Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: power leveling

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER:397195
    Aradraca, would

mind doing us a favor and closing this thread? Apparently people just want to flame anyone for disagreeing so this is fast turning into a flame thread and frankly, it's dumb that people don't understand the difference between an argument and a fight.
    Lol lol, someone so eloquently disagrees with u and u call for the thread to be closed, hahaha OMG, lol

Look! I'm editing my post! I have to admit, im bit stunned. I guess tho I shouldn't be. Really thought u more fair/objective. Lol omg, lol

Look! I'm editing my post again! I have stopped being naieve. I thought u had good intentions. I mean u r incorrect, but, I really thought u were a decent guy who u and I had disagreements which of course is ok, when people can act right. But, I see I was wrong
    There can be threads thay go on for pages and pages and pages when it is 10-12 guys anti powrrleveling focusing on one membrr who is trying to help. That can go on forever cuz u think u winning (as if popularity was gonna decide this), but when u at the other end of the deal, u call for the thread to be closed!? Lol lol hahaha
    O
    M
    G
    Lol
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 08-29-2011 at 09:22 PM.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    Lol lol, someone so eloquently disagrees with u and u call for the thread to be closed, hahaha OMG, lol

Look! I'm editing my post! I have to admit, im bit stunned. I guess tho I shouldn't be. Really thought u more fair/objective. Lol omg, lol

Look! I'm editing my post again! I have stopped being naieve. I thought u had good intentions. I mean u r incorrect, but, I really thought u were a decent guy who u and I had disagreements which of course is ok, when people can act right. But, I see I was wrong
    There can be threads thay go on for pages and pages and pages when it is 10-12 guys anti powrrleveling focusing on one membrr who is trying to help. That can go on forever cuz u think u winning (as if popularity was gonna decide this), but when u at the other end of the deal, u call for the thread to be closed!? Lol lol hahaha
    O
    M
    G
    Lol
    Oh no no, I wasn't talking about you aikiebo, I was talking about the others who came in here and started flaming.

I was referring to you when I was saying that we were having a friendly argument and actually learning stuff.

Hope I did t offend you, it wasn't my intentions.

@Pharcyde: LOL. I r super srs

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Navygreen View Post
    OMG, people please!! Man this place is crazy sometimes. I feel as though if power leveling isn't your thing and it is frowned upon by you or others, just don't respond to the thread. Have you ever noticed that these threads on power leveling don't get locked? Why should they? It's a personal preference. I think that telling people they're wrong with how they want to play is causing an issue in itself because it's almost hijacking a persons post. It invites flaming, arguments and other negativity. If you don't like the post, just dont reply. Leave it be. Take note of the player in question and if you don't want to play along with them, don't. I don't see anything wrong with power leveling. If people want to rush through the game and not play then fine. It's their loss or their gain depending on how THEY look at it. I really don't care. It dosn't affect my experience with the game so I DONT CARE.

Jeeze quit arguing! It's annoying.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ht=power+level

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
    No I mean you have to edit your first post in order to lock it, hahaha
    Unfortunately, only GoA's can lock their own threads.

Power leveling is fine, BUT frowned on by the community (forum especially). I power level my toons when I want to make a new alt, but I ask friends privately or in-game. Since these power-leveling threads tend to go up in flames and never result to anything, they are nothing but flammable topics waiting to be locked.

I'm 100% sure that players who introduce themselves in the 'New Player' section and asking for help will get help, in-game or on the forums. I'm also 100% sure that those threads are almost flame-proof.

Knowledge is power. In this case, knowledge is power-leveling. If you are new, introduce yourself! Make friends. You'll find it'll be much more rewarding and entertaining than just plain power-leveling. If you aren't new, and looking to level an alt, post a thread looking for other people leveling alts as well, I'm sure there will always be people who will be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Dang, thanks for the heads up Elly.

Well with your approval OP I'd like to report the thread for closure, unless you want it kept open that is. However this will still probably turn into a flame thread regardless :/

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aradraca:393757
    Need some help power leveling to 50 I am lv 40 please help I'll use 4x elixer whole time and also how long will it take?
    About half way through this thread there is a player, think name was largecommand offering to help ya. If u have any other questions, I really, really hope they didn't discourage you. Plz feel free to ask/say anything that ud like.

Power leveling is disliked by a few players. However, if u read info from the devs u will see u r free to power level. Don't let anyone stop u, if u want to.
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The bottom line is: everyone has there own opinions, and usually arguing gets you no where. Think like this, if everyone had the same opinions then the world would be a boring place. This thread seems very vast in information about powerleveling, and instead of locking it, it would be kind of cool to have this as a reference to new players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Navygreen:396555
    OMG, people please!! Man this place is crazy sometimes. I feel as though if power leveling isn't your thing and it is frowned upon by you or others, just don't respond to the thread. Have you ever noticed that these threads on power leveling don't get locked? Why should they? It's a personal preference. I think that telling people they're wrong with how they want to play is causing an issue in itself because it's almost hijacking a persons post. It invites flaming, arguments and other negativity. If you don't like the post, just dont reply. Leave it be. Take note of the player in question and if you don't want to play along with them, don't. I don't see anything wrong with power leveling. If people want to rush through the game and not play then fine. It's their loss or their gain depending on how THEY look at it. I really don't care. It dosn't affect my experience with the game so I DONT CARE.

Ya, I thought u and I were having a fine conversation. I had no prob with it at all. Adults should act like adults, and it was going fine, I.e. not be sensitive little babies. Lol, yeah, I thought u great guy that had best intentions. Until you called for this thread to be locked. I am just so stunned, that after all these years of playing video games, someone can make me feel naieve.

No, u didnt offend me, that honestly not the prob. You just honestly surprised me. But, it's better to no the truth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Navygreen:396555

Btw, no one was flaming. But, u r hoping to silence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

People power lvl, they remain noobs with high lvl toons, vets who actually PLAY THE GAME get upset at failed noobs because they are literally useless to a party which is detrimental to high lvl runs.

In the end powerlvling defeats the purpose of playing the game in the first place, just because you are lvl 55+ does not make you an LG or valuable in any way. Experienced players can see through noobs and easily identify who is a legit player and who is not. Power lvl if you want, no one will stop you or care to do so, but in the end you really limit yourself first and limit the community second

Oh btw a majority of powerleveled noobs become cocky and annoying, which fails the community just that much more. My ultimate point being, don't be a noob and learn your class to the core so that you are not just another wasted failure of pixelated life that I get to block in balefort !

Best wishes good sirs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

[QUOTE=Ellyidol:397253]
    Quote Originally Posted by Navygreen View Post
    OMG, people please!! Man this place is crazy sometimes. I feel as though if power leveling isn't your thing and it is frowned upon by you or others, just don't respond to the thread. Have you ever noticed that these threads on power leveling don't get locked? Why should they? It's a personal preference. I think that telling people they're wrong with how they want to play is causing an issue in itself because it's almost hijacking a persons post. It invites flaming, arguments and other negativity. If you don't like the post, just dont reply. Leave it be. Take note of the player in question and if you don't want to play along with them, don't. I don't see anything wrong with power leveling. If people want to rush through the game and not play then fine. It's their loss or their gain depending on how THEY look at it. I really don't care. It dosn't affect

I'm 100% sure that players who introduce themselves in the tion and asking for help will get help, in-game or on the forums. I'm also 100% sure that those threads are .
    Ellyidol, the past few weeks ive been working on writing some posts. Posts I had promised some time ago. Last few days really working hard on them. In order to write these posts, I have taken about 200 screen shots of posts. I did this cuz have some computer access at friend but no www acess there, so I take the screen shots and put on thumb drive so can refer to them when I write these posts. I have record of about 40 times when new members have been flamed, threatened and called names/intimidated. I sure u are not aware of these incidents. My screen shots only go back three months, btw. Also, just in case anyone is interested, the very first posts that I read on this forum were few of these insults and threats. I almost decided not to stay with forum. But, it is the only source of game info. So had no choice.

There was no flaming on this thread. That is not why it is being called to close.

I want to ask u a question. I hope u will answer me. I just really want to know, if u don't mind. Do u agree with nec and want this thread to be locked also?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

No worries, responding to posts without constant Internet access can be difficult.

For those that flame/insult new members, let's just say that they are only hurting themselves despite their possible motive of trying to portray themselves to being cool and veteran pioneers. Hopefully this isn't happening as much.

I'll answer your question

I don't fully agree, but I see his intentions. It's quite easy to tell a flaming thread, or it's pathway into one. So in that sense, I agree that it should be locked for potential flaming, but I also agree that posts in this thread are useful. Overall, hot topic to keep an eye on, but no lock yet, and hopefully ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

I only wanted this thread to be locked so it wouldn't turn into a flame war as almost every other power leveling thread has been before.

You (aikiebo) and I and a few others were having a meaningful conversation/argument about the implications of power leveling, why its looked down upon, and what it means to 'look down upon' it. Others came in here and ruined the conversation/argument by raging about how we were arguing and should stop because apparently we were flaming each other (???). Maybe if we want to have a meaningful convo about it we should pm each other? Just a thought.
    Last edited by NECROREAPER; 08-29-2011 at 11:46 PM.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

You could create a group so as to have a group discussion without letting the whole community look at it. I believe there's an option to not let people not a member of the group see the discussions there.

As to locking, I don't believe something should be locked if there's a chance a flame war could break out. I'd rather wait to lock it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Folks, lots of great debate but just wanted to highlight a possible issue.

Regardless of whether your pro or anti power levelling, every one is entitled to do what they want and after all it is just a game.

As long as its clear what issues could arise, then people can make their own decisions armed with the knowledge to make a choice that best suits them.

My biggest fear, is that newer players may be put off posting on the forums or even asking for help/assistance when they know they could do with some, because they are worried about getting flamed or disagreed with.

I think its clear that power levelling might, or might not, be a contributing factor to lower skill levels if employed on your first character, which in turn may upset some players trying run efficiently in end game maps, but what ever we think about it, I'm thinking we need to try to be as supportive as possible to ALL players regardless of what route they decide to take. I genuinely think that is all people are trying to do here, but unfortunately it sometimes doesn't come across like that.

Just an observation but as always am more than happy be pulled aside and slapped around the head with a disagreeable wet fish...
    Last edited by Redbridge; 08-29-2011 at 11:30 PM.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Well now that it seems that this thread has leveled out (no pun intended ) I'd like to pose a question for more of you seasoned members, and its actually Aikiebo's question.

What does 'frowning upon' mean to you when in the context of power leveling? I appreciate that Aikiebo brought up the question as I, for one, have never actually thought about what it meant to me and what it should mean. After all, there really are no 'punishment's per se for being power leveled but we all know the consequences of doing so.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

I don't think it's so much the frowning upon of powerleveling, but frowning upon those members of the powerleveling community who haven't grasped the game. Aikiebo is actually changing my stance a bit.. yes, there are powerleveled players who play like a pro. And there are non-powerleveled players who absolutely fail and have egos the size of Texas. Have we actually looked at a group with a substantial number of players, and then kept tabs on them from level 1 thru 55(6)? I'm not going to go and encourage players to powerlevel, or do it myself, but if I was just joining, where's the proof. I'm half-concerned the main reason I discourage is it the community's views as a whole.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

My opinion on the main reason why power leveling is 'frowned upon' by the general community is because it, power leveling, seems to be the common denominator in the 'noobs' of PL, therefore attributing power leveling to be something that causes you to become 'noob'.

By noob, I mean little to no knowledge about the game yet play at levels (end game) that require this knowledge or make it very apparent if you have this knowledge. All while acting with, what Otu said, the egos the size of Texas.

In the same way, I don't know if much are familiar, the way some WoW players 'frown upon' the act of 'clicking' or a 'clicker'. It's the same concept, IMO. It's a part of the game, players are free to use it, but it is usually seen as a pre-requisite to being a noob.

I would say that the community would 'frown upon' using an iPod if the majority of iPod players are completely 'noob'. Not a good analogy, but you get the point. Its not power leveling specifically, but what it does.

Forum Adept Driazsomethingiforgot's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Its not really looked down upon and i say its fine if you really wanna use 4x combo just get a good group of friends and pop a elixer for a hour and run plasma pyrmid or keeper when you can and you should 50 in no time.
    Driazabacen lv56 Dex Eagle
    Cosmosathena lv8 Noob Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Driazsomethingiforgot View Post
    Its not really looked down upon and i say its fine if you really wanna use 4x combo just get a good group of friends and pop a elixer for a hour and run plasma pyrmid or keeper when you can and you should 50 in no time.
    I don't think that's power leveling, just speed leveling

I think the power leveling we are talking about here is when a higher level character just clears the lower level maps as quick as possible and the lower level character just run through with him, most probably just leeching. This gives him levels skills, and more access to the game, but without real knowledge on what those levels, skills and game maps mean or do.