Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Omg Drainers noob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Omg Drainers noob

Okay. So here is another one of my observations.

Since I don't want to spend money on a lvl 51 or lvl 53 rr set (I'm lvl 52), and I don't want to use gear that would simply be outclassed by said rr or custom, I resorted to equipping the Drainers set because it was the best at defense.

I've noticed, however, that when I manage to defeat a player, they will say something like this: "OMG drainers noob" or "lol I only lost because of Drainers" and my favorite: "I can totally pwn you if you take off drainers" (To which I reply "Sure, take off your custom set, and we'll have a nekked battle"). The people that do this are mostly lvl 55 and 56. Here is my reasoning behind why they do this.

Either, 1: They feel like they have been humiliated by getting beaten by a lvl 52 and need an excuse to self-boost their ego, or 2: Drainers is actually a cheapskate set.

I can only think of three reasons that sets Drainers apart that might invoke "2". Either, a) Drainers has high armour, b) Drainers has high health regen or c) Drainers has high dodge. Out of the three, c) seems to be the most probably case. So it's dodge's fault.
    There are three severe flaws to this. Firstly, many str sets have much more dodge than Drainers (Remember birds can go str and skill kite). Secondly, the Drainers set doesnt have a phenomenally high dodge rate - only around 6% higher than the cyber sets. And lastly, It is only with the higher levels that dodge rates (for birds, at least) plummet.

In addition to that, Drainers sacrifices crit and damage for its extra defense. Dodge is part of the game, and anybody can choose to get more dodge by simply equipping one or all drainers set pieces. But they don't. That's their choice. Having higher defense is mine.

Anyways, so what do you think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Pvp anything goes, your right drainers is good gear. People make excuses in pvp at every level, such as lagg, text messege, tree, etc.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ok have drainers on but equip a different bow there's no drainers set bonus so it dosnt matter and they won't know
    thefirehawk level 60 dex bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I think a thread almost exactly like this already is floating around here somewhere
    Just my 2 plat

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

It's the dodge. But no one should be complaining.

a) not your fault you can't afford the "pro" gear they can
    b) their fault they wasted X amount of gold in hundreds of thousands for their RR gear
    c) it's not like they can't use drainers for themselves.

My conclusion: Keep whippin they booty, haters will be haters
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

They're calling you that because they realize they're just crappy players, and that makes them mad

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I just reply with "Raid noob" or "Custom noob" whenever I use mine and get called out on it. Custom/raid has crit, drainers has dodge, a cracked staff has trash stats, nothing they say can change it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
    Okay. So here is another one of my observations.

Since I don't want to spend money on a lvl 51 or lvl 53 rr set (I'm lvl 52), and I don't want to use gear that would simply be outclassed by said rr or custom, I resorted to equipping the Drainers set because it was the best at defense.

I've noticed, however, that when I manage to defeat a player, they will say something like this: "OMG drainers noob" or "lol I only lost because of Drainers" and my favorite: "I can totally pwn you if you take off drainers" (To which I reply "Sure, take off your custom set, and we'll have a nekked battle"). The people that do this are mostly lvl 55 and 56. Here is my reasoning behind why they do this.

Either, 1: They feel like they have been humiliated by getting beaten by a lvl 52 and need an excuse to self-boost their ego, or 2: Drainers is actually a cheapskate set.

I can only think of three reasons that sets Drainers apart that might invoke "2". Either, a) Drainers has high armour, b) Drainers has high health regen or c) Drainers has high dodge. Out of the three, c) seems to be the most probably case. So it's dodge's fault.
    There are three severe flaws to this. Firstly, many str sets have much more dodge than Drainers (Remember birds can go str and skill kite). Secondly, the Drainers set doesnt have a phenomenally high dodge rate - only around 6% higher than the cyber sets. And lastly, It is only with the higher levels that dodge rates (for birds, at least) plummet.

In addition to that, Drainers sacrifices crit and damage for its extra defense. Dodge is part of the game, and anybody can choose to get more dodge by simply equipping one or all drainers set pieces. But they don't. That's their choice. Having higher defense is mine.

Anyways, so what do you think?
    I agree I was lvl 53 with drainers and beat a lvl 55 like 10 times straight and he called me an drainer noob

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I think I'll be a drainer noob just to make a point
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    I just reply with "Raid noob" or "Custom noob" whenever I use mine and get called out on it. Custom/raid has crit, drainers has dodge, a cracked staff has trash stats, nothing they say can change it...
    Exactly my point. They chose offense, I chose defense.

I can afford rr, just that I don't want to spend it on lvl 53/51 rr, I'll wait till I'm 55

There are lots of these people that call out Drainers...I really want one of them to speak up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Lol zerious.........ur gonna start the new era of drainers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i dont like people who wear drainers because they think and act like they're all good, but in reality its not them thats winning, its the fact that us using custom or raid cant land a hit due to the dodge of drainers, tell me im wrong

Asaciuacor | Noobieftw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Asaciuacor View Post
    i dont like people who wear drainers because they think and act like they're all good, but in reality its not them thats winning, its the fact that us using custom or raid cant land a hit due to the dodge of drainers, tell me im wrong
    You are wrong...(you asked)
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

yea u are wrong rusher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

how am i wrong?

edit, this turned into a drainer noob convention, have fun with your sets worth 1k
    Last edited by Asaciuacor; 08-23-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Asaciuacor | Noobieftw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I dont pvp anymore...but that wont help you :/ just keep fighting or if they say that tell them "well i see u have custom set.. You should buy me lvl 51 raid set..if u dont want to deal with it "

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

i love drainers! so what if it's cheap, it works dosen't it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't get why people call others noobs for just wearing a different type of armor.. Wouldn't it make them a noob for going with the most popular sets? More of a noob than someone that chooses their own gear!
    Lvl54 (Dextress) ZeUbermensch / Lvl26 (Dex Bird) Goddemigod / Lvl 23(Dex Bear) Rancorr / Lvl 22 (Pally) Shurpukishpu

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

its the fact that us using custom or raid cant land a hit due to the dodge of drainers
    Or it can be because custom/raid deals such heavy damage that people who don't have 1-2.4M to spare can't survive without dodge. Devs created drainers for a reason, which is to allow people to use it. It offers survivability, if someone wants to use a set that offers them damage, be my guest, if someone has a set that offers survivability, be my guest. I don't use drainers (any more). I decided to put a hold on making another twink and bought custom for my bear, I have a much easier time killing with it, and I kill most people with drainers and custom if I'm better. Truth of the matter is, this game relies lots on luck. With the exaggerated stats (10 crit on custom/raid, 8 dodge on royal sewer) it's hard to not rely on some kind of luck. I don't see how having a dodge build is much cheaper than having a crit build. No one is stopping you from using drainers as well....

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

The same can be said about you wearing a custom set: You are only good because you have high crit and damage. Opinions belong to the individual. I could care less if someone uses dodge gear or the crafted sets, if you are truly GOOD, you must find a way to overcome the strength of that particular set.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr