Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

i can help my IGN is
    Largecommande 55 mage
    largecommandr 55 bird

FOr ur lvl i charge 40-43 10K, 44-46 15k, 47-50 20K, 50-53 25K
    ill b running crush the keeper runs, so u can clear the first lvl in alien 3 thatll be great and we can get started, my prices can b negoitable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I'm not a moderator of these forums, nor am I a GOA so its not my duty to peruse these forums and be forum police. Yes people make mistakes often and yes many members try to catch them and help the member correct his mistake, however to try and put the blame solely on me for all the double/triple posting, misleading and inaccurate titles, etc. is ridiculous. Between my two jobs which I work six days a week and College, I generally don't have a lot of time to be on the forums, let alone read every single thread to enforce common forum rules.

By the way, if there *is* an instance where a senior or an otherwise well experienced forum member makes a mistake like a vague title or triple/double posting, we'll call him out on it and he'll fix it. However, this happens so infrequently that it's rarely the case, generally it's the newer members who need some assistance in being reminded as to what the forum rules are.

I'm not trying to flame, I'm trying to explain myself to you since you don't seem to be understanding what I'm trying to convey to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    I won't repeat what I said above but power levelling is frowned upon because it is believed to be the main cause of badly skilled players. But not all power levellers are bad

Would you like clarification on anything else Aikiebo?
    Yes, thank you for asking.

Plz reread what I wrote, if u do, ull see no way was I solely blaming you for the dozens of violations. In fact that was my point, it happens a lot, by lots of forum members. But, yeah I totally agree no way are you entirely to blame for anything, especially for what we are talking about. Yes, I agree u not solely responcible for this problem. I never said or implied that. In fact, I said the opposite of that. But, I most certainly apologize if u got that somehow cuz that was NOT my intent at all.

I know your not trying to flame. Im not taking it that way from you or anyone else.

In fact, you are the only one has answered my question. Which I really appreciate.

Im not asking why some don't like power leveling. I'm asking what happens when someone or something is frowned upon?

People say that, but never explain what that means or what happens to that person. Well, execept you.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by largecommand View Post
    i can help my IGN is
    Largecommande 55 mage
    largecommandr 55 bird

FOr ur lvl i charge 40-43 10K, 44-46 15k, 47-50 20K, 50-53 25K
    ill b running crush the keeper runs, so u can clear the first lvl in alien 3 thatll be great and we can get started, my prices can b negoitable
    Oh dear...

What class are you wanting level? I'll run with you for a bit for FREE. I'm UK but work a 24/7 rota so am around for all sorts of silly times..

PM me if you fancy a few runs for an hour or two... Add any of my toons.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge:394944
    I'm not sure if you actually read what I wrote to try and explain the 'why's' of 'frowned upon', but your comments above don't appear to reflect any understanding of the explanation I gave for you.
    Redbridge, ur right, I didnt read your post. We having lunch out while I doing this. Didnt even see it, sorry. But, I never said I did, lol, or addressed you, lol, dont why u mad.

Thank u once again for sharing why u dont like power leveling. But, that not what I was asking.

Im asking what happens when someone gets frowned upon (or looked down on) by some member of the forum. People have no prob saying that when they want but wont explain what it means. So, can u explain?
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I think I explained on about post #19; "No one is saying you can't power level. Feel free, fill ya boots. But be aware of the problems that 'might' occur and why they occur. And most importantly don't come back on the forums in 2 months time moaning about being booted from various games, because that is what happens over and over again, to many people. It's probably the two most repeatedly talked about topics and they are intrinsically linked."

every person and every situation is different but generally 'frowned upon' means different things. There are official forum and game rules, so breaking them could be serious. But stuff like power levelling is just a matter of opinion. Frowned upon with respect to that is difficult, because not every power leveller is awful, but as above awful players regularly cause all sorts of problems. I think people highlight it to save you the hassle later in the game. There is no malice in it and maybe they don't explain as well as they could but there are literally hundreds of similar posts and if we explained in detail every time then there would be no time left to play the game.

Almost everything you are likely to need can be found in the 'PL Stuff' link in my signature. Take a little time to have a read. I and many other players have found these guides and lists very useful and answer most questions.

I'm off to bed now but am happy to play tomorrow if you fancy demolishing a few maps.

Feel free to ask any questions or if you need more info.... Via this thread if it's related, new thread if needed, or PM me directly if you fancy. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Redbridge; 08-27-2011 at 05:58 PM.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    Im asking what happens when someone gets frowned upon (or looked down on) by some member of the forum. People have no prob saying that when they want but wont explain what it means. So, can u explain?
    It's rhetorical. It's perfectly obvious that no one can do anything. "Being frowned upon" is another way of saying that the majority of people on the forums don't like it. And I don't remember seeing where anyone said "you'll be frowned upon". If you read correctly, most people say "power-leveling is frowned upon". It gets turned into "you'll be frowned upon".

Being a brand new player and getting power leveled doesn't make you a bad person, just a bad player. However, if you have a toon or two, and know how to play is a different story. I help all my friends, if they create a new character, level up.

On a side note, you entire post has come across as inflammatory, and negative. Learn to get your point across in a mature manner. As I was reading, I got the impression you were attacking Necro the entire time. If that was not your intent, then you may want to rethink the words/attitude you were portraying.
    Zheobird Level 71 Full Dex
    Zheomage Level 71 Full Int
    ZheobearLevel 71 Dual Dex

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZHEOTARE:395369
    It's rhetorical. It's perfectly obvious that no one can do anything. "Being frowned upon" is another way of saying that the majority of people on the forums don't like it. And I don't remember seeing where anyone said "you'll be frowned upon". If you read correctly, most people say "power-leveling is frowned upon". It gets turned into "you'll be frowned upon".

Being a brand new player and getting power leveled doesn't make you a bad person, just a bad player. However, if you have a toon or two, and know how to play is a different story. I help all my friends, if they create a new character, level up.

On a side note, you entire post has come across as inflammatory, and negative. Learn to get your point across in a mature manner. As I was reading, I got the impression you were attacking Necro the entire time. If that was not your intent, then you may want to rethink the words/attitude you were portraying.
    Hey. The majority of those on the forums like power leveling. Ask about it all the time. There are a few vocal ones against it, but that don't mean they in the majority. And yeah, there has been times when it was directed to a person.

Most power leveled players are the best players there are.

My post was not any more negative to the posts others made before I even posted at all as well after I posted the first time. And, you cant show me where I attacked anyone, especially necro.

You were way more confrontational to me than I to anyone else. Im not complaining or anything. You didn't violate any rules or anything. Idc about the tone. I don't think people are bunch of babies. I don't take offence at what u said. Don't agree, but not mad about it either. Just, saying, the closest thing to a personal attack on this thread was u to me. But, not that bad, so no biggie.

Look! I'm editing my post, lol. Just cuz someone is disagreeing with someone don't mean it's a personsal attack.
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 08-27-2011 at 09:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Hey. The majority of those on the forums like power leveling. Ask about it all the time. There are a few vocal ones against it, but that don't mean they in the majority. And yeah, there has been times when it was directed to a person.

I still don't know where you're getting this info from but the vast majority of players would strongly disagree with your statement. I think we can safely assume to agree to disagree on this one.

Look! I'm editing my post, lol. Just cuz someone is disagreeing with someone don't mean it's a personsal attack.
    You're right, an argument isn't a fight, and every one has the right to disagree, just don't try to push the boundaries (I'm not saying you are, but just be mindful of the line and try not to cross it).

Zheo was saying that the tone that is derived or assumed from your posts is interpreted in a negative manner which in turn puts us on the defense since it seems as if you were attacking us based on your tone, even if that wasn't your intent. I for one felt like I was being targeted by your post which I why I went on the defensive and mentioned how I thought that you were directing your posts at me.

Just be more careful of how you try to get your ideas across since you never know how the person on the other side of the screen might interpret it.

-------AEO-------

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Largecommand ill pay from 46 to 50

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER:395567

I still don't know where you're getting this info from but the vast majority of players would strongly disagree with your statement. I think we can safely assume to agree to disagree on this one.

You're right, an argument isn't a fight, and every one has the right to disagree, just don't try to push the boundaries (I'm not saying you are, but just be mindful of the line and try not to cross it).

Zheo was saying that the tone that is derived or assumed from your posts is interpreted in a negative manner which in turn puts us on the defense since it seems as if you were attacking us based on your tone, even if that wasn't your intent. I for one felt like I was being targeted by your post which I why I went on the defensive and mentioned how I thought that you were directing your posts at me.

Just be more careful of how you try to get your ideas across since you never know how the person on the other side of the screen might interpret it.
    Hey!

I'm getting that info from a few places. One of which is reading forum posts.

I wasn't trying to push boundaries. I added that part cuz, still to this moment can't figure why u thought I was attacking you. I have re-read my posts several times. Started to think maybe you thought that cuz I was disagreeing. Just wanted to say people can disagree without it being a personal attack.

I re-read my post-pharaphrase from it:

"people do that on forum all day long dozens of times"

"few members.... to selectively enforce"

"hundreds of cases of double posting"

Obviously, I wasn't saying you solely responsible. How could that even be possible for just one person to be responsible for such a wide spread problem. But, if u need further clarification, no.... I don't think u r solely responsible for this problem.

And I agree, I think EVERYONE should always be aware of the way they are saying things to avoid misunderstandings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Power levelling, in my opinion, is for people who already know the game, have the lvl 56 enchantress, and are making a pally, and don't NEED to re-learn the game. If you know the game already then powerlevelling is fine. If not, its obvious. He can power level if he wants, its not like he'll be hard to spot In-game.
    IntBird Twink: Lvl 19 Pally Twink: Lvl 19

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

OMG, people please!! Man this place is crazy sometimes. I feel as though if power leveling isn't your thing and it is frowned upon by you or others, just don't respond to the thread. Have you ever noticed that these threads on power leveling don't get locked? Why should they? It's a personal preference. I think that telling people they're wrong with how they want to play is causing an issue in itself because it's almost hijacking a persons post. It invites flaming, arguments and other negativity. If you don't like the post, just dont reply. Leave it be. Take note of the player in question and if you don't want to play along with them, don't. I don't see anything wrong with power leveling. If people want to rush through the game and not play then fine. It's their loss or their gain depending on how THEY look at it. I really don't care. It dosn't affect my experience with the game so I DONT CARE.

Jeeze quit arguing! It's annoying.
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Were having a friendly argument and actually a learning experience.

No bickering here, just a constructive argument.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i don't look down on a power leveler and neither should you. Who give a poop? Some people play the game to look like big bad level 56's. Some play for pvp, some seem to just be a garage seller with 800 million in their stash. Why look down on someone that wants to breeze through the game. look it up. up up down down left right left right b a select start. People been cheating and looking to get to the top since the beginning of games. Everyone isn't like you. so if your purpose in the game is different who cares. He will be a high level that has no idea how to use his character. Doesn't know his combos, doesn't know the maps or how to co-op levels, etc.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Think u forgot my question lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Aradraca, would mind doing us a favor and closing this thread? Apparently people just want to flame anyone for disagreeing so this is fast turning into a flame thread and frankly, it's dumb that people don't understand the difference between an argument and a fight.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

people just get mad cuz they spent forever getting to 56 and don't have the plat and friends to cheat their way to the top. totally understandable. I just have one thing to say. LEROY JENKINS.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkCNJRfSZBU

Quote Originally Posted by Navygreen View Post
    OMG, people please!! Man this place is crazy sometimes. I feel as though if power leveling isn't your thing and it is frowned upon by you or others, just don't respond to the thread. Have you ever noticed that these threads on power leveling don't get locked? Why should they? It's a personal preference. I think that telling people they're wrong with how they want to play is causing an issue in itself because it's almost hijacking a persons post. It invites flaming, arguments and other negativity. If you don't like the post, just dont reply. Leave it be. Take note of the player in question and if you don't want to play along with them, don't. I don't see anything wrong with power leveling. If people want to rush through the game and not play then fine. It's their loss or their gain depending on how THEY look at it. I really don't care. It dosn't affect my experience with the game so I DONT CARE.

Jeeze quit arguing! It's annoying.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thread is now closed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

No I mean you have to edit your first post in order to lock it, hahaha

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aradraca:397193
    Think u forgot my question lol
    Hey! Sorry, if I missed your question. Elixrs don't stack. If they did, the answer to ur question would be that it would be 8x, not 16x. The 4 wouldn't square, it would double. But, they don't stack so it would stay at 4x xp.

4x combo.has 4x xp, but 3x armour and 3x damage buffs. U prob new that, just thought id mention it just in case.

The crown u asking about. It's not really a vanity item, it's got stats. However, players aren't going to.be able to get the crown once the expansion implements. As far as I know, the most recent word on that is that prob gonna happen in couple of days. So, if u r lev 46, you prob not gonna be able to get it. The idea is to reward players who do 10x the xp to get from 55 - 56. But, I imagine there gonna be similar item at lev 61. You'll be able to get that.

Did, u see my origiginal post with ideas to help get u to 50? Please ask anything else. Or, of I didnt give complete enuff answer let me know.

Wut lev u now?

Have fun! Let us know if u need anything else.