Hey all, got my commando to 21 today (currently, may play a bit more). Just wanted to share my observations and get your comments as well.

General Gameplay:

Felt good. It was nice to have my attacks land even as a level 1, rather than missing a whole lot.

Skills:

The Beckon equivalent seems useless, along with that AoE damage tick for 10 seconds. Their purpose is much too slow. Mobs are pretty much dead when either of these skills even begin to work. With how wide-spread the other AoE attacks are, these two don't really cut it IMO.

Damage-buff seemed useless at first, same reason for Beckon + AoE Tick (I have to learn those names!), mobs are usually dead. It was when I got to Numa and faced those heavily armoured mobs and boss, then that damage buff could actually be put to a bit of use (too short, IMO), maybe should be # of attacks based and not time.

Weapons:

I've loved Canon type weapons since level 1. Are they the only ones with AoE attacks? Also, do all canons have a 'canon' suffix to them? Just curious since I've seen other weapons with the same weapon icon as a canon but a different type of look.

I'm considering getting a high DPS weapon for boss fights, an AoE attack is completely useless to a single boss anyway.

Tanking:

Still a bit confused. In a way, tanking seems to be done indirectly through knockdowns and pushbacks, as well as a bit of kiting when slowed. Different from the usual up-close and head-on tanking I've been used to.

What are your findings? Overall, I'd say I have a positive impression on my commando. Though some ups and downs, mostly positive.