pink or two out of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by SamTheDog View Post
    I'm kinda torn as to how I stand on your premise. As an enchantress, I was right there with you. I heal and buff as much as I can, but when someone is doing their best to kill themselves (and me with them) there's a limit to what I can do. At that point it's my first job to keep me alive and then I'll get around to you. Give me a chance, and I will fix what I can. I was getting pretty tired of the "heal heal heal". But then I started to catch my tank up with my healer and I see the same problem on the other side of the coin. I do my job. I pull aggro for the DPS and AOE attacks. I spam pots on bosses. I beckon and hell scream to save chanters when they pull aggro. I do my freakin' job. I'm burning mana like crazy and I can't get a heal to fix poison blast between mobs. Fine. Can't get a res while the elf strolls off to find another mob? Fine. Pull that stunt a couple of levels in a row, and I'm thinking about beckoning the next mob on top of that witch.

I guess at the end of the day, there's always going to be someone in a PUG that doesn't care how the team does as long as they farm a pink or two out of it.
    I'm glad you shared the point of view of a tank with some brains behind the brawn. Love the humor sprinkled in, too. Excellent addition to this thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Because nobody has time to spam "kill faster!" & "crowd-control smarter" when they are pounding the heal button.

Some healers suck. Some killers suck. It's just far tougher to spot the latter.

Barbamitsos, you're too l33t for me.
    Malaclypse/Enchantress*Spudboy/Archer*Slackerbob/Paladin?
    Fnordian refugee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Agree

Everything basically winds down to mana regen and well aggro as well. I have a lvl 40 paladin with full thoth and 25 mana regen per second so I am okay with being a heal bot and doing significant damage as well. So when u hit 40 i suggest reroll to paladin and u wont have any of these "mage" problems. But you are totally right because there are many low level characters who DO pull loads and cant handle them so they lure them to the mage, who is probably attacking already a mob of 5, and expect the mage to: 1. Heal, 2. Revive, 3.Completely own everyone or else they call u horrible mage and they spam alot. so yea agreed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

I agree with the first post. I was just playing with a guy who was like cmon! Over here! Revive me! And we were in the middle of fighting Bastet so we had our own trouble even staying alive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

@ javajax i have taken the time to read your post and everyones replys and i totaly agree with you, sure mages can heal, but they wernt put in the game to just be free health pots and rez people that think they can solo bosses. theres health pots in the game for a reason, and if you deside to chose a class that cant heal itself, you better get used to buying them, low level mages have to spend their money on mana pots, so if low lvl mages have to contantly keep spamming mana pots just to keep the team alive, eventually their gonna run out of pots, and the whole teams screwed.

basicly the only time i heal is if im geting attacked and i need to, if your smart enough to stand near me, you will reap the benefits of a full heal or close to it. if you run off and try solo a bunch of mobs, im not gonna be able to kindly ask the bunch of mobs that are attacking me to stop while i run over and rez the dumbass stupid enough to get killed.

basicly, mages dont apriciate being heal bots, we enjoy doing aoe and getting kills to, and we dont appriciate the "wow, thanks for the heal..jerk" when u need a rez

just my 2 cents

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So true, Violentsaint, so true. Thanks for your two cents.