Quote Originally Posted by morfic View Post
Flow. I ran almost this EXACT same build with Derpytank for a while. Except I used the Sergeant's Heavy Thumper...I mean if your gonna go full AoE build, might as well do AoE weapon damage too eh??

Anyway, this was my favorite build out of the many I have tinkered with. I could almost run seemingly nonstop through Outer Limits solo. The amount of AoE damage was ridiculous. I only ended up swapping specs in anticipation for new content. I am hoping that with new content comes a super tough boss that will make it needed to have a good tank...As it stands, tanks are not needed whatsoever. Just a competent engi and some OP's. Or just some good OP's that can kite. But I swapped to full tank spec hoping that it will help the guild later.

I believe threat is damage based, I do not see how they could possibly put 6 ranks of a taunting skill into game, without the threat getting stronger with each rank.

All that being said, good choice of a build. I think you will love it. However, I would strongly recommend getting a heavy thumper or wastelander... It's a big difference. If you are using all AoE skills, you will be grouping mobs up more....if they are grouped, weapon damage is siiiick with heavy weapon. Just a suggestion.
Other than the heavy weapons having 'Canon' in their suffix, is there a way to tell if it can do AoE attacks? From the way it looks maybe?

Like the Wastelander, I'm not sure if it can do AoE attacks because 1. No Canon in the name, and 2. It almost looks caught in between a rifle/heavy weapon