Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why You Might Not Get Healed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Another reason why I hate using my Mage - you become some Heal/Revive fool.
    MEMBER OF THE LEGENDS CLAN

DO CHECKOUT MY SALE THREAD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate when people skip the dead end rooms only to have to go back.
    Birdfy- 45 archer
    Elfffy- 25 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elffy View Post
    I hate when people skip the dead end rooms only to have to go back.
    lol completely off topic but so true, DAMB U MEGA MAZE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I hate when people just say;

"Heal"....
    "heal"...
    "Rev"...

Arghhh!!

I'm not even an Enchantress and I still feel your pain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate it wen ppl do that... i just run out of range.... then i heal! then i say "there"
    Renumoth damage pot spamming, 91 dodge, sexy shiv bear
    Tjornan super ultra pink carrying, rich pally Mokugoja Pretty lame twink really
    Phoenix Guild. Rising From the Ashes
    "Im here to kick butt and drink milk. and i just finished my milk...." - ME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i dun play as healer nor a enchantress, but i noe how they feel. if you wanna get heal stay within the range and if you wanna kite or run then dun expect them to chase u juz to heal u~

I was once playing with a group and there was a 2h warrior was not heal in time and died. wat he do was rude to the enchantress saying : "u suck, you suppose to heal me" I'm not sure if that time he was out of range or wat but my thinking was... "hey pal, is your red potion for decoration?"

well that was wat i think that they are doing their job is just that certain point of time there might be some issue that cause not not able to heal in time? perhaps cool down~?
    Monqi - Warrior LVL 40 (Nature Tanker)
    Monji - Archer LVL 40 (Birdy Shooter)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dizko View Post
    I hate when people just say;

"Heal"....
    "heal"...
    "Rev"...

Arghhh!!

I'm not even an Enchantress and I still feel your pain.
    It's even more fun when the lone enchantress is asking birds and bears for revs...
    Potentially helpful thread: Your Job (or: How Not To Look Like A N00b)
    My Guild: The Duchy

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    It's even more fun when the lone enchantress is asking birds and bears for revs...
    I always feel awful when I see that.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    I always feel awful when I see that.
    Awful? I feel like shooting them with my bow for sheer stupidity. A shame PvE doesn't allow that.
    Potentially helpful thread: Your Job (or: How Not To Look Like A N00b)
    My Guild: The Duchy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Awful? I feel like shooting them with my bow for sheer stupidity. A shame PvE doesn't allow that.
    A high level, yeah, but some noobs don't realize only the chants can revive.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Even as a paladin, I keep one eye constantly on the health of my team. I, personally, do feel that I have some responsibility to keep them alive & well...despite the fact that as a paladin, I can do more damage than a pure enchantress. I see healing as part of the role of choosing anything that's even part enchantress. Only maybe a few times have I ever had anyone ask me to heal them. I watch their health all the time- even when I'm playing the tank (unless a pure enchantress is on board- then I just heal when she cannot or needs help)....

I played a game last night w my archer bear who is lvl 36. TWO full campaigns and neither enchantress was healing anyone ever. They did revive people but only when they were the only ones left and the boss had too much life for them to kill him. I finally requested a heal. First time I had ever done that. Not that it mattered, neither healed me.

My take is this- each TEAM member has strengths. One of the greatest strengths an enchantress has is healing, in my opinion...

I do however hate when someone leaves the group, wanders off to the middle of nowhere, dies, and then expects me to revive them when they are nowhere near the group. "REV PLS" & "REZ PLZ" are annoying when the player is nowhere near....

I think a lot of it boils down to personal preferences like xanthia said... And that any kind of preference for playing will work with the right team... I do think most people probably consider healing part of what an enchantress (pure or hybrid) brings to the table so if it's a new group, they should be warned at the beginning not to expect healing...
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Excellent contributions, everyone. Furrawn: I don't know if you missed this in the beginning, but my comments were for content under level 30. Over level 30, there's really no excuse for not dropping heals on the party -- everyone should have enough M/s to make it a non-issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hey, Java

I did understand... For me, heals start the moment I have 1 skill point in heal... I think most people expect healing before an enchantress is lvl 30... But, I think it's fine not to before lvl 30, as long as the play group knows not to expect it... Actually, I love seeing all the differences in the way everyone plays...

BTW, Java, when you mentioned how people work through the map... I feel the same-- I never have understood people who don't do the off-to-the-side one rooms as they play through the level. They have to go back and find the room at the end. I used to think it was newbies, but I even see lvl 40's doing it... And it's not farmers... Why skip a room & have to go back ltr?
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Furrawn View Post
    BTW, Java, when you mentioned how people work through the map... I feel the same-- I never have understood people who don't do the off-to-the-side one rooms as they play through the level. They have to go back and find the room at the end. I used to think it was newbies, but I even see lvl 40's doing it... And it's not farmers... Why skip a room & have to go back ltr?
    Honestly, I suspect it's group-think. Psychologically, people see someone run off in a stupid direction, and they think "Ok, let me save this idiot's butt" ... one sheep runs, then two sheep run, and before you know it, it's a stampede. Then, since no one wants to double back at that point, they just march on.

You might be AMAZED at how you can actually INFLUENCE this behavior by running off in the "right" direction RIGHT AFTER the last mob dies .. or even a little bit before. In fact, if you really want to test it, run BACKWARD and sometimes the entire party will follow you.

Bottom line is people look to a leader, and running off in a random direction sometimes constitutes "leadership" in this game, since we're not always big on communication.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJax View Post
    Honestly, I suspect it's group-think. Psychologically, people see someone run off in a stupid direction, and they think "Ok, let me save this idiot's butt" ... one sheep runs, then two sheep run, and before you know it, it's a stampede. Then, since no one wants to double back at that point, they just march on.

You might be AMAZED at how you can actually INFLUENCE this behavior by running off in the "right" direction RIGHT AFTER the last mob dies .. or even a little bit before. In fact, if you really want to test it, run BACKWARD and sometimes the entire party will follow you.

Bottom line is people look to a leader, and running off in a random direction sometimes constitutes "leadership" in this game, since we're not always big on communication.
    Very true...
    I find this to ESP be the case if I'm playing my paladin & she's in a tank/healer role...
    And/or when playing with friends...

But in a motley crew of unknowns, there are often multiple folks trying to lead which can lead to two or three different fighting groups which leads to that thing you mentioned in the original post about doofusses (doofussi?) who come running back to the group bearing the gift of a 20+ mob w Boss... Lol

I LOVE this game... So many possibilities....
    Last edited by Furrawn; 06-25-2010 at 02:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

amen to that
    Staffed 46 Littlepvp 30 Staved 19. Laconic level 30
    stazed level 30

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From level 1-40 I think I heard someone asking for heals once....

Naughty lazy enchantresses...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awesome thread man.
    I'm a bow enchantress and i'm usually the one taking down huge mobs and spamming spells along the way, until someone runs in only to get killed, and starts flaming me for not healing.
    Why would i heal you when you're out of the range, expecting me to chase you in?
    Some people just have to learn to not rely on every enchantress and just use pots- don't expect us to chug at our mana pots just to keep you alive if we're clearly not a support enchantress
    Retired PL user.
    Away- Level 37 Support Enchantress
    Dictionary- Level 17 Smart bird
    IGetPooedOn- Level 28 Tank bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have not had anyone yell at me for not healing but i get yelled at when i do not revive them immediately. the only time i will not heal if i see it is needed is when the lvl 10 comes into swamps or something way higher than they should be playing.
    Nouda- lvl 100 pally
    helllaflush- lvl 45 birdy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Building a Bird so I was in a lower level game with this L16 Enchantress. He kept typing revive and I thought it was a joke because I was the only one there. When I didn't revive him, he kicked me out of the game. All in all, it was really funny.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm