Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Took the Time to Respec 3x found best DPS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nathanyc View Post
    Put 5/5 into mana regen skill. Now I spend only 0-2 mana pots pure run
    yup that sounds about right.. thats what i have..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I find evasion to be a whole lot better even as a bowman as you can charge into mobs and not die from ranged damage.
    Running one point in meditation and usually spend no mana pots pet run on the Bonus map in fathom.

Pure DPS wise dagger > bow because of attack rate so I usually use it to clear out all the normal monsters. Then I switch to a bow to clear out the easier bosses and a crossbow for major end boss for extended range.

Have 5 extra skill points left, how useful is break armor? Going with either that, shattering scream or blind shot simply because I get lag killed sometimes on bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Heres how i look at it... Unless your having problems surviving... Which most archers arent at all.. then pick up anything that bumps up your dps..

Applying Break Armor 5/5 while focused and doing a blast shot yields 1 hit kills to the broken target alot... Not to mention on bosses is a nice debuff that helps the entire party kill him faster. So I would say currently its worth the points.

Also I tried out the dagger/wingshield... VERY NICE!!... See.. I assumed blast shot wouldnt work unless you had a ranged weapon equipped.. But not true.. In fact I noticed ranged specials are still ranged and your weapon only affects your primary attack button.

So right now I'm rocking wingshield / sai dagger ... Auto-Crossbow..

Also.. This will probably get nerfed eventually but I'm wearing epic warrior armor.. by stating str... equipping it then respeccing leaving the armor on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looks like its back to my original spec being best with the evasion nerf XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Extra button is def needed but i am sure the dev's are aware of this. another thought for buttons could be to move emote's to display when hitting the chat button??

This would then free up a few slots on the left? maybe an extra 3 or so? i could draw or photoshop a pic but lazy atm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yourmum90 View Post
    Extra button is def needed but i am sure the dev's are aware of this. another thought for buttons could be to move emote's to display when hitting the chat button??

This would then free up a few slots on the left? maybe an extra 3 or so? i could draw or photoshop a pic but lazy atm
    I already thought of that but your forgetting something.. Health/mana bars when your in party go there.

You could fit 1 in between if you moved the emote button.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ahh, your right, what about 8 on the right, would be bulky but they could make an option for it??? this would allow users the toggle the increased buttons if they wish. I remember back to my WOW days i had bars, buttons and random stat type stuff everywhere in raids of 40+ people.

Do not get me wrong the idea of an extra two above is perfect but just looking for way to get 3 or at a push 4
    Soulbringer - Level 25 - Alterra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysal View Post

Heres my Concept for 2 extra button slots!
    Way too close to the joystick if you ask me, I'd most definitely end up tapping the left-hand skill while controlling the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by _ck View Post
    Way too close to the joystick if you ask me, I'd most definitely end up tapping the left-hand skill while controlling the game.
    I disagree... You never accidently tap the mote icon do you??? no and my thumb rubs over it allllll the time.. Fact is you cant hit the emote button while you have the joystick depressed... Which is why i said these two would be reserved for flat foot spells where you arent allowed to move.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So it looks like my next points will be in ...... drum roll Blinding shot

Heres my reasoning... Due to the glitch where your character will be sucked to the location of the mob attacking you.. Even if your plenty far away.. i dont place any trust in rooting spells or movement impairing spells at the moment.. For this reason I will continue the trend of reducing the probability that i will get hit even in close range.

Current Spec.

Focus 5/5
    Meditation 5/5
    Blast Shot 5/5
    Break Armor 5/5
    Blinding Shot 1/5

Also continuing to put all points in dexterity as I am still having no survivability issues whatsoever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I disagree... You never accidently tap the mote icon do you??? no and my thumb rubs over it allllll the time.. Fact is you cant hit the emote button while you have the joystick depressed... Which is why i said these two would be reserved for flat foot spells where you arent allowed to move.

I disagree with your disagree.

Kindly compare the distance between the emote to joystick, and your skill icon to joystick.
    It is too close.
    A better comparison is to find out the size of the joystick pad (ie, the circle when you press the joystick)

I do support the idea of additional skill buttons, but I simply disagree with that placement. Plus, it is very in the middle of no where. Out of place. Does not flow well.

Anyway, suggestions should go into the suggestion forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Splurd View Post

I disagree with your disagree.

Kindly compare the distance between the emote to joystick, and your skill icon to joystick.
    It is too close.
    A better comparison is to find out the size of the joystick pad (ie, the circle when you press the joystick)

I do support the idea of additional skill buttons, but I simply disagree with that placement. Plus, it is very in the middle of no where. Out of place. Does not flow well.

Anyway, suggestions should go into the suggestion forum.
    You evidently did not read my post thoroughly ... When the joystick is depressed... Sliding your finger over the emote key will not activate it.. the same would hold true for these buttons..

When i play my finger slides over the emote key all the time and does nothing.. These would work in the same way as they would be reserved for flat footed spells...

The distance between the buttons has little to no impact on gameplay... A better comparison is NOT to look at the circle that it creates after depressed... Because that is the very thing that prevents you from clicking surrounding buttons.. When the larger circle appears around the joystick it prevents the surround buttons from being clicked... I stated all this in my initial response.

I also cant possibly fathom how you think thats "out in the middle of nowhere" its in the most obvious place on the screen to add more bottons and they are along the bottom edge of the screen next to the joystick balancing out the screen. Practically every MMO out there lines the bottom of the screen with spells... ..... ...
    Last edited by Jaysal; 04-17-2010 at 06:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

You evidently did not read my post thoroughly ... When the joystick is depressed... Sliding your finger over the emote key will not activate it.. the same would hold true for these buttons..

When i play my finger slides over the emote key all the time and does nothing.. These would work in the same way as they would be reserved for flat footed spells...

The distance between the buttons has little to no impact on gameplay... A better comparison is NOT to look at the circle that it creates after depressed... Because that is the very thing that prevents you from clicking surrounding buttons.. When the larger circle appears around the joystick it prevents the surround buttons from being clicked... I stated all this in my initial response.

I also cant possibly fathom how you think thats "out in the middle of nowhere" its in the most obvious place on the screen to add more bottons and they are along the bottom edge of the screen next to the joystick balancing out the screen. Practically every MMO out there lines the bottom of the screen with spells... ..... ...

Firstly, I did read your post. Evidently, your assumptive skills are not as good as you perceive.

The circle is important. When you touch the edge of the circle, lets say to move up. you dont have to tap the middle, and slide up. you can straight away tap the upper part of the joystick circle.
    If this larger joystick circle overlaps, or is very close to your skill buttons, the chance to accidentally press the button is relatively high.
    And lastly, I say again, compare the distance. You'll find it different by a factor of 2. Which is quite considerable.

The reason why I say it is "out in the middle of nowhere" is because of the current UI layout. Currently the skill icons are on the right. To suddenly add two more in between a small slot between the map and the joystick, to me, seems strange. It will be like, separated, out of place. For example, the health potion and mana potion go together, side by side. if we placed the health potion at the bottom and the mana potion at the top near the names, wouldnt that be a strange placement? why? Because it doesnt flow. We place similar items together.

Yes, "practically every MMO out there lines the bottom of the screen with spells" but pray tell, how many mmorpgs do you know on the iPhone? I say very few. To compare the UI of a 1280x1024 screen to a 480x320 iPhone is not wise. Furthermore, the skills are already placed on the right side, so to add another skill bar at the bottom, squeezed between other icons, does not seem right.
    I'm just saying, its the flow. It is like in the midst of a text of blue we have red words. It doesnt flow.
    Last edited by Splurd; 04-17-2010 at 06:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Your information in the first full paragraph is false.

you cant just tap the top of the larger circle.. you MUST first tap the center icon before tapping the top bottom left right etc..

I have tested this.. tapping the area where the circle WILL appear if you tap the center of does NOTHING unless you first tap the center...

The placement makes PERFECT sense...

Consider this...

Theres enough buttons to keep your right thumb busy at all times..

The proposed spells for the left hand side would be flat footed spells... Meaning you cant move when casting them... THEREFORE...

It makes perfect sense to juxtapose the joystick with the flat footed spells because you must ALWAYS remove your thumb from the joystick before casting these.. THEREFORE..

You utilize the utility of a fast flat foot spell then back to moving again. It makes perfect sense.

You're mentally thinking apples with apples oranges with oranges..

When you go deeper you realize it makes sense to put flat foot spells by the joystick..
    Last edited by Jaysal; 04-17-2010 at 06:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Your information in the first full paragraph is false.

you cant just tap the top of the larger circle.. you MUST first tap the center icon before tapping the top bottom left right etc..

I have tested this.. tapping the area where the circle WILL appear if you tap the center of does NOTHING unless you first tap the center...

The placement makes PERFECT sense...

Consider this...

Theres enough buttons to keep your right thumb busy at all times..

The proposed spells for the left hand side would be flat footed spells... Meaning you cant move when casting them... THEREFORE...

It makes perfect sense to juxtapose the joystick with the flat footed spells because you must ALWAYS remove your thumb from the joystick before casting these.. THEREFORE..

You utilize the utility of a fast flat foot spell then back to moving again. It makes perfect sense.

You're mentally thinking apples with apples oranges with oranges..

When you go deeper you realize it makes sense to put flat foot spells by the joystick..

No its perfectly true. I know this because I tested it to be sure before I posted.
    I do not tap and slide, I tap the direction I want to go, and I move there, I do not have to slide my finger at all.
    I even logged in and tested it again to be sure.

And the placement does not make perfect sense. If this is your idea of perfect, then you're really bad at design.
    Also, I am not talking about what spells to put there. That is apples and oranges, and irrelevant to the topic of where to place skills. What if I do not want to put "flat footed spells" there? Hmmm?
    Secondly, the fact that you have to take your thumb off adds more reason as to why its a bad design. Simply put, if I am running from a boss, I do not want to remove my thumb, stop moving, to cast a spell. No, I want to run from them and stay safely out of range, whilst spamming spells on the go. Basically, left thumb = movement, right thumb = attack, spells, etc, and it should not change.

I see that you do not really want to accept an opinion which differs from yours, so I shall not pursue this debate any further, as it is distracting from the original topic of this thread. like I said, suggestions go in the suggestion section of the forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

LMAO Man.. What you said is false... tapping the invisible area where the joystick appears does nothing...

Flat footed spells mean you CANT MOVE WHILE CASTING... these are the spells im saying should go there.

As with all spell slots these would be optional slots....

I dont give a **** what YOU are talking about I started the thread and I was suggesting flat footed spells only.. So your little running from boss scenario doesnt apply

I accept opinions different from my own

But only if they done lie about the way the UI currently works.

And only if they are logical and follow from previous statements

Nothing your saying makes sense... Go troll somewhere else man.

17.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #37
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

You are both passionate about it, that's awesome. Please be civil to each other as well. Sometimes its best to just walk away from a disagreement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Or... FIGHT TO THE DEATH.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    Or... FIGHT TO THE DEATH.
    Hence the name banned lol jk man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also to splurd I agree. Suggestions should go in suggestion forum. Except it wasn't a suggestion just a natural flow of discussion. If I wanted to formally suggest it iwoukd have there. Except my actual suggestion would be a rotating ui. I'll mock it up later.