Thread: ATTACK Engineer build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Looks good, I'll resist the urge to respec.

I went for 1 point suppression and it has really shined on numa. Also, running into an engi not constantly trying to cast protection over mine would be nice.

One thing, i understand your reasoning behind dropping whither, and u probably know the numbers better than I, It seems like it would be the better dmg dealer than Leech. If the heal/dmg dot does more dmg than the straight up dot why would u ever need both. Anyway, why not drop leech for whither, at least go 6/1 instead of 1/6 for an attack focused build.
    You may call me bits or giga...just don't call me at dinner time
    Gigabits-engineer(main)-Bitsoarmor-commando-bitsopain-operative-Bitsohelp-engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GigaBits View Post
    ...Anyway, why not drop leech for whither, at least go 6/1 instead of 1/6 for an attack focused build.
    You are right that Wither does more outright damage than Leech. In fact, you will do 50% more straight damage with Wither than with Leech, assuming the target lives through Wither (6 ticks vs 4 ticks).

I found 2 problems with Wither in practice. One, it hardly ever lasts its full duration, 10 seconds. On Numa Prime, only Vular and Guardian reliably last that long. Leech has a duration of 6 seconds, almost half as long as Wither. Many more enemies can be hit full force. And 2, as an attack Engineer you draw more aggro. Without the armor buff of Protection, you have to pot more to stay alive. If you Leech enemies, when they start pounding on you they are still taking damage (before they die!) and you are being healed. That's a win/win to me, but I certainly think your point is valid.
    Last edited by kamikazees; 08-24-2011 at 04:02 PM.