Hello everyone.
Recently the Daily Deal came out for Androids.
It basically gives a special item each day at a discounted price.
So far, some elixirs, gold, and vanities have been priced but also a Red Antenna came out.
I honestly DO NOT think this should be done. Especially the Red Antenna saying, "You were THERE."
I heard this was from a contest. And it SHOULD stay from a contest.
Even the description saying you were THERE, this especially annoys me.
You were NOT THERE, the people who entered the contest and did whatever they did to earn the original prize were THERE, but the people who simply bought it for Platinum were not there.
Also, crimson holoshield? Of course, Developers said they would release the Hardlight Shield but a red version? Seriously? Why not go ahead and make a red version of the Founder's Helm? I'm sure there will be tons of people who want to be able to get some armor bonus, plus it's just more money from Platinum right? I also heard that Big Love was being brought back. Ha, this was a festival item! And it was 15 Platinum back then. Apparently you cannot get Little Love from waving to it. So basically the people who paid 15 Platinum will have an item that is brought back, while he people who waved for the Little Love has a special item.

Getting these special items makes people feel "special".
It makes their collections seem UNIQUE.
That's why they bought them in the first place.
In my opinion, Daily Deal should be just for items that are CURRENTLY available and maybe some new items! No measly versions of the Hardlight Shield, and no holiday rares.
I am thinking of this from both sides; I never even got the Hardlight Shield OR Red Antenna.
So, if STS wants to make Daily Deal so "profitable" by bringing back stuff, why not make a Founder's Helm? Or a Shield of Gratitude, more likely the Shield of Ungratitude towards those who actually deserved it.
How about an Orange Community Shield? A Black PL Shield?
I want you to think about WHAT these items mean, in value and who DESERVE them.
Right now, Daily Deal seems like this "Blast from the Past" in disguise.

Sure, you can always say people need another "chance" for these items, but consider the "chance" the original players who received the items had to do. Red antenna required an entry to a contest and Hardlight shield required a subscription to a game that wouldn't be known to be released for weeks. There are no "chances", the past is the past and if you have missed it, you must look to the future. The discontinued items were from the past, the winter festival items, the halloween items, the Founder's Helm, the Shield of Gratitude! There is no way to regain any of these items, because they were NOT known to be given. The original people who purchased the campaigns never knew they were going to receive a shield, right?
The original Guardians of Alterra did not know about receiving the shield. The original people who played the game were not promised a special and unique helm the first day they started. They have stayed with us for long, and so have the people who acquired the Red Antenna and the Big Love. They are the people who deserve these special items, and the ONLY people who deserve them.

I am not saying Daily Deal is a bad idea. I am just saying, actually give a deal, not a bribe.
I am saying that collector's items should remain collector's and a daily deal should be a daily deal.
I hope STS will atleast consider this opinion of mine and many others about this new feature.
It is a great feature, and I respect it; however they need to know, reckless releasing of items from the past simply for profit, or any other reason should be atleast given some voices from those who have already gotten them. Hopefully someday, the Daily Deal can be steadily modified to what it is supposed to be defined and function as: a discounted offer for those seeking a bargain and not a revive towards goods from the past.

Please, no flaming or trolling. This is only a VIEW, not a rant.
I would like to see everyone else's opinions on this.
-Whirlzap