Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Took the Time to Respec 3x found best DPS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Jaysal's Super Deluxe Archer Thread

So it looks like my next points will be in ...... drum roll Blinding shot

Heres my reasoning... Due to the glitch where your character will be sucked to the location of the mob attacking you.. Even if your plenty far away.. i dont place any trust in rooting spells or movement impairing spells at the moment.. For this reason I will continue the trend of reducing the probability that i will get hit even in close range.

RESPEC.......
    So I Tried a few things. I stacked Dexterity till my hit % was at 100 then filled in the rest with Strength..

This yielded just so so dps and even with a larger health pool found taking a hit was still pretty harsh..

RESPEC.....

This time I stacked DEX till i hit 100% hit cap and then stacked Intelligence...

Again the DPS was ok however this yielded the worst survivability out of my 3 specs. Mana pool was nice to never run out but with meditation this is not of significance.

RESPEC......

10 Intelligence for a tiny mana buffer.

Dex to the ceiling..!!

This was by far the highest DPS and the best survivability due to high amount of dodge. Not to mention you'll never EVER miss your right around 200% chance to hit after Focus...

That said heres my skills - This is intended as Highest DPS possible build.

Ideal rotation is FOCUS, BRK ARMOR, BLST SHOT,

Burn Meditation every cooldown.

Thorn Wall and Thorn root as needed.

Focus 5/5
    Meditation 5/5
    Blast Shot 5/5
    Break Armor 5/5
    Blinding Shot 1/5

Evasion while a good talent is not needed between kiting and thorn wall you can almost always out run enemies.. (For the sole reason for bosses that can melee from a distance due to lag and caster bosses this may be my next few points, however a few more point in intelligence may prove necassary for this to be added to the rotation without burning through lots of mana pots.)

Avian Scream spreads out enemies which is honestly terrible for Archers as your primary dps comes from a focused blast shot on broken armor.... In which you want mobs grouped together. The spread however is minimal and i could see using this as a defensive skill LATER in the game once points aren't so precious.

Repulse shot - Again I only use Thorn Root for bosses as temporary stall so the functionality of Repulse is not needed.

Blinding shot - In the time that it takes me to worry about a bosses hit chance I can have them dead, and i already have a decent rate of dodge. This would be nice if it was all enemies but the only time I'm worried about 1 enemy is a boss ... In which case I always keep a boss running. The only exception here is caster bosses which Can be nasty So I reserve the possibility of adding this talent down the road once i have more points to spend.

Shattering Scream - This could be looked at as a buff to help the tank.. Or a spell used if you decide to bird tank.. Either way I wouldn't budget something like this so early in the game. Since this only matter if they connect and doesnt affect IF they will connect I'm not worried about this since it doesnt affect the liklihood that a caster boss will hit me.. (Caster bosses hitting you are pretty much the only thing you have to worry about as an archer so far in the game as long as your good at kiting.)

Restore - Nice for solo runs and tanking However even when soloing I rarely find myself using pots unless im up against a "caster boss" in which case the damage come in such large spikes... The slow rate of Regen from this even at 5/5 just wont save you from a death like a health pot will.
    Last edited by Jaysal; 04-17-2010 at 06:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wait Break Armor is a AoE spell?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrauk View Post
    Wait Break Armor is a AoE spell?
    No, It's not AOE but it's one of the few actual DPS spells as opposed to Utility Spells, Buff Spells, and Defensive Spells... etc.. Tapping a maxed out 5/5 Break Armor before a blast shot can almost always yield a 1 hit kill (on your targeted mob) at lvl 25.

Leaving the surrounding mobs decently Low on HP you can pick them off while kiting and throwing up Thorn Wall.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

How is the character game-play wise? Fun?

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Nice spec!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I find its really fun to play ... its kind of a "glass cannon build.. Kill it before it kills you... I'm debating on stating just a little bit more STR to up my base health a bit... Not sure yet.

Evasion will probably be my next few points.. If I dont take predictably less damage then i might throw on 10-15 Str to buffer my HP just a tiny bit..

However I can solo everything but the last boss of the LVL 25 fast run dungeon..

The only reason i cant solo the last boss is because through some glitch you get pulled back on top of the boss sometimes while kiting. and 1 hit form him is 50%-75% of my health depending on if it s a crit or not..

If I'm soloing then the last boss isnt even worth it.. .From what I can tell bosses really dont have a higher probability of dropping purples. So i Just kill everythign else and reset the instances.

In a groups setup its perfect I keep my distance and blow stuff up .. I'm pretty consistently downing more mobs than the rest of my group. And since I'm in a group survivability really isnt an issue.

1 shotting things is always fun which this build is capable of at 25.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Nice spec!
    Thanks! I know this is off topic but is there any chance of adding 2-3 more spell buttons along the left hand side.. opening spell book and bumping a spell form there just isnt practical in the heat of battle and theres definitely room along the bottom for at least 1 or 2 more buttons.

Thinking most people could use bottom buttons for things like meditation restore etc.. Since these are spells you have to stand still to cast anyway you would not need your thumb on the joystick while casting these and this would make a perfect spot for those types of supplementary spells.
    Last edited by Jaysal; 04-13-2010 at 08:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Heres my Concept for 2 extra button slots!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default dagger + wing shield

Hi, ive found that with dagger+shield.. max evasion+focus buff and occasional pots i can solo a whole instance including bosses myself without any problems. putting most my stats into dex and a few into str. I have found the dps and soloability much easier with a dagger+shield. It is also much faster than kiting around something which i did at first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i like your idea for adding 2 extra button slots

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks I'll try that if I ever get green wing shield/ dagger...

I do however love shooting projectiles i ithink its more fun than melee.

However I dont have any problem soloing the highest lvl dungeon. (only reason i tend to skip last boss is hes a potion burner)

I never use pots except bosses and my toon is setting at 39 DPS on my Avatar Screen and im only lvl 23

Can i Ask what your DPS is on your Avatar Screen?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i got mine in the last instance of fathom, the dungeon. I cant recall what it dropped on because i usually have about 5+ mobs on me lol.

yea i think you can play both styles with the same build.. but u sacrifice somethings because you take up 5 skill points on evasion. I need to respec, i have useless points into that mana regen and health regen crap.

On avg for that last lvl dungeon i burn about maybe 5-10 hp pots and 5-10 mp pots

my dagger dps puts me above 80,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love the mana regen because i never have to buy mana pots.. but the health regen is bogus.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it would be cool if we could use dual daggers instead of a shield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yea i was testing out skills and didnt put much thought into specing since the game was new, i hope we can respec later on with gold instead of itunes purchase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

indeed Yah 1.99 is a bit pricy for respec... like... if the game wasnt so mysterious and we didnt have to figure stuff out for ourselves.... like if there was a wealth of knowledge online already it would be different.. But theres not so you have to test... which is expensive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i usually make more than enough gold in drops to cover my expenses, so its okay. and i clear the whole instance pretty quickly.

but a lot could change in later patches, either way, this game is hella fun. The developers have done a great job. On that road to 8 million subscribers on a mobile app lol like WOW did on pc?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well i used to play WoW.. paid about what $15 a month? i dont remember. so 1.99 isnt so bad after i think about it haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

oh btw, theres an epic xbow in that instance as well. ive seen it from a chest while on my enchantress -_-.. ive gotten all my purple drops in that instance from the chests.. but ive only gotten staves and armors..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nathanyc View Post
    i usually make more than enough gold in drops to cover my expenses, so its okay. and i clear the whole instance pretty quickly.

but a lot could change in later patches, either way, this game is hella fun. The developers have done a great job. On that road to 8 million subscribers on a mobile app lol like WOW did on pc?

Put 5/5 into mana regen skill. Now I spend only 0-2 mana pots pure run