Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: power leveling

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Took a while to get locked, no? And it took the OP to leave and the thread to turn into flame wars before the lock.

PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AmongDemons View Post
    People power lvl, they remain noobs with high lvl toons, vets who actually PLAY THE GAME get upset at failed noobs because they are literally useless to a party which is detrimental to high lvl runs.

In the end powerlvling defeats the purpose of playing the game in the first place, just because you are lvl 55+ does not make you an LG or valuable in any way. Experienced players can see through noobs and easily identify who is a legit player and who is not. Power lvl if you want, no one will stop you or care to do so, but in the end you really limit yourself first and limit the community second

Oh btw a majority of powerleveled noobs become cocky and annoying, which fails the community just that much more. My ultimate point being, don't be a noob and learn your class to the core so that you are not just another wasted failure of pixelated life that I get to block in balefort !

Best wishes good sirs.
    I can understand this.
    PL - Navygreen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Navygreen View Post
    Took a while to get locked, no? And it took the OP to leave and the thread to turn into flame wars before the lock.

Yeah, we had to request for it to get locked too, but it supports the reason for why threads get locked. Inappropriate, illegal, or flame/vulgar etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Sorry for the triple post everyone. Just wanted to say that what I said was not intended to start any other beef with anyone or to get the thread locked. I got a bit annoyed because of some of the comments I see when it involves certain parts of the game. Games have been out for such a long time and I haven't seen much change in the way some people play them. People 'cheat' people rush through things, a lot of people don't follow story lines, a lot of people play the way they like to play. I can see why it may be frowned upon by the folks who have actually played and grind their way through the entire thing. On the other hand, I figure that the folks who don't take the time to play will have their own kind of fun. Later down the line things may get difficult to where they can no longer enjoy the game because they never took the time to learn certain things. But that isn't my problem, it's theirs.

I wasn't saying that you guys weren't having a decent debate about the whole thing. I just say, play the game and have fun because at the end of the day, the battery dies, you turn it off and tomorrow start again. It's just a game. A very good game, but a game, nonetheless. I just figured you guys were arguing and I couldn't see the reason why. But you both say it was a debate and it was friendly so don't mind me. And I dont think the thread should be locked. It's not a bad thread, just a few misunderstandings.

PL - Navygreen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Yeah, we had to request for it to get locked too, but it supports the reason for why threads get locked. Inappropriate, illegal, or flame/vulgar etc.
    Yeah I actually read every comment and every page of that one lol! It was interesting to see some people's point of view. Honestly, I never knew it was that big of an issue until I read Reported's thread. I can totally understand both sides of this. Maybe we can find a happy medium somewhere down the line.
    PL - Navygreen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Navygreen View Post
    Yeah I actually read every comment and every page of that one lol! It was interesting to see some people's point of view. Honestly, I never knew it was that big of an issue until I read Reported's thread. I can totally understand both sides of this. Maybe we can find a happy medium somewhere down the line.
    I never knew either, I'm sure you saw that I actually volunteered to help and to earn some extra cash. The side-effects were noticed only later on though.. Much like first home owner loans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    I never knew either, I'm sure you saw that I actually volunteered to help and to earn some extra cash. The side-effects were noticed only later on though.. Much like first home owner loans
    Haha! :P

Ignorance is not an excuse, Elly.

lol j/k No, but I saw that but it's perfectly fine. It seems that some people just like to help other players achieve their goals. It's fulfilling in a way. There's been countless times where i've ran into the Magic Portal in Forest Haven and just ran through the entire dungeon to help the newer players clear the level. Offering tips and information along the way and how to do basic combos, etc.. Now, whether or not they appreciate me killing everything in sight before they even get a chance to tap the attack button, I don't know.. lol but my friend list is pretty extensive and I have a lot of low level players on it. They invite me to a dungeon, I go in to help them clear the board, offer my tips and leave. In return, they get the info from me and help with fighting a boss. I feel happy, they're happy, everything works out in the end. Hopefully my help isn't frowned on by too many people. I feel like i'm helping but not actually blatantly "power-leveling."

Sorry, I tend to go off and write a book when it isn't always necessary.
    Last edited by Navygreen; 08-30-2011 at 07:39 AM.
    PL - Navygreen

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    And most power leveled players are better players than the average player. Because generally, they care more about the game, their progress and game mechanics FAR more than the average player.
    el.. em... ey... oh...

lemme stop you there. I wasn't gonna jump into this, but frankly you're making stuff up now. Please explain this statement. I do not see how this is even a valid point to support your reasoning behind power leveling. The only way to actually get good off of power leveling is if you watched an actual pro (who probably won't power-level you anyways) make runs for you. But even this will only make you "good-at-best". Practice is always a factor in getting good at something. Point invalid

If you care about a game, that's fine and dandy but platstyle doesn't display care for the game (someone could be super-uber-leet hax0r status but not give a drop about the game.) point invalid

And how could ANYBODY understand the game mechanics of a game if they don't even do anything? (this was the point you tried to make that made me jump in). There are players who have spent DAYS doing tests in both pve and pvp to find out differences in mechanics. No way is a power-leveled player (assuming it's their main) is gonna know more than those who have actually done the research. That's like saying high school freshman understand nuclear physics than the doctors who do the research and write the textbooks themselves. POINT INVALID

kinda late i know, but if Aikiebo sees this then I'd feel better
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

HeHe Zerious, we just got this to a nice place and you stoked the fires again....LOL (I do agree wit ya though)

It's certainly an emotive topic, eh?
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please stop arguing on my thread its CLOSED

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Thread isn't closed Aradraca, its still open and its been turned from a flame thread to a constructive debate.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zerious:397732
    And most power leveled players are better players than the average player. Because generally, they care more about the game, their progress and game mechanics FAR more than the average player.
    el.. em... ey... oh...

lemme stop you there. I wasn't gonna jump into this, but frankly you're making stuff up now. Please explain this statement. I do not see how this is even a valid point to support your reasoning behind power leveling. The only way to actually get good off of power leveling is if you watched an actual pro (who probably won't power-level you anyways) make runs for you. But even this will only make you "good-at-best". Practice is always a factor in getting good at something. Point invalid

If you care about a game, that's fine and dandy but platstyle doesn't display care for the game (someone could be super-uber-leet hax0r status but not give a drop about the game.) point invalid

And how could ANYBODY understand the game mechanics of a game if they don't even do anything? (this was the point you tried to make that made me jump in). There are players who have spent DAYS doing tests in both pve and pvp to find out differences in mechanics. No way is a power-leveled player (assuming it's their main) is gonna know more than those who have actually done the research. That's like saying high school freshman understand nuclear physics than the doctors who do the research and write the textbooks themselves. POINT INVALID

kinda late i know, but if Aikiebo sees this then I'd feel better
    Hey! Thanks for reply to my post. As I said in above post I am working on post. Sorry taking me so long. I think you asked many excellent questoons
    I am very glad u did. And, no, I not making anything up. Just like everyone else who feels strongly on this issue, im seriouse and sincere. But I glad u asked these questions. In post below this one, someone said we were in good place with this.thread, then u bring this up. Something to that effect, cant go check. Please please, I think ur questions are excellent. And o no, u didnt mean to be rude.when u say I making stuff up. I really really not bothered or upset or anything. I think this thread was going real real good all the way thru and really hope it dont get locked.

Edit: sorry about spelling and grammar, but using this device gets dif and I am on the run doing stuff and not really enough time to go over make everything perfect, just wanted to get my reply in in case it gets locked. Which I hope it dont.
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 08-30-2011 at 01:36 PM.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok as long as u dont argue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Coming back to the original topic (did we ever need to leave it?) and I agree completely with Driazsomethingiforgot's earlier post. If you stick to the likes of plasma pyramid then move to crush the keeper at level 43, then you should find large groups at a similar level who are constantly remaking the area to gain xp. Take an xp elixir and you're talking level 48-50 in a few hours - you don't really need to pay a.n. other to power-level you.

I agree to some extent with earlier posts that you do miss out learning how to play your character if you power-level. Then again, I didn't really appreciate how to play the 3 character-types until I'd levelled all 3; this gives you an insight into how character-types inter-relate. And good luck reaching your goal!
    Zaghorakis - level 60 bear | Arczaghorakis - level 60 bird | Enczaghorakis - level 60 enchantress

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Played 1 yr already so i not a noob btw im a merchant

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Hey! Thanks for reply to my post. As I said in above post I am working on post. Sorry taking me so long. I think you asked many excellent questoons
    I am very glad u did. And, no, I not making anything up. Just like everyone else who feels strongly on this issue, im seriouse and sincere. But I glad u asked these questions. In post below this one, someone said we were in good place with this.thread, then u bring this up. Something to that effect, cant go check. Please please, I think ur questions are excellent. And o no, u didnt mean to be rude.when u say I making stuff up. I really really not bothered or upset or anything. I think this thread was going real real good all the way thru and really hope it dont get locked.

Edit: sorry about spelling and grammar, but using this device gets dif and I am on the run doing stuff and not really enough time to go over make everything perfect, just wanted to get my reply in in case it gets locked. Which I hope it dont.
    just sharing, cuz it's caring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradraca View Post
    what does merchanting have to do with gameplay skill? I can sit around and watch prices rise and fall all day, it's not hard. Plus, it's a very universal thing in any game so that doesn't display whether your pro or noob. Just sayin. Not trying to say you are or are not a noob because I haven't seen you play myself, just saying merchanting is totally irrelevant to actual gameplay skills.
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aradraca:398929
    Hey! How u doing? Did u see my replies to ur questions? Hope so. If not let me know. If u want to do some 4x runs let me know. Add me ign: dontbethatguy
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zerious:399253

just sharing, cuz it's caring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradraca View Post
    what does merchanting have to do with gameplay skill? I can sit around and watch prices rise and fall all day, it's not hard. Plus, it's a very universal thing in any game so that doesn't display whether your pro or noob. Just sayin. Not trying to say you are or are not a noob because I haven't seen you play myself, just saying merchanting is totally irrelevant to actual gameplay skills.
    Hey! He said when he started this thread he was level 40. Guess u forgot.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Went back to being a merchant selling lv 53 ff sword and spending 1.5 mil meet in game if interested

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aradraca:400376
    Went back to being a merchant selling lv 53 ff sword and spending 1.5 mil meet in game if interested
    Hey! Is ur ign aradraca ? Just lettin ya no, yesterday sent friend request and I been checking to see if u on few times yesterday and today. Let me know when u gonna be on if ya want, ok?