Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: power leveling

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default power leveling

Need some help power leveling to 50 I am lv 40 please help I'll use 4x elixer whole time and also how long will it take?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Power leveling is thoroughly looked down upon by the community and the higher level players, especially when one is blatantly asking to be power leveled.

If you were to level with a group of people roughly around you're level you'll find that you will learn to play the class well (or at least you should) and how to be effective in your class and how to support your team. You also get an exp bonus for being in a full team so that might help in addition to using a 4x elixir.

Just remember, power leveling is doing a disservice to other players, the community, and most importantly, yourself.

-------AEO-------

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Umm i was told it meant to keep battling for ages.Is this right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aradraca:393757
    Need some help power leveling to 50 I am lv 40 please help I'll use 4x elixer whole time and also how long will it take?
    Hey! If you want to power level, you should feel free to do so. Some people don't like it. But others love it. Especially, if what u want to do is use elixirs. Elixirs are the best form of power leveling. The developer's have given us elixirs so that we can use them. They want us to use them. Never hesitate to use elixirs if you want to. If u got questions about elixirs, it's ok to ask on the forum. No one but the devs can censor the forums. And they won't censor anyone asking legitimate questions.

You don't really need a lot of "help" if ur using elixirs, especially 4x. I got from level 2 to 38 on a elf if 5 hours SOLO the whole way. (and the only reason I didn't get bit farther is as soon as I hit ao, lost focus on xp'ing fast, lol) So, on 4x just group with people, won't take you long at all. But, u don't need a high level player when ur starting at level 40.

People forget they should let people play the game the way they think is fun.

One valid concern that some has, is that people who use elixirs should take the time to learn their class and general group mechanics as they level. Most people know that and do that already. Im sure you did. No one wants to be a bad player. People just need help and advice sometimes. Thats true for most all players.

Don't worry about people "frowning upon" power leveling. Ask them what "that would be frowned upon" even means.
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 08-26-2011 at 08:41 PM.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER:393866
    Power leveling is thoroughly looked down upon by the community and the higher level players, especially when one is blatantly asking to be power leveled.

If you were to level with a group of people roughly around you're level you'll find that you will learn to play the class well (or at least you should) and how to be effective in your class and how to support your team. You also get an exp bonus for being in a full team so that might help in addition to using a 4x elixir.

Just remember, power leveling is doing a disservice to other players, the community, and most importantly, yourself.
    This forum is for all players who play Pocket Legends. Not just a few. And not just the one who agree with someone else's personal opinion. People can ask about power leveling anytime they want to. No one, but devs has the right to censor the forums.

Since, you used the phrase, what happens to someone who has been "frowned upon" by some senior member? I don't mean these reasons u think power leveling is bad, but what actually happens to someone once they have been "frowned upon" by some senior member?

How does "frowning upon" power leveling stop power leveling from happening in the game?

How does "frowning upon" power leveling stop power leveling from being discussed on the forums?
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aradraca:393757
    I forgot to ask one thing, what class is your lev 40? Not, that it matters too much at all at 40, but some people have used elixirs a lot and may have few ideas. Good luck and have fun.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A ursan warrior btw lv 46 now!!!!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been a merchant been December and decided to lv up as the other merchants don't take me seriously

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aradraca:394751
    I've been a merchant been December and decided to lv up as the other merchants don't take me seriously
    Lol, I noticed same thing also. Makes buying bit difficult sometimes. So, do u still have questions? If so, ok to ask in the forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey people will help power lvl you, if thats what YOU want to do. Personally I love to take my time, i am lvl 51 mage and have throughly enjoyed getting there without 'paying' for it with elixirs. Just ask high players in forest haven, some will, even if you have to pay them gold....hmmmmm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aradraca:394749
    A ursan warrior btw lv 46 now!!!!
    Grats!! Glad to hear it.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Apparantly there is a new update to lv 61 and the vanity you get at 56 will be discontinued. I'm not sure of true or not .

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1 more question, if i use 2 4x elixirs will I get x16 xp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aradraca:394773
    1 more question, if i use 2 4x elixirs will I get x16 xp
    No, lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aradraca View Post
    Apparantly there is a new update to lv 61 and the vanity you get at 56 will be discontinued. I'm not sure of true or not .
    Level cap is not implemented yet. It will be announced when it is.

PL Characters Timbabird-55 Oldsillymage-55 SL Character Oldblaster-20
    Timbabird lvl 55 Oldsillymage lvl 50+

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aradraca View Post
    Yep, that's true. 56 and then replaced by 61 are an additional 'elite level' which are the normal XP x10.

Power levelling is frowned upon, but if you understood the reasons why, you may be able negate the problems that 'sometimes' result from power levelling.

When power levelling, many players either use elixirs or follow/leech XP from higher level players in order to speed up their XP gains, which is great for simple XP advancement. The down side is, by whizzing through the game you are maybe not focusing on the more subtle aspects of playing your class (Mage, Bird or Bear) & the game game generally, self-combos, joint-combos, team play, map navigation, boss killing techniques, communication, etc

I think the frustration comes from more experienced players who are trying to run higher level maps swiftly and effectively, but some other players that join, simply don't have the skills/understanding required to compliment the team, and occasionally don't even know the basics.

Admittedly, some power levellers take time to learn the game and their class properly, and not all poor players are powerlevellers.

Just be aware that by focusing solely on XP some people often forget the importance of the other skills. There are plenty of guides and top tips on the forums so take some time to have a read and mainly just enjoy the game.

Check out my signature for a link to lots of the guides.
    Last edited by Redbridge; 08-27-2011 at 03:35 AM.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    This forum is for all players who play Pocket Legends. Not just a few. And not just the one who agree with someone else's personal opinion. People can ask about power leveling anytime they want to. No one, but devs has the right to censor the forums.

Since, you used the phrase, what happens to someone who has been "frowned upon" by some senior member? I don't mean these reasons u think power leveling is bad, but what actually happens to someone once they have been "frowned upon" by some senior member?

How does "frowning upon" power leveling stop power leveling from happening in the game?

How does "frowning upon" power leveling stop power leveling from being discussed on the forums?
    For one, don't triple post, edit your original post to include all of what you wanna say. By the way, double, triple, etc. Posting is highly frowned upon, even by the devs.

Two, nothing actualky happens to the players obviously, however we take notice that that person is a kown power leveler, and speaking on behalf of myself and not on behalf of others, I refrain from playing with power leveled players. Most of the time pwr lvled players are terrible, and it's because they didn't get the experience of how to properly play their class because they werent doing the killing themselves, they we're just tagging along.

TEACHING people and helping them is one thing, but what I and many others have problems with is how many of the players these days just want to be max level with no work which I turn generally makes them bad players which also in turn affects our playing experience. I've had more than my fair share of times when I've been seriously pissed off because eof a scatter bear or a lag behind the group mage who did in fact turn out to be power leveled.

Any other questions?

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER:394856

For one, don't triple post, edit your original post to include all of what you wanna say. By the way, double, triple, etc. Posting is highly frowned upon, even by the devs.

Two, nothing actualky happens to the players obviously, however we take notice that that person is a kown power leveler, and speaking on behalf of myself and not on behalf of others, I refrain from playing with power leveled players. Most of the time pwr lvled players are terrible, and it's because they didn't get the experience of how to properly play their class because they werent doing the killing themselves, they we're just tagging along.

TEACHING people and helping them is one thing, but what I and many others have problems with is how many of the players these days just want to be max level with no work which I turn generally makes them bad players which also in turn affects our playing experience. I've had more than my fair share of times when I've been seriously pissed off because eof a scatter bear or a lag behind the group mage who did in fact turn out to be power leveled.

Any other questions?
    Hmmmm..any other questions... Yeah.
    So your saying that when someone has the nerve to disagree with certain senior members of this forum they get "frowned upon" and being frowned upon means that this group won't play the game with them? Is that what "being frowned upon" means? Is there more to it than that? Or is it just that? Please answer.

As for the double / triple posting goes, one I didn't do that. Was addressing two different people. But, main prob with what ur saying is that people on this forum do that all day long dozens of times. One thing that a few members do is "enforce" the rules selectively. Sometimes this is done innocentlty but sometimes it's done to try to create negative effect to people that a small group of people disagree with. But, in any case, I like every other forum member who is paying attention, could show you hundreds of cases of double posting - many done by senior members. How come you didn't mention this to them? Oh, wait, I know, because they haven't been frowned upon, LOL, so they can break forum rules without being corrected?

Look: i'm editing my post, lol. Had to go out and take a count. On my device, maybe this true for other devices and / pc, I got no idea. But, on this device, 20 posts display per page. The top 10 are stickies. So, the top two pages has 20 posts that arn't stickies. Last night when I was writing the original post to this thread, nine of the 20 were on the prob with dual spec'ing. Did you take the time out to "monitor and correct" them? About a week ago, someone posted a perfectly fine post. But the title of the post did in no way indicate what the post was about. Someone "monitored and corrected" him right away. I basically.agree and wish folks would be more descriptive. But, it was so short could have been misunderstood. So, I hit back and counted the number of posts that had the same problem. There were six out of the top 20. And I opened every single one. Not one had been "monitored and corrected" in any way. Do you really, really want me or anyone to "monitor and correct" everything? Rules should either be enforced equally, or let some things slide equally or w/e but not used by a few to manipulate/control the behavior of others. And, as I said, there are hundreds of examples of what u complained about to me.

And most power leveled players are better players than the average player. Because generally, they care more about the game, their progress and game mechanics FAR more than the average player.
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 08-27-2011 at 09:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I'm not sure if you actually read what I wrote to try and explain the 'why's' of 'frowned upon', but your comments above don't appear to reflect any understanding of the explanation I gave for you to clarify.

As for your statement 'most power levelled players are better than the average player' where did you get that rubbish from? Or are you just wanting to disagree with necro because he's disagreed with you? I'm not flaming just interested to know why you even think that and what it's based on. I could be wrong and you could be right, it would be great be made aware if I am.

I tried to explain my take on things best I could, and you are very entitled to disagree with anyone on the forums, what I think really frustrates experienced forum members is when people post topics which have been repeatedly discussed (use search maybe), when people quote facts which have no substance, people ask for assistance and advice but when it comes it appears to be ignored.

No one is saying you can't power level. Feel free, fill ya boots. But be aware of the problems that 'might' occur and why they occur. And most importantly don't come back on the forums in 2 months time moaning about being booted from various games, because that is what happens over and over again, to many people. It's probably the two most repeatedly talked about topics and they are intrinsically linked.

I won't repeat what I said above but power levelling is frowned upon because it is believed to be the main cause of badly skilled players. But not all power levellers are bad players.

My personal take as above, is don't just chase XP solely. Learn the game, read the guides, ask for help/advice if you see something new, ask players for feedback if you can handle it, but most importantly have fun, it is a game after all.

I'm not the best player by a long shot, but if I join a game and someone in that game is blatantly messing up everyone else's experience due to bad skill/knowledge, then there are a few choices. I'd probably tactfully try to offer some advice. Some want it, some don't. Some player would leave the game to get away from the mess and move to a different team either at the end of that map or even mid map. Some hosts will boot. Hopefully this explains the why's, feel free to do whatever suits you best.
    Last edited by Redbridge; 08-27-2011 at 09:24 AM.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Hmmmm..any other questions... Yeah.
    So your saying that when someone has the nerve to disagree with certain senior members of this forum they get "frowned upon" and being frowned upon means that this group won't play the game with them? Is that what "being frowned upon" means? Is there more to it than that? Or is it just that? Please answer.

As for the double / triple posting goes, one I didn't do that. Was addressing two different people. But, main prob with what ur saying is that people on this forum do that all day long dozens of times. One thing that a few members do is "enforce" the rules selectively. Sometimes this is done innocentlty but sometimes it's done to try to create negative effect to people that a small group of people disagree with. But, in any case, I like every other forum member who is paying attention, could show you hundreds of cases of double posting - many done by senior members. How come you didn't mention this to them? Oh, wait, I know, because they haven't been frowned upon, LOL, so they can break forum rules without being corrected?
    Look at posts 4, 5, and 6.

I'm not a moderator of these forums, nor am I a GOA so its not my duty to peruse these forums and be forum police. Yes people make mistakes often and yes many members try to catch them and help the member correct his mistake, however to try and put the blame solely on me for all the double/triple posting, misleading and inaccurate titles, etc. is ridiculous. Between my two jobs which I work six days a week and College, I generally don't have a lot of time to be on the forums, let alone read every single thread to enforce common forum rules.

By the way, if there *is* an instance where a senior or an otherwise well experienced forum member makes a mistake like a vague title or triple/double posting, we'll call him out on it and he'll fix it. However, this happens so infrequently that it's rarely the case, generally it's the newer members who need some assistance in being reminded as to what the forum rules are.

I'm not trying to flame, I'm trying to explain myself to you since you don't seem to be understanding what I'm trying to convey to you.

And most power leveled players are better players than the average player. Because generally, they care more about the game, their progress and game mechanics FAR more than the average player.
    I'd have to strongly disagree with you here, if you want to know why Red and I already explained it in previous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    I won't repeat what I said above but power levelling is frowned upon because it is believed to be the main cause of badly skilled players. But not all power levellers are bad players.

My personal take as above, is don't just chase XP solely. Learn the game, read the guides, ask for help/advice if you see something new, ask players for feedback if you can handle it, but most importantly have fun, it is a game after all.
    This is what I was trying to say above, thank you for clearly summing it up in two sentences Red

Would you like clarification on anything else Aikiebo?

-------AEO-------