Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding Warrior Weapon Itemization in Underhul

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Immortal Corruption Blade:
    We're tweaking some numbers on the damage portion side for more consistency using the proc for damage. We will be upfront with players that this is intended to be a DPS weapon and as such it's intended to be lacking in survivability.
    Doubled chance for Death Grip to proc on enemies with a normal attack. Reduced chance for Death Grip to banish enemies, and for a Charged Attack to banish enemies when comboing with Death Grip. We also increased the visual effects of Death Grip to be more apparent.
    Since the old sword stuns and lava procs on normal attack you should at least give the new sword some damage-base-stats-update compared to the old one! When you want to get rid of the old OP lava proc you have to give the new sword more skill damage!
    Many players already pointed out that the proc-damage of old sword with the stun is OP, not the damage output of warrior skills! The axe throw damage difference between l46 sword and l56 sword is like 2% ! Imho the difference should be at least 15%.
    Without that damage buff the old sword still overpowers the new one that much, that nobody will use it even after your planned changes! We are not speaking about progression that 10 levels should reflect but at least to make the new weapon equal to the old one!
    Last edited by Robhawk; 07-06-2016 at 03:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Faliziaga View Post
    What bothers me is the reduced/missing taunt of the new Aegis, I felt like having aggro a lot more than when the warrior in my party is using the old aegis.
    Indeed.
    You have to keep in mind that the old aegis is taunting frequently while new aegis taunts only when warrior hits 70% hp (what by far doesn't happen as often as old aegis proc). Especially in new elite maps mobs suddenly target rogue even though warrior permanently taunts so I'm sceptical that the new aegis makes tanking easier (due to the lack of taunts).
    We need party-option for raid! :P

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stricker20000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Summing up all my thoughts on one post here-
    1. Why is gives lower HP than lvl 46 Arc sword? It is not a huge issue but well I thought lvl 56 would be better in every aspect than the old one.

2. I barely can see the proc. There's no glowing effect, anything- that marks the mobs with affected proc. Only those letters turning up. Don't even know which mobs got affected in a large group of mobs in planar tombs or elite Underhul insects. The charged strike is supposed to make the affected ones explode but sometimes I hit the wrong ones with the charged strike...

At least mark the affected enemies with an aura- preferably blue, like the forge mark of the mythic hammer of flamed forged series...

3. This problem is from normals, not elite. I usually solo the KT4 or WT4 and pull two rooms full of mobs. Within that huge crowd I hit and hit normal strike in order to proc- but a lot of times, or mostly, the affected enemy dies and the next charged strike makes no mob explode at all.
    I still find Aegis preferable in there which, I think-shouldn't well be(since its the last season weapon). Even Dragon hunter sword has those lava pools which kills mobs amass without having to charge the normal strike(which takes like 2 seconds and I got hit like hell during that).
    Could do something like after being affected, a skill could make the enemy explode addition to charged strike(which is excellent, by the way- in stunning).
    This sword needs a less time-consuming mass-kill mechanism, I suppose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I am really trying to push it forward that the freaking sword in supposed to be damaging weapon and should deal damage more than the previous arcane, also with a proc that actually is convenient to do. We use DPS in pvp. How are we supposed to use this one in pvp never even procs once before we're killed by some mages with Arcane gun?
    With all the things the Aegis is becoming more like a pvp weapon due to those blasts but there is no DPS.
    Isn't this pretty messed up? Better remove the exploding thing from the Aegis and replace with some decent armor and decent tanking proc that doesn't need us to proceed to lower our hp intentionally.
    Last edited by Arcael; 07-06-2016 at 09:49 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the replies and feedback on the Warrior Arcane Weapons, and the Arcane weapons in general. We're going to be making some adjustments this week, focused on the Warrior Weapons. We've reviewed the other weapons and effects mentioned in this thread but feel at this time no further adjustments need to be done.

Immortal Corruption Aegis:
    We do want this to be a viable tanking solution for Warriors, and so have increased the capabilities of this weapon while surviving
    When exploding at 70%, the Warrior will also taunt nearby enemies. When exploding at 40%, the Warrior will gain a shield equal to 10% of his health and 70% damage reduction for 5 seconds. When this shield breaks or times out, nearby enemies will be stunned. Stun chance is 20% for bosses and players.

Immortal Corruption Blade:
    We're tweaking some numbers on the damage portion side for more consistency using the proc for damage. We will be upfront with players that this is intended to be a DPS weapon and as such it's intended to be lacking in survivability.
    Doubled chance for Death Grip to proc on enemies with a normal attack. Reduced chance for Death Grip to banish enemies, and for a Charged Attack to banish enemies when comboing with Death Grip. We also increased the visual effects of Death Grip to be more apparent.
    I can see the new Aegis changes will be NERF afterward already before its going to be live with next update. It's intended changes is already too OP for PVE and PVP.

I can see PVP is the one that will complained the most, lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipoopsy View Post
    I can see the new Aegis changes will be NERF afterward already before its going to be live with next update. It's intended changes is already too OP for PVE and PVP.

I can see PVP is the one that will complained the most, lol.
    OP for PVP? Well could be. OP for PVE? No way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stricker20000 View Post
    OP for PVP? Well could be. OP for PVE? No way.
    It will be interesting to test: The damage reduction is capped to 10% of hp (similar to scorchs airbag shield). It s the stun that could make the difference. In combination i bet it s a great option for the hard stuff like jadis elite in pve.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

U should put more gold for mission add locked cryostar crate drop rate higher and level 100 and we good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Please dont launch new weapons this year, you already lauch questionable weapons already with weird playing mechanics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Hey guys,

I've seen questions come up about Warrior weapons a bit with the new expansion and wanted to give some clarity and history on Warriors in AL. In the past there were seasons where Warriors felt weak in AL PvE. Their level of tankiness wasn't needed to survive in maps, they had issues taunting and keeping aggro of enemies, and their damage output didn't match up with with other classes. This resulted in Warriors slowing down parties and being shunned. Due to issues trying to solve the problems of survivability being needed and aggro, the most viable solution was to increase the damage output of Warriors in an attempt to bring them closer to other classes. As you've seen this brought more viability to Warriors in some respects, but really just made them semi-Rogues with a lot more hp, which caused its own issues.

With the Underhul expansion we have re-evaluated the classes and their itemization, resulting in the Rogue armor changes as well as the dagger/bow and staff/gun changes. When looking at Warriors we addressed their core issues again and have been able to make our intended corrections to both taunt, and the need for Warriors in maps as a tank. Having fixed these issues for the Warriors, the previous damage inflation they gained left them too far above other classes, and it was time to remove that artificial inflation now that Warriors could assume their intended role. While I agree with players that the weapon procs had a large impact on it, the problem stemmed all the way from the base item stats. Warrior weapons were often given a lot of extra damage to make up for their core issues.

With the weapons in the Underhul expansion we have removed the artificially inflated damage stats for Warrior weapons, and they are now following along the same item progression plan that Rogues and Sorcerers are following. This did mean Warriors had a little extra suffering time while their weapons caught up with the old inflated damage. We know this hasn't been the happiest change while Warrior weapons caught up to the new itemization strategy, but similar to the armor reduction for Rogues, it's something we need to stand firm on for the overall balance of the game.
    That all said, I'm happy to let Warriors know we have reached the point that their weapons have caught up to the itemization curve. We will be evaluating the balance of Warriors within new content and are very optimistic that they have come back in line and their progression will continue as intended from here out!

Specifically regarding the recently released Arcane Swords: The Immortal Corruption Blade has greater damage than the Dragon Hunter Sword. This is evident by seeing your Damage value as higher when you're equipping. The DPS of the weapon appears lower only because the attack speed of the Dragon Hunter Sword is slightly faster than the Immortal Corruption Blade. I double checked and can assure you the Immortal Corruption Blade has greater base damage, which will reflect in your abilities as well as basic attacks.

Putting the Spank in your Tank
    -Vroom
    Dear Vroom,

Thank you for this post.

If i may suggest, kindly re-evaluate with the following into consideration:

1. For Endgame Warrior Class, PVE class balance does not equate to PVP Class balance thus kindly look into two different setting as this might help as if tou notuce majority of the complain is PVP based. If u have isolated setting for each then it may be easier to control.
    2. I am intrigued with your words of item progression curve and how the warrior class now follows it after the inflated and now returned state.
    2.1 is it not this same item progression curve that cause the initial issues in the first place that you had to inflate item damage for warriors to catch up in pve?
    2.2 if so then is it not logical to say that it is flawed thus it led to the issues
    2.3 if that is such then is it not a potential problem in the future.
    2.4 if so then why revert back to it?

Obviously i may be wrong if so please ignore.

Thanks for reading.

Maarkus

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maarkus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Most sounds great. But why nerfing warrior armor value here. The arcane lvl 56 aegis has around 70 armor less than lvl 46 mythic aegis. So if u fill it with 3 noble diamonds u get it to about same armor lvl as the lvl 46 mythich aegis but with a bit extra damage....... oh diffrent proc also. Is this all the improvement it shall give ...... its 10 lvl more ad change from mythic standard to Arcane lvl. I wonder what the stats would be of a new mythic lvl 56 aegis. And Lvls 56 mythic belt has no armor at all!!. I use mythic lvl 43 belt and mythic lvl 46 aegis for elite tanking in pve. Upgrading to lvl 56 mythic belt and lvl 56 arcane aegis would lower my armor with 100. I think it is impossible to tank elite citadelle with new gear if u dont have antignome set. For me it means switching four furys to noble diamonds just to keep same stats on armor as with lvl 43 and 46 gear. But then i lose alot of hp and damage so for covering up lost hp i prolly need to replace 2 more furys with noble diamonds to be as strong as before. And then i will have lost about all extra damage i get from new gear and prolly be lower on hp. It dont feel to happy about it all. The proc looks great thou ....

And the new arcane sword seems to do great jobb stunning mobs but do zip with boss. Its like giving some one a weapon with great functionality but making sure it cant be used when u need it.

I just cant understand the logic in that mythic lvl 46 to arcane lvl 56 aegis should mean losing 70 armor and gaining 30 damage. Its prolly better for solo farming maps but its not better for tanking a pt in endgame elites.
    Last edited by Justg; 07-07-2016 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Much less drama
    Drasitel officer MythicDragon

Robhawk

The new sword still sucks, god bless i bought it for 2,9M and sold it for 3.7M I wont bother with this sword anymore, ty!
    Last edited by Robhawk; 07-08-2016 at 04:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Immo aegis=the most diffecult weap to use.you shouls have -40% hp to make it do the damage and it only do it once.but look at glint aegis(more armor and less damage)but when you look at the proc.... too op and easy to use.doing proc over and over and boom every mobs are dying.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ProKaveh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

PLEASE STS!
    Fix the new immortal blade lvl56 to be at least more powerful than the lvl 46 sword!!!
    i buy the new sword and im so disappoint!!! in pve it is not so bad but in pvp its a nightmare!!
    please fix that sword so we feel its a lvl56 arcane weapon!!

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    PLEASE STS!
    Fix the new immortal blade lvl56 to be at least more powerful than the lvl 46 sword!!!
    i buy the new sword and im so disappoint!!! in pve it is not so bad but in pvp its a nightmare!!
    please fix that sword so we feel its a lvl56 arcane weapon!!
    It already got buffed just deal with it, sell it and buy l46 sword.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    It will be interesting to test: The damage reduction is capped to 10% of hp (similar to scorchs airbag shield). It s the stun that could make the difference. In combination i bet it s a great option for the hard stuff like jadis elite in pve.
    Yea well its a weapon that is better for using at elite jadis maybe and thats it, it can not compete with old aegis in any way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stricker20000 View Post
    Yea well its a weapon that is better for using at elite jadis maybe and thats it, it can not compete with old aegis in any way
    From what i heard it's actually good in pvp clashes. I tested it on Jadis Elite and it definitively buys you more time to pot. But you're right over the whole run there is nothing to replace the aegis. I still defend my opinion that the new sword is fun to play and useful though, but that depends on party and gear.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

To come to the point can we say that for everybody allready owning the lvl46 ac sword and/or lvl46 aegis both lvl56 arcane weapons are useless and he/she should save the gold and effort ?

News: Tested lvl56 sword now for some h after the buff. My advice is to keep dragon hunter. Thank god I made about 500k profit selling lvl56 again.
    Last edited by Minisalami; 07-13-2016 at 02:20 PM.

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Minisalami View Post
    To come to the point can we say that everybody allready owning the lvl46 ac sword and/or lvl46 aegis both lvl56 arcane weapons are useless and he/she should save the gold and effort ?
    exactly !!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

So the matter is settled?
    The Strong one doesn't win. The one who wins is Strong.